Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want my OPEN WORLD PVP

SidQFTSidQFT Member UncommonPosts: 96

The game is good and getting better every patch.  Lots of fun things to do for all you pve'ers (i like pve also btw).  I'm not talking about arena pvp, i hate arena style instanced pvp.  I'm talking about everything they promised when i bought the founders pack alittle over a year ago.  Open world basing building/pvp/siege's/convoy's/etc etc.....  Since they took the timeline down and have been focusing on other content im getting nervous that things have changed in their plans.  I hope it doesnt turn out to be some instanced garbage "WvWvW" like GW2.  Just getting tired of roaming from game to game that have some good features and missed promise's on others.  I've played them all, GW2, DarkFall 1 and 2, Eve (not into space), PS2, etc etc.... 

only reason im saying this is because FireFall is right there, it could be EPIC!  its so close i can taste it!

Comments

• SidQFTSidQFT Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk
    Originally posted by SidQFT

I'm not talking about arena pvp, i hate arena style instanced pvp. 

[mod edit]

I see the sarcasm, but im going to agree with you :)  I actually like the thrill of farming and at any moment coming under attack.  Thats fun for me (and a lot of other people also).  Being out gunned/out manned and surviving is wicked fun!  I dont like being confined and restricted, its not fun just down right boring...imo.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

[mod edit]

I see the sarcasm, but im going to agree with you :)  I actually like the thrill of farming and at any moment coming under attack.  Thats fun for me (and a lot of other people also).  Being out gunned/out manned and surviving is wicked fun!  I dont like being confined and restricted, its not fun just down right boring...imo.

Yeah, I don't mind open world PvP, but I'm also not a huge fan of being camped just because someone had a tough day and decides to be an ahole. The problem I see with wedging open world PvP into the game, as it stands right now, is that everyone is in the same zone, and everyone has a common goal (bigger fish to fry) with the Chosen and such. 

You know, I'd like to see some smart design here, for sure. You can't just force something in there that doesn't fit the story. How is that done? Who knows? Should there be factions? Right now the gameplay is heavily squad-oriented, so how do you turn that into something where you're not going to be paranoid about every person running over you? "Hey! I'll give you a hand thumping!" *BLAST* Oh, and that blast could go either way, lol. Just don't want to see anything forced. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Yeah, I know what you mean, I hate having to PvP against people who are my equals and expecting it, too :) 

Yeah, I don't mind open world PvP, but I'm also not a huge fan of being camped just because someone had a tough day and decides to be an ahole. The problem I see with wedging open world PvP into the game, as it stands right now, is that everyone is in the same zone, and everyone has a common goal (bigger fish to fry) with the Chosen and such. 

You know, I'd like to see some smart design here, for sure. You can't just force something in there that doesn't fit the story. How is that done? Who knows? Should there be factions? Right now the gameplay is heavily squad-oriented, so how do you turn that into something where you're not going to be paranoid about every person running over you? "Hey! I'll give you a hand thumping!" *BLAST* Oh, and that blast could go either way, lol. Just don't want to see anything forced. 

true true, some good points you make there....  hhmmm i would assume their will be factions or some type of alliance system?  I wish they would just come out and say what direction their going with this. 

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Yeah, I know what you mean, I hate having to PvP against people who are my equals and expecting it, too :) 

true true, some good points you make there....  hhmmm i would assume their will be factions or some type of alliance system?  I wish they would just come out and say what direction their going with this. 

Well they have Armies, right? I'd love to see something similar to the "Corporation" setup that EVE implements. Might be cool. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Well they have Armies, right? I'd love to see something similar to the "Corporation" setup that EVE implements. Might be cool. 

sounds good to me!

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

Have you tried PlanetSide 2?  If Red5 realize they are losing people to PS2 because of the lack of OW-PvP, and IMO lack of 3 factions.  They may added it.  As for the factions they could think:

Lawful Good : Government forces

Neutral Good : Underworld forces

Chaotic Good : Corporation forces

It's what I am doing.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

Originally posted by Konfess

Have you tried PlanetSide 2?  If Red5 realize they are losing people to PS2 because of the lack of OW-PvP, and IMO lack of 3 factions.  They may added it.  As for the factions they could think:

Lawful Good : Government forces

Neutral Good : Underworld forces

Chaotic Good : Corporation forces

It's what I am doing.

did you read the OP? -in regards to the PS2 question-

• girdisordergirdisorder Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Soooo you wouldn't mind getting sniped across  the map while your thumper is getting attacked by tons of bugs? This is the worst idea I've heard in a long time. I think if you want "basing building/pvp/siege's/convoy's" you want a different game, because it has taken them years to make the little changes they have and there still isn't any quests in the game.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Just like EvE  folks are not gonna  keep playing and paying to get ganked  by Asshats  they will leave the game and the Devs who made it will lose money and say what you will EvE is gonna have the same fate sonner or later.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Just like EvE  folks are not gonna  keep playing and paying to get ganked  by Asshats  they will leave the game and the Devs who made it will lose money and say what you will EvE is gonna have the same fate sonner or later.

LOL i only hope FireFall has the same success Eve has to this day!  lol  might want to rethink your post.

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by girdisorder
    Soooo you wouldn't mind getting sniped across  the map while your thumper is getting attacked by tons of bugs? This is the worst idea I've heard in a long time. I think if you want "basing building/pvp/siege's/convoy's" you want a different game, because it has taken them years to make the little changes they have and there still isn't any quests in the game.

Well I wouldn't be so dumb as to thump in an Open Area to be sniped.  Also depending on how much more resources/xp you get for Thumping in an Open World PvP zone, no I wouldn't it would be part of the game.

As of right now the game is pretty enjoyable but there isn't much to do in it.  Once you have done a bunch of thumping, invasions, ARES, Tornado's it all is the same thing over and over and your items do nothing for you except allow you to do more of the same.

This type of game with out any sort of Open World PvP gets boring, because all your really doing is grinding for better gear to do more of the same but easier.  

• sbfbeefsbfbeef Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 58
    I will agree that open world PvP would do this game good. I don't believe FFA is the way to go though. My vote would go with army vs army (guild vs guild). With the option to be flagged 24/7. The game currently isn't built around a FFA PvP style game.
  • WorfWorf Member Posts: 264

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Not all of us gamers like OPEN PVP.

This 56 year old gamer plays for fun... NOT to get (pardon this expression) PK-RAPED for over and over and over for NO damnable good reason.

OPEN PVP kills games for me.

The arena is the perfect place for "Player versus Player" and "Team versus Team" Play.

I like the model where BOTH players have to agree to duel / PVP each other OR even better only in Arenas!

As for me, If you want to kill the game for me... then by all means open fracking PVP. That is the quickest way for me to delete ANY online game no matter how great it is!

>:(

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

Originally posted by Worf
    Sorry to burst your bubble.Not all of us gamers like OPEN PVP.This 56 year old gamer plays for fun... NOT to get (pardon this expression) PK-RAPED for over and over and over for NO damnable good reason.OPEN PVP kills games for me.The arena is the perfect place for "Player versus Player" and "Team versus Team" Play.I like the model where BOTH players have to agree to duel / PVP each other OR even better only in Arenas!As for me, If you want to kill the game for me... then by all means open fracking PVP. That is the quickest way for me to delete ANY online game no matter how great it is!>:( 

Good thing there are tons of games available for those that don't like open world PVP.

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

The game is good and getting better every patch.  Lots of fun things to do for all you pve'ers (i like pve also btw).  I'm not talking about arena pvp, i hate arena style instanced pvp.  I'm talking about everything they promised when i bought the founders pack alittle over a year ago.  Open world basing building/pvp/siege's/convoy's/etc etc.....  Since they took the timeline down and have been focusing on other content im getting nervous that things have changed in their plans.  I hope it doesnt turn out to be some instanced garbage "WvWvW" like GW2.  Just getting tired of roaming from game to game that have some good features and missed promise's on others.  I've played them all, GW2, DarkFall 1 and 2, Eve (not into space), PS2, etc etc.... 

only reason im saying this is because FireFall is right there, it could be EPIC!  its so close i can taste it!

I never knew there where plans for Open World PVP.

For now I would say no to it, mainly because the game world is to small, I love thumping and the challenge it brings, but to add PVP to the mix would simply be too much, again main reason the map is too small. A small guild on this map could have too much power.

• TyserieTyserie Member UncommonPosts: 155

This 56 year old gamer plays for fun... NOT to get (pardon this expression) PK-RAPED for over and over and over for NO damnable good reason.

The arena is the perfect place for "Player versus Player" and "Team versus Team" Play.

I like the model where BOTH players have to agree to duel / PVP each other OR even better only in Arenas!

As for me, If you want to kill the game for me... then by all means open fracking PVP. That is the quickest way for me to delete ANY online game no matter how great it is!

Man, don't try to explain. The pvp holes will never understand that not all people enjoy to kill each other and they are playing to relax and shake out stress from real life. They don't  want fight in arenas, they want rape you and steal all your shits. That's all they are living for. They want make videos "I am the man", like they are preventing to normal people enjoy the game they like. I am sure, the pve crowd is bigger than pvp, but the pvp dudes are just so loud (aggressive) it looks like they are in higher numbers. I also think, that despite of bugs, games like MO could have more player if they wouldn't allow so huge freedom to pvp rapists. So from my point of view, if any game want lose pve crowd, by my quest and do a open pvp. Let the gang fest begin assholes!

• Jadedangel1Jadedangel1 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Originally posted by Tyserie

Man, don't try to explain. The pvp holes will never understand that not all people enjoy to kill each other and they are playing to relax and shake out stress from real life. They don't  want fight in arenas, they want rape you and steal all your shits. That's all they are living for. They want make videos "I am the man", like they are preventing to normal people enjoy the game they like. I am sure, the pve crowd is bigger than pvp, but the pvp dudes are just so loud (aggressive) it looks like they are in higher numbers. I also think, that despite of bugs, games like MO could have more player if they wouldn't allow so huge freedom to pvp rapists. So from my point of view, if any game want lose pve crowd, by my quest and do a open pvp. Let the gang fest begin assholes!

It's not that the Pvpers are not understanding, what the OP is saying is that open world PvP was "promised" as a feature that would be implemented and used as a drawing point for the game by the devs that has yet to materialized though devs keep saying "soon". I'm no Pvper myself, but saying one thing and then giving your players the complete opposite is something strikes me as being a tad underhanded. The OP is not being unreasonable for having is expectations.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

It's a pve game, they're not just going to dump ffa pvp into the world. Whatever happens PvP wont be forced on anyone in this game.

It might come in as army vrs army or have shards that you choose to go to that are pvp but your avg pve'er is never going to be faced with gank squads or forced pvp.

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

I've been playing this more and more and I'm dying for some PvP in the world as well. That said, I didn't know it was promised, and that makes it more awesome, but at this point, I can only see opening a second world server and enabling PvP on it... Too bad that won't happen. Ugh. PvE game worlds and PvP arenas are a dime a dozen, take a chance, make something different.

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    The only way I see open world PvP happening in this game is a PvP server. PvE players (like myself) don't want to be grieved all the time by people who take a perverse joy in doing these things. I have played open region PvP games before and it just leads to abuse unless controls are put in place.
  • skullblade47skullblade47 Member UncommonPosts: 9

There are plenty of games without open world PvP because open world PvP disqualifies the game for many players. A better model would be to take an example from EVE and create a PvP zone with some special rewards. That would be better than opening the whole game to PvP and making it unplayable for half the current pop.

• Ghost12Ghost12 Member Posts: 684

SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE.

Not all of us gamers like PVE ONLY!

Some of us like the thrill of getting ganked. Some of us like the complexity and uncertainty of going out into a world where everyone is vulnerable to some extent. It adds more excitement to the game and prevents the game from becoming one big grindhouse. 

CLOSED PVP kills games for me. 

And guess what?

There are TONS AND TONS of games which offer your playstyle. 

So please stop with this nonsense. Not everyone wants to run around in a happy-go-lucky fairy land where everyone works together, or where you only have instanced boring guildfights. Virtual worlds are only truly worlds if they offer consequences for peoples' actions; restricting them just dumbs down the game. 

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

If this game had a pvp server with owpvp...i'd play.  However, I learned with Tera, no matter how fun a game is when owpvp is the afterthought, it will suck.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Of course some PvP haters felt the need to grace the thread with their presence. Same story every time the subject comes up.

Funny how the mere suggestion of PvP being included in an open world game makes people weep with anger and bring up the tired old "you just want to grief us innocent PvE folk, you bastard!" as if there's some wicked agenda behind the fact that some people enjoy open world PvP.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    PVE-peeps... Listen to Jack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPMmC0UAnj0 Why can't PVE peeps and PVPers, just, get along...? There is room in Firefall for both. I won't return til they have open world PVP.