Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Guild Wars 2: Nearly a Year Later

2»

Comments

• bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299

Just cant see the pull back into this game. SO pc(politically correct) is this game...makes me sick! I really wanted this game to work. It just doesnt! Get the same gear everyone else has...get the same weps everyone else has.... STOPPPPP!!...I want something NO ONE else has, I want that truly EPIC wep that NO ONE has. If I dont have it I at least want the chance to get it. Like playing the lotto...you know your not going to win ..but there is that chance. That is the draw to MMOs IMO, the chance to get something better than you already have.  Yes I have played it (so dont give me that bullshit) 2 lvl80s, there is absolutely NOTHING to play for. Crafting is just a money sink,waste of time. I think this game is just the best of whats left, and thats all. And believe me that is NOT a compliment, because there is absolute JUNK out there for alternatives. Well sorry for my rant, just couldnt take seeing people call this a good game anymore without saying what it really is.. a boring theme park race to the cap to get what everyone has and then nothing left to play for...would SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE A REAL MMO!!............and no..EQN is just an updated version of GW2.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by bentrim

STOPPPPP!!...I want something NO ONE else has, I want that truly EPIC wep that NO ONE has.

What game is this possible in?

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by rodingo

STOPPPPP!!...I want something NO ONE else has, I want that truly EPIC wep that NO ONE has.

What game is this possible in?

It isn't the case anymore, but this was the case in Everquest 2 all the way up to Kingdom of Sky expansion with the mythical tier rewards. Only the first guild on the server to kill certain raid bosses got mythical drops.

• akuma696akuma696 Member UncommonPosts: 55

Just cant see the pull back into this game. SO pc(politically correct) is this game...makes me sick! I really wanted this game to work. It just doesnt! Get the same gear everyone else has...get the same weps everyone else has.... STOPPPPP!!...I want something NO ONE else has, I want that truly EPIC wep that NO ONE has. If I dont have it I at least want the chance to get it. Like playing the lotto...you know your not going to win ..but there is that chance. That is the draw to MMOs IMO, the chance to get something better than you already have.  Yes I have played it (so dont give me that bullshit) 2 lvl80s, there is absolutely NOTHING to play for. Crafting is just a money sink,waste of time. I think this game is just the best of whats left, and thats all. And believe me that is NOT a compliment, because there is absolute JUNK out there for alternatives. Well sorry for my rant, just couldnt take seeing people call this a good game anymore without saying what it really is.. a boring theme park race to the cap to get what everyone has and then nothing left to play for...would SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE A REAL MMO!!............and no..EQN is just an updated version of GW2.

Stop trolling. All i can say is ur setting ur self up for disappointment your not that special no1s going to make something that only u can have. get in touch with reality. or your just setting ur self up for disappointment in life. (Poor kid wants to be special lmao)

• akuma696akuma696 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by Culland
    GW2 is just PvE fluff, failed sPvP and even worse WvW. Yet another game company pissing away its potential to cater to the masses that cannot possibly be expected to be challenged by a game.

Please elaborate on your claims or just stop trolling. 

• GODGANONDORFGODGANONDORF Member Posts: 59
    I got dissapointed for the way th eliving worlds works specially that the gmae endgmae si colecting skins, minis and achievements but if u miss one event then u never get th e colection complete so why continue playing a game u know will b eincomplete for u forever?, and yes i achieved everything till now but liandri so maybe i jjust give up on this stress "do know or never again" tempporary nonsense

DARK AND LIGHT I GOVERN BOTH

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by caetftl

Hopefully this course correction helps gw2 out a lot, dropping significantly in sales quarter over quarter won't be tolerated by ncsoft much longer. 

Also people who talk about population growth are kidding themselves... the game has lost a ton by every metric, including the one that matters most (twitch.tv) if people aren't streaming your game that means people don't care about your game.  You can argue that twitch has very niche appeal, but it simply isn't true.... any game that is doing well finds lots of viewers on twitch. 

How do you know about the sales? We don't.. I would like to see what crystal ball you have. NCSoft says GW2 and A.Net are doing well. Heck GW1 is still going.

Who cares about twitch.tv  - wow then WoW, TSW, Rift, and many others aren't doing well either based on twitch.tv. Nice to a useless and self-serving definition being used.

The game is doing fine.

• stvnkrs10stvnkrs10 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    it was fun for the first month until i had to grind the same thing over and over and over and over. 
  • Mariner-80Mariner-80 Member Posts: 347
    Originally posted by wAnus
    Originally posted by moondrago
    i lost interest  after i had one  toon hit lvl 80 ..now i  still have it on my hard drive but i just  cant  bring my self  to   grind .. i mean  play it  ... oh well

Yeah, same here. About the moment I hit 80 it just wasn't as fun anymore. Still played for a bit, but stopped soon after.

This is pretty much where I am, too, except that I got two characters to level 80 and then left the game last spring. It was great fun and I have no regrets about purchasing GW2, but, really, nothing that's been added to the game since its release has made me want to go back to it. GW2 just doesn't have the "replayability factor" that GW1 had, at least not for me.

A true expansion, though, would most definitely pull me back to this game. 

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Wasn't there supposed to be an update or something today?

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by tmr819
    Originally posted by wAnus
    Originally posted by moondrago
    i lost interest  after i had one  toon hit lvl 80 ..now i  still have it on my hard drive but i just  cant  bring my self  to   grind .. i mean  play it  ... oh well

Yeah, same here. About the moment I hit 80 it just wasn't as fun anymore. Still played for a bit, but stopped soon after.

This is pretty much where I am, too, except that I got two characters to level 80 and then left the game last spring. It was great fun and I have no regrets about purchasing GW2, but, really, nothing that's been added to the game since its release has made me want to go back to it. GW2 just doesn't have the "replayability factor" that GW1 had, at least not for me.

A true expansion, though, would most definitely pull me back to this game. 

It's because you all play it with the mindset like it was a normal mmorpg. You can do a lot at 80, i have played GW2 since beta, i had a 2 month pause though because i met a girl i liked but that went to hell. Now i'm back to play GW2 again and it's a lot of fun.

- WvWvW 

- SPvP

- Fractals of the mists

- Dungeons (Arah is a challenge, people even pay if you run it for them and invite for last boss)

Try all dungeons, all 8 and all different paths.

- Roleplaying

- Alts (new character)

Personal Stories for all races and orders

- Customize your character with different armour and dyes and weapons

- Guild Missions

- Go to all zones in the game, don't rush through and pay attention to detail and conversations and the dynamic events.

- Try different builds for your class/classes and see if there's anything fun you didn't know before.

- Jumping puzzles

- Minigames

- Achievements (new system with rewards etc)

- Farm weapons from champions in different zones

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by ignore_me

Wasn't there supposed to be an update or something today?

Yes, it's coming.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by Vorch

this is what I am talking about and is why I can never go back to a subscription based follow the breadcrumbs to raids MMO

I miss DAoC

• Elija7Elija7 Member Posts: 7
    I've tried very hard to play this game. There are many aspects that I've liked about it over the last year. The events seem to be cool things to be a part of, but I just found the whole leveling process to be adequate at best and boring at worst. While it has some cool features, I found it very hard to stay engaged to any of the stories and content, and while not being a big PvP'er, the WvWvW didn't really appeal to me much either. I've tried, and would still like to try, but I've yet to get one character over level 60 after an entire year. I feel like I missed out on so much while the first game was out because I never was able to find a solid community to play with. I'm not giving up, though, even with the many other MMO's I currently play. Tyria, I hope to find something worth staying for.  
  • DilkushaDilkusha Member Posts: 1
    I have been playing GW since the release of GW1.  GW2 is so crazy with all the updates and events that I dunno how anyone can say they are bored in the game.... I love it.  Every now and then I look at my other games and think maybe I'll play one of them... but meh nope, don't want to just wanna play GW2.  I want to go torture and massacre in wvw... need to do my dailies... monthlies... need to do the event before it ends  LOL arrrrghhh too much to do...cant cope I LOVE IT!!
  • mikelafalcemikelafalce Member Posts: 13
    This is the best mmo out right now. WvWvW is the best. B2P ftw!
  • nagennifnagennif Member UncommonPosts: 48

A number of people who say they played till the got an 80 and left, probably haven't reinstalled it and played since. There's tons of stuff to do, since the living story comes out every two weeks now.

The thing is, if things to do do you means just dungeons and raids in PvE, than you probably won't like the game. But if that's all this genre has come to, then I don't want to be a part of it. There's more to games than just dungeons and raids.

There are a few competitive things in the games for those types of PvE players but there's far more for people who like to entertain themselves without being ultra competitive. Minigames, jumping puzzles, and yes, some new dungeons as well. The current event gives us zone events along the lines of the kind they have in Rift.

Could I do that for months on end. Nope...I'd get bored. But I don't have to do it for months on end, because in another week or so, there'll be something new to do.

If I were interested in gear grind, I'd have become a watchmaker

• wsmarwsmar Member Posts: 122
    Although I outright hate the game, the developers deserve a lot of credit and respect for the amount of content they've put out in this first year. That's what all dev's should strive to do with their games. Maybe GW2's system will rub off on others.
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Well I for one am loving the game. The combat is fast and fun. The dungeons are challenging. And those who say its just a DPS zerg fest don't know what they are talking about. I play a healing SPEC Elementalist and switch to DPS only every now and then...

Untill EQN comes out.. this will most likely where I will be.  If for some reason EQN isn't as good as I hope it will be I most likely will be back here in GW2.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

Well I for one am loving the game. The combat is fast and fun. The dungeons are challenging. And those who say its just a DPS zerg fest don't know what they are talking about. I play a healing SPEC Elementalist and switch to DPS only every now and then...

Untill EQN comes out.. this will most likely where I will be.  If for some reason EQN isn't as good as I hope it will be I most likely will be back here in GW2.

Word, dude.

I'll be playing GW2 with EQN on the PS4.

ANet has had their lows, but they've been working their asses off for this game.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I bought the game ...not because I wanted to pve...but for world class server vs server conflict.I can't express how disappointed I am with the WvW experience.I'm back playing DAOC an 11+ year old faction vs faction(subscription) game(at least for a while).