Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Facts about TESO

I'm not going to give my sources, but I can tell you this much. The graphics in this game are very well done. The combat is fun, and draws you in, both in terms of Melee, and casting. The crafting system is quick, easy, and enjoyable. 

Basically from what I've seen, anyone who has something negative to say about the combat or the graphics is simply a troll trying to run down a game they know little about, and have seen little on. 

In case you're wondering, I'm running a super high end system. So I know what good graphics look like, I'm running 64 gigs of ram, and 2 GeForce GTX TITAN cards sli. So I have 12 gigs of GPU memory. Nothing touches, or taxes my system. That aside, this game is great. It's going to be tons of fun when it comes out. I can't wait to play with friends. 

If anyone is looking for a guild, on The Elder Scrolls Online, or Everquest Next, we are accepting applicants, at www.anarchyguilds.com. 

Comments

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Cavethug

I'm not going to give my sources, but I can tell you this much. The graphics in this game are very well done. The combat is fun, and draws you in, both in terms of Melee, and casting. The crafting system is quick, easy, and enjoyable. 

Basically from what I've seen, anyone who has something negative to say about the combat or the graphics is simply a troll trying to run down a game they know little about, and have seen little on. 

In case you're wondering, I'm running a super high end system. So I know what good graphics look like, I'm running 64 gigs of ram, and 2 GeForce GTX TITAN cards sli. So I have 12 gigs of GPU memory. Nothing touches, or taxes my system. That aside, this game is great. It's going to be tons of fun when it comes out. I can't wait to play with friends. 

If anyone is looking for a guild, on The Elder Scrolls Online, or Everquest Next, we are accepting applicants, at www.anarchyguilds.com. 

Well, while I am not disagreeing with what you said about ESO. I do have to point out, Graphic Card memory doesn't double when running it in SLI. Your system only reports one of the cards memories.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/sli/faq#c26 <--- Source in case you don't believe me

• VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223

I was actually looking forward to TESO, until I saw the FPS combat. I really don't like the so called action combat. The game actually had everything I was hoping for with the 3 realm pvp combat and all, but I just can't do the FPS combat style.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Vynxe_VaingloryVynxe_Vainglory Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
     My favorite graphical feature in TESO is the incredibly red glow around the targeted monsters. It really screams awesome when everything you target has a glowing aura. In case anyone hasn't caught onto my sarcasm I am indeed being sarcastic. I've seen the game in action many times now and I'll be passing.

I'm more concerned with the fact that you even have targets in this game rather than a highlight effect on enemies.

Elder Scrolls my ass...

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
     My favorite graphical feature in TESO is the incredibly red glow around the targeted monsters. It really screams awesome when everything you target has a glowing aura. In case anyone hasn't caught onto my sarcasm I am indeed being sarcastic. I've seen the game in action many times now and I'll be passing.

You know, I don't believe you. You come here way too often to tell us you're passing for that to be true. Cya in open beta image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SelaineSelaine Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by Vladamyre
    I was actually looking forward to TESO, until I saw the FPS combat. I really don't like the so called action combat. The game actually had everything I was hoping for with the 3 realm pvp combat and all, but I just can't do the FPS combat style.

I understand your point. That is really too bad. You must understand: TES always had a action combat system. It would be not the same with TAB-Targeting or something else. Since it is foremost a multiplayer version of the singleplayer game -- i would be very disapointed if they kick out the 'real'-feeling.

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782

I think it's kinda funny of all things you could mention, you mention a feature that is optional. Which makes your sarcasm ... well ... fairly pointless.

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
     FYI the 'redglow' can be turned off. Not that you care, sounds like you already made up your mind with little to no information researched.. typical.
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Just two threads down below this one at the time I am typing this is an entire thread with the title stating it is Optional. You really didn't notice that? lol.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/393102/Glowing-Red-Outlines-as-a-Optional-Setting-Confirmed-from-latest-QA.html

There Is Always Hope!

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

That system must have cost about 5K. Anyway, I'm curious why you didn't go with 2 GTX 780s for similar performance at half the price. No game today or within the next couple of years will not be able to be maxed out by two of those cards in SLI..probably even on resolutions at 2560 x 1440. In fact most games will probably be maxed out with just one of those at 1080P.

There Is Always Hope!

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365

Only fact that matters is,  when the server's "rvr" channel is filled, a new channel opens up. So therefore, your server could have 5 channels of instanced rvr action going on.

So it's Age of conan all over again. Except i don't think you can change channels

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by will75

Only fact that matters is,  when the server's "rvr" channel is filled, a new channel opens up. So therefore, your server could have 5 channels of instanced rvr action going on.

So it's Age of conan all over again. Except i don't think you can change channels

It doesnt work that way...  At the beginning of a new rvr season, which can last several months but atleast 30 days, everyone is assigned to a RvR channel together with his guild and some friendly guilds... For you and you guilld that channel is consistent and you can not go in other channels...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Selaine
    Originally posted by Vladamyre

I understand your point. That is really too bad. You must understand: TES always had a action combat system. It would be not the same with TAB-Targeting or something else. Since it is foremost a multiplayer version of the singleplayer game -- i would be very disapointed if they kick out the 'real'-feeling.

I know the single player games all had the action combat style, it just wasn't something I enjoyed. The best combat system to me was what they had in Dark Age of Camelot. In DAoC you didn't have people running around in circles hitting people or casters running around casting at the same time. If a caster got you at max range you usually didn't make it to him for melee, although if you did, that caster usually died. Melee always interrupted spell casting, which was nice, unless the caster had the realm ability mastery of concentration. The whole strafing around in circles caused people to miss 50% of the time, which was nice. I do like what TESO is doing with its pvp, but I think I'll just wait for Camelot Unchained.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

the red glow and first person are both optional features, good lord people......

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by baphamet

the red glow and first person are both optional features, good lord people......

Well, arent people allowed to have an opinion withouth knowing and understanding how a game will be?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)