Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horror Fan.

MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405

Im a huge fan of games like Silent Hill, RE 1 and 2 and Dead Space. Does this game have that chilling fear factor or creepy awesomeness? Or is it more like the new Resident Evils, meaning completely void of anything resembling fear?

Will I enjoy this game?

(I know how combat and the classes and stuff work, I'm okay with that, I'm just concerned about the horror factor.)

Comments

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    TSW is more about mysteries than horrors , try get buddy key
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Oh thanks that's good to know. Mysteries aren't really what I'm looking for if not accompanied by some chilling horror type stuff, so I prolly skip this one then. Thanks for responding. :D

• Victor_KrugerVictor_Kruger Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by Maelzrael
    Oh thanks that's good to know. Mysteries aren't really what I'm looking for if not accompanied by some chilling horror type stuff, so I prolly skip this one then. Thanks for responding. :D

Its got a lot of horror in the game, the fist area you go too is a tribute to H.P Lovecraft, its a horror and mystery game in my opinion.

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428
    It definitely has some creepy/scary elements to it, but it is nothing like one of those single player games that are dedicated too it. You would probably enjoy some parts of it but, overall, it is probably not what you are looking for. 
  • AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by Maelzrael

Im a huge fan of games like Silent Hill, RE 1 and 2 and Dead Space. Does this game have that chilling fear factor or creepy awesomeness? Or is it more like the new Resident Evils, meaning completely void of anything resembling fear?

Will I enjoy this game?

(I know how combat and the classes and stuff work, I'm okay with that, I'm just concerned about the horror factor.)

There's a lot of horror elements in TSW. There's some downright disturbing stuff. A lot of really bizarro stuff. There's a lot of Mystery as well. They all tend to intermingle a lot.

The game at times feels like a love letter to Lovecraft (not a bad thing), especially in the earlier zones of Solomon Island.

The first thing you're hit with is a town overrun by zombies and draug.

Definitely worth a look if you're into that kind of thing.