Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How far did you get/are you?

13»

Comments

• nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    I am very new to the Final Fantasy World...So I took it real slow I got my Conjurer to level 18 and I learned how to heal in ALL 3 dungeons and for Early Access I will level him up and work on making a Scholar and then onto crafting :)
  • tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321

THM - 20 / ACN - 17 / CNJ - 10

Goldsmithing - 19

I would have finished story and got chocobo but 90k error kept booting me when I tried a certain instance.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    20 Pugist, Maurauder, and conjuerer. Got Thaum up to 10. Managed to do it too with 1 day down from 3102 , otherwise probably would of leveled up Thaum to 15 (mostly in case dark knight gets added soon)
  • StrayfeStrayfe Member UncommonPosts: 199

I must be doing something wrong, considering I played quite a lot and only got:

20 Conjurer

20 Carpenter

16 Botanist

10 Arcanist

10 Archer

Some people over on the official forums were able to get 8-10 classes to 20 in 2-3 days, which is a major blemish on the game.  In fact, as much as I absolutely love almost everything about the game, that right there makes me question whether or not I'm going to keep my preorder or cancel it.

At that rate, by the time I get even one class to 50, all of the endgame content will be cleared and the economy established.  This is coming from someone who played probably a total of 20-25 hours over the 3 days.  Sadly, it looks like there isn't going to be any longevity here.  If something like that is possible, the content will run out before the free month is even up, and the extreme no lifers will leave everyone else in the dust.

I went from fanboy to indecision in the blink of an eye.  It's pretty depressing.

• coffeesnob32coffeesnob32 Member Posts: 2
    I'm leagcy and I pvp. The game is ok but way overhyped
  • David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813
    15 Conj, 15 Bot, 12 Carp. Did the brunt of it on Saturday. Fun weekend.
  • cerockscerocks Member UncommonPosts: 33

ACN 20

GSM 20

CRP 10

BOT 10

WVR 10

ARM 10

FSH 10

LTH 10

CUL 10

Made a start on all classes as well but was getting into crafting so much that time went away from me :) Wanted to get as many craft quests done so I could stock up on crystals.

• yellowozyellowoz Member Posts: 16

Arcanist 20

Conjurer 20

THM 20

Miner 20

Botanist 20

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by Strayfe

20 Conjurer

20 Carpenter

16 Botanist

10 Arcanist

10 Archer

Some people over on the official forums were able to get 8-10 classes to 20 in 2-3 days, which is a major blemish on the game.  In fact, as much as I absolutely love almost everything about the game, that right there makes me question whether or not I'm going to keep my preorder or cancel it.

At that rate, by the time I get even one class to 50, all of the endgame content will be cleared and the economy established.  This is coming from someone who played probably a total of 20-25 hours over the 3 days.  Sadly, it looks like there isn't going to be any longevity here.  If something like that is possible, the content will run out before the free month is even up, and the extreme no lifers will leave everyone else in the dust.

I went from fanboy to indecision in the blink of an eye.  It's pretty depressing.

Ummm, don't concern yourself about the no lifers? why would that affect how you play the game? I only got one class to lvl 16 and I'm perfectly content with that, nor do I think that I'm gonna be made useless by people who don't have jobs or other obligations.

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252

I was:

Gladiator 17

Conjurer 10

(I want to become a Paladin)

Armorsmith 6

Weaponsmith 9.

• DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124

Arch/Cnj/Bot - 19/14/6

Arc - 15

Pug/Cnj 15/6

Had a pretty fun time, the Arc n Pug were on the Jap servers when I got 3102.

Game was certainly better than I expected, though nothing new or amazing but what they did they did well, with the exception of the reems upon reems of txt that I ended up just tabbing through.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Archer = 20

Conjurer = 20

Lancer = 19

Gladiator = 15

Thaumaturge = 8

Arcanist = 5

Fishing = 10

Leatherworking = 15

Three and half days, had nothing else planned so could no-life it, still didn't get as high as some due to not being efficient.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Strayfe

20 Conjurer

20 Carpenter

16 Botanist

10 Arcanist

10 Archer

Not sure why you would feel as if you must be something wrong?

My first reply I was less leveld, had some free time to play yesterday before it went down and made it till level 11 with my Archer, havn't done anything related to gathering or crafting. And I ost definitly don't feel I am or was doing something wrong.

Those some people who did 8 to 10 classes to 20 in 2-3 day's will probebly be the first people complaining they are bored or not enough content. If not just hope they had fun leveling those 8 to 10 classes.

I personaly never really care what some other player might achieve sooner then me. I will reach that stage eventually and all that matters is if the journey is fun FOR ME. I also like to mix with groups, havn't done so yet in FF XIV because to me it's still beta and IF I might decide to form groups I rather do so after release knowing the people that bought the game might be more dedicated to the game then everyone who entered free open beta.

Can't really Judge the community at this stage, to me only possible after release.

And I am not sure what you mean that end game content will be cleared? I am not familiar enough with the game yet but do end game quests stop when someone has done them?

The economy being established is bad because? Seems fine to me, rather see the economy be established which in most MMOrpg's often takes about half year to a full year to really settle because in the beginning people will always try and over-price willingly or just don't know the right or proper pricings yet.

Simply put: don't be depressed because other people then you might play games differently.