Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

IF WoW2 was announced by Blizzard! Your first thought would be?

Comments

• RydesonRydeson Canton, OHPosts: 3,858Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Axehilt

My reaction would be "Wow" but in context it would be more like "Wow, this is a company who's made nearly all the right decisions over the years and instead of creating something new with Titan they somehow decided to go with WOW2. Unexpected."  It would be a red flag on the game's quality before I heard anything else about it.

But 5-10 years from now when WOW2 does get announced I will be genuinely excited for it

It'll probably be a EQN clone.. (ironic) , or should I say a GW2 clone?  I like Blizzard products some of the time, but no way am I playing those tier progression games anymore..   Been there, done that.. 

• usuckmmorpgcomusuckmmorpgcom c, KYPosts: 1,348Member
    Originally posted by Rydeson

It'll probably be a EQN clone.. (ironic) , or should I say a GW2 clone? 

I hope not. That would be a step backwards for the genre.

• WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,466Member Uncommon

My first thoughts would be several.

I would expect rabid fanbois to throw themselves at the game without ever trying it ,then proclaim it the best thing on earth since Ketchup and fries.

I would expect the game to look cartoony,no not a knock on Wow,Blizzard is famous for low end tech in all their games.However i would also say hmm this is a giant developer,lots of money,like EVERY game,i would be willing to give it a shot and see what it delivers.

I do have preconceived thoughts of developers but i also look forward to trying every game for fear i may miss out on a hidden gem.

Another concern i would have is the TYPE of gamer that would reside in WOW,but again that would depend on the design.

Blizzard is more about marketing gimmicks,i would kind of expect a very shallow game with the gimmick to ride on an Esport theme.Blizzard likes to ride that rail of gamer's and their ego's and the fact tons of gamer's like a platform to brag.Sp pvp would be a definite theme,one i do not like.

My fave games,Vanguard,Eq2,FFXI all are PVE dominate games,so ya i would be worried Blizzard would try and deliver everything i hate in a MMORPG.

Samoan Diamond

• MattatronMattatron Dunlap, ILPosts: 226Member
    Originally posted by Miklosan

What would your spontaneous reaction be, your first thought, your first musclereaction on your keyboard?

The world's virgin count will remain high and I will invest in Mountain Dew.

• TheocritusTheocritus Gary, INPosts: 3,762Member Uncommon
    People would expect WoW in a new skin with better graphics.....This is probably what has people ticked off about EQN..... Using a major franchise name people have expectations.....If they made a WoW2 people wouldn't expect the bastard child of GW2 and Minecraft.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Dublin, OHPosts: 3,415Member Uncommon

"why would they kill their own company / game by introducing a competing product?"  That would be my first thought.

Then I'd think "Oh thank God I'm dreaming"

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,222Member Uncommon
    I wonder if they'll release it before my grandkids are too old to play it.
  • CecropiaCecropia Posts: 3,472Member Uncommon

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• zephyrszephyrs San Antonio, TXPosts: 25Member
    If it was like Vanilla/BC pre-super easy mode WoW, then I'd be interested. 
  • KaoftheRoseKaoftheRose providence, RIPosts: 73Member
    Originally posted by Axehilt

My reaction would be "Wow" but in context it would be more like "Wow, this is a company who's made nearly all the right decisions over the years and instead of creating something new with Titan they somehow decided to go with WOW2. Unexpected."  It would be a red flag on the game's quality before I heard anything else about it.

But 5-10 years from now when WOW2 does get announced I will be genuinely excited for it

rofl what? they havent made a good decision for wow since the release of TBC....

• sanshi44sanshi44 BrisbanePosts: 1,088Member Uncommon
    My thought would be, o boy another game that hand feeds you everythong on a silver platter while the game plays itself for you, I PASS!!!
  • AdamantineAdamantine NowherePosts: 3,514Member Common
    "Whatever"
  • ScotScot UKPosts: 5,769Member Uncommon

"There goes the sandbox revival"

"F2P lovers will be crying themselves to sleep tonight"

"Welcome to a second decade of slavery to the WoW template"

"Have I got to get used to lame cartoony graphics again?"

Not sure what thought would come first though.

• BenediktBenedikt PraguePosts: 1,406Member Uncommon
    simple -  "What will it offer?"
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member
    Originally posted by Benedikt
    simple -  "What will it offer?"

From Blizz ... probably fun.

I highly doubt they will go the old wow route though.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Privacy Preferred, NCPosts: 1,059Member
    *Favored 4 letter Vulgarity* Well, there went any hope for World of StarCraft.
  • uidCausticuidCaustic acworth, GAPosts: 128Member
    "Meh"
  • Grimlock426Grimlock426 Sacramento, CAPosts: 159Member

I would jump for joy, do back flips and shout with glee from the highest roof tops!  Even though I am not currently playing WoW, I still love the game and love Blizzard!

Count me as someone who thinks Blizzard is crazy NOT to make a WoW 2.  WoW is still the top revenue producing MMO, but the writing is clearly on the wall that the game is in decline.  I don't see anything reversing the trend for subscription numbers to keep dropping.  Knowing that a WoW 2, even if it was created based on tech developed from Project Titan, would still be 3-5 years away, it's perfect timing. 

You don't wait until your cash cow is dead and then start developing a new game.  You start developing the new game when you can project that it's failing, but still has some time left.  By the time WoW 2 came to market, original WoW would be down significantly and people would be ready for the new incarnation of WoW.

Do I think it will happen?  No, not really, but I can hope!

• akiira69akiira69 San Diego, CAPosts: 590Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Miklosan

This is a lovely site covering all mmo's outhere. But one game seems to be bashed more than others and that game is World of Warcraft!  But let's face it: That very game was a huge success and still is today... but let's not talk about that very game.....

What if Blizzard announced World of Warcraft 2?? 

Sure, it's project Titan and it's NOT another wow game or similar but if..........   IF??

What would your spontaneous reaction be, your first thought, your first musclereaction on your keyboard?

WHat would be my response? Finally all the closet WoW Fanboy's and girls can stop looking for the mythical "WOW Clone" because Blizzard has just announced they are making it.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarrePosts: 3,549Member Uncommon
    If Blizzard are really smart (and there's evidence they are), their new game will never be WoW 2... but more something like "Universe of Starcraft". Diablo would be too close to WoW either, so I exclude the "World of Diablo" option.

Playing now: WoW, Landmark, GW2, The Crew, SotA

Top 3 MMORPGs played: UO, AC1 and WoW

Honorable mentions: AO, LotRO, SW:TOR and GW2.

----------------

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• bobfishbobfish SouthamptonPosts: 1,688Member

Where is the "meh!" option?

I will be curious, but I've been disappointed so many times by MMOs (including WoW), at various points in their life cycles that I just don't care about a game until I can play it.

"Super awesome new MMO coming in 3 years! - Great, remind me again in 3 years...

• MendelMendel Marietta, GAPosts: 931Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    If Blizzard are really smart (and there's evidence they are), their new game will never be WoW 2... but more something like "Universe of Starcraft". Diablo would be too close to WoW either, so I exclude the "World of Diablo" option.

I'm totally on-board with this.  Blizzard has a fantasy-based game already, it would make more sense to address another genre with their next game.  After all, there's no real reason to move 6-8 million customers from one game to a similar game.

I'd also suggest that we might expect a different art-style from WoW, also.   It makes sense for Blizzard's next entry to look more realistic than previous games.

I can't wait to see the South Park parody!

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• NaqajNaqaj Frankfurt am MainPosts: 1,673Member
    April 1st already?
  • SephastusSephastus New Brunswick, NJPosts: 448Member Uncommon

First honest to goodness reaction of "WoW 2", (Ala EQ2): Are they idiots??

Making WoW 2, is shooting their milking cow to make burgers... a stupid as heck move.

Now, if Project Titan is something completely UnWoW like, I would be curious and would follow its announcement through alpha, beta, and will even try it out. I don't care what company makes a game, since to me, brand means very little. (Yes, I am the type of person that gets generic cereals and medicine to save a couple dollars.)

• herculeshercules lancashire,blackpoolPosts: 4,791Member Uncommon
    Buy buy buy