Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons & Dragons Online: Shadowfell Conspiracy Goes Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The new Dungeons & Dragons Online expansion, Shadowfell Conspiracy, is now live on all servers according to an announcement by Turbine. The expansion brings a host of new content online as well as prestige characters and a level cap increase to 28.

“We’re thrilled to launch Shadowfell Conspiracy, our second major expansion to the game,” said Aaron Campbell, Franchise Director of Dungeons & Dragons Online. “Players can now begin their journey as a high level, Iconic hero in the Forgotten Realms, and jump directly into new adventures in Wheloon. We’re also looking forward to our players getting their hands on our new Enhancements system, which takes DDO’s industry-leading character customization system to another level.”

Read more about the expansion on the Dungeons & Dragons Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Update graphics and put in a real non-instanced world and I am there!

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by ignore_me

Looks like you might like Neverwinter.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Updating now will see if it still has that special place for me in the game.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

Originally posted by MadDemon64

Looks like you might like Neverwinter.

NO, that game was a terrible little toy. It was also instanced, so yeah

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

D&D was arguably always instanced, even on pen and paper, so really, no. THis title should be instanced to hell.

Originally posted by hfztt

D&D was arguably always instanced, even on pen and paper, so really, no. THis title should be instanced to hell.

Really? You never travelled overland to other places on the map in D&D? Sometimes different places on the map are hard to reach and thus a challenge in and of themselves. DDO fizzles after a while because it starts to feel very disconnected, like you reside in a city with magic doors but you can't leave the city.

DDO has the greatest instanced dungeons I've played in, but if you tacked on a world to explore (and conquer), it would be superb.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by hfztt

Really? You never travelled overland to other places on the map in D&D? Sometimes different places on the map are hard to reach and thus a challenge in and of themselves. DDO fizzles after a while because it starts to feel very disconnected, like you reside in a city with magic doors but you can't leave the city.

DDO has the greatest instanced dungeons I've played in, but if you tacked on a world to explore (and conquer), it would be superb.

Indeed DDO lacks a world to explore. But that has nothing to do with instances. In the orginal Guild Wars the large open lands was instanced as well..

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    All I can say so far about the new stuff is I really like the new enhancement system even tho it stream lines things it gives you a more defined character you can also create custom builds still but now you know what you need to be an avenger Favoured Soul or a Ravager Barbarian and the tree's are really easy to pick up on but add alot more diversity in the way you make your character. But still need to get into the rest of the content to say what I think of the rest.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

Liking it so far. I really like the revamp of the enhancement system. It's much easier to work on a build this way. I also like the fact that you can choose to start in Eberron or The Forgotten Realms from the character selection screen.

I don't know what Turbine has done with the Mac clients, but they look better and run faster than the Windows clients, even in beta status. I'm not going to argue. :-)

• KreetureKreeture Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Really enjoying the expac. I have many characters and have so much to do! - on a note- there are quite a few out door areas that are quite large and beautiful to explore