Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: The Dark Below Trademarked

2»

Comments

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    D3 or not, D3 is still about to take off like a rocket ship on ps3, it's like a dream come true, come on sept 3rd
  • darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    FINALLY WE GO AFTER MAL'GANIS!

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I think the issue with D3 being thought of as the possibly expansion is mostly the fact D3 was, lets face it, a massive disappointment. With the large exploit having destroyed the US economy (next time blizzard, ROLL BACK) it really hurt the game even more so then it had been before. An expansion could help address that issue and introduce a change, something that it desperate needs to try and pull an audiance to it with games like TL2 or PoE just being far better and more drawing to a large majority of the hardcore dungeon crawler players. 

Still it does make sense for WoW expansion. In a way MoP was a massive miss step in its own nature, to the point in completely alienated people like me from ever even wanting to go back to the game (no not the panda, it was the talent tree slaughter that was the biggest 'red flag of no' that crippled it with plenty of other layers on top). Really, either game could work.

... though it could be something stupid like a card spin off then again. XD
  • Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396

"Computer game software; Computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; Downloadable computer game software via a global computer network and wireless devices; Downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices"

huh..........

• UncleanOutcast13UncleanOutcast13 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    It's most likely D3
  • AzphelAzphel Member UncommonPosts: 27
    "Reaper of Souls" is likely for D3. "The Dark Below" is likely WoW.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

interesting indeed, I guess we'll find out for sure August 21st.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/14/reaper-of-souls-teased-as-first-diablo-iii-expansion

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I believe they will announce both a WoW and a D3 expansion. At the moment there are speculations that the new D3 xpac will be called Reaper of Souls. Just google it. Apparently there was an url on the us battle net website linking to something called Reaper of Souls.

The Dark Below is a place in the Warcraft 3 universe, so that name probably refers to a WoW expansion.

Edit: There you go:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/

A prophecy found in the game:

"And, at the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost
    as Justice falls upon the world of men.
    Valor shall turn to Wrath—
    and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair.
    Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all—
    as Fate lies shattered forever."

Also there is some speculations that Malthael, the former archaengel of Wisdom will be the main focus of the expansion. Notice the beginning of the above passage.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Malthael

Coincidence? 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by fivoroth

I believe they will announce both a WoW and a D3 expansion. At the moment there are speculations that the new D3 xpac will be called Reaper of Souls. Just google it. Apparently there was an url on the us battle net website linking to something called Reaper of Souls.

The Dark Below is a place in the Warcraft 3 universe, so that name probably refers to a WoW expansion.

Edit: There you go:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/

I don't think they'll mention the WoW expac at gamescon, they need a little bit of hype fueld speculation going into Blizzcon in November, a D3 expansion reveal will be enough for gamescon.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by newbinator

Why is this under D3?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Ozumat

Ozumat is a giant kraken in WoW. His title is <Fiend of the Dark Below>

QFT

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Really hoping WoW.

They need something dark and evil and chaotic to bring some of the "serious" back into Warcraft - after Goblins and Werewolves and then Pandas and super bright color palettes they need to bring some BC/WotLK type darkness/evil back into the game.

BC finished the story of Illidan, LK finished the story of Arthas, CATA finished the story of the dragons and Thrall, MoP was/is kind of out in left field, but at least is bringing/brought some of the Alliance/Horde conflict back into the game.

Now they need to finish the story of the Burning Legion.

Bring back Sargeras!

If they finish off Sargeras then the story is over.

Because it's clearly been established that the Old Gods cannot be killed (ie permanently not living) because Life on Azeroth would be over.

A retcon of this particular piece of lore would just feel ham-fisted.....much like MoP and Wrath (seriously, we should have played as the First Gen Death Knights; returning to seek revenge upon the Lich King).

Pretty much, Blizzard is scrambling to try and 'patch' the Popularity Bubble that has burst; no other game in history has ever had 13 million players [at once, but I'm sure Blizzard fudges that to include trials and account active with in the last year].

And with each attempt they destroy the lore that built this IP, from way back in Orcs and Humans.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Celcius
    Diablo 2 expansion clearly ;P 

I'm afraid yes. :-) But still hoping for wow. :-)

• SmokeysongSmokeysong Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Wouldn't surprise me if it were a WoW Xpack and Blizzard decided to try and release one sooner than their usual 2-year-ish cycle in order to try to stem the player base leakage. I expect it will be a D3 pack though.

Have played: Everquest, Asheron's Call, Horizons, Everquest2, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall

• DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Warcraft 4 for sure.

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

• AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370

According the the Black Prince in MOP the Burning Legion is making a Grand assault on Azeroth.. now that doesnt sound like something that would be dealt with from Below so im leaning more towords Diablo 3 Expac.

Now in all honesty Id love to see an announcement to WoW only because MoP is already boring and the 5.4 patch is on the horizon. after that theres not much left to do for MoP. 

now as far as 1-90 BS.. Blizzard games have at most 99 levels. now obviously they can set the level bar as high as they want and make a monstrously bad ass expansion to end the WoW Lore with Azeroth fighting for its last breath against the insanely powerful Burning Legion. In this case they could create a huge Expac that raises the level cap to 99+ and gives players a massive story line with insane new game mechanics, However I dont see this happening because Activision is still pulling the coin purse and Blizz will once again screw the pooch on this one.

Sorry guys looks like its gonna be a D3 epic fail xpac. no surprise as D3 itself blew chunks.

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by nilden
    Great a Diablo trading card game!

Haha!  This would probably end up happening.