Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Most Popular Sandbox MMO

FrolicksFrolicks Member CommonPosts: 2

I've tried searching for this, but couldn't find the answer.

I need your opinion. What do you think is the most populated Sandbox MMO right now? Keep it F2P please.

Comments

• cognx12cognx12 Member Posts: 4

Hello! 

Im a hard core SB mmo player, I have uploaded a list of my personal favorites here. I hope this helps!

• Darkor_hXcDarkor_hXc Member UncommonPosts: 209
    EVE Online for sure.

Originally posted by Darkor_hXc
    EVE Online for sure.

This is a great game too! I would play it but I dont have enough time.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Originally posted by Frolicks What do you think is the most populated Sandbox MMO right now? Keep it F2P please.

Doesn't exist. You can either have a P2P sandbox, or a F2P pile of garbage. Sooner or later you have to choose I'm afraid.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

err f2p sandbox games?

Are there any? I guess mortal online is f2p to a point so there we go thats the best as thats the only one thats f2p :)

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Caldrin

err f2p sandbox games?

Are there any? I guess mortal online is f2p to a point so there we go thats the best as thats the only one thats f2p :)

There is Wurm Online as well that has a free to play option.

For me personally, I prefer Mortal Online as Wurm is a little light on combat.  Wurm has a more in depth crafting system from what I can tell but as compared to most MMOs Mortal is still a lot more in depth than the average by a great deal.

The most populated between these two?  I have no idea.  They are both underpopulated and under-appreciated.

Perhaps there is another with a free to play option we are still missing as well.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Salem is FTP and kinda fun

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

ah good point i forgot about Wurm.. also Xsyon has a f2p option but its very limited.

MO is still the best out of them i guess.

Your best bet is probably to wait a couple years. Most promising looking sandbox games have yet to come out.
  • irnbru69irnbru69 Member UncommonPosts: 124

You could try Star wars galaxies EMU, you do need the disks but theres safe torrents on the net. The game shut down but the devs of swg emu have been working for years on this project and they recently released a huge update.  Juts google swg emu

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

"Popular Sandbox MMO"

There's 3 words that really don't go together.  (almost an oxymoron)

Toss in F2P and you've moved into the Twilight Zone  image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Kazuhiro
    Originally posted by Frolicks What do you think is the most populated Sandbox MMO right now? Keep it F2P please.

Doesn't exist. You can either have a P2P sandbox, or a F2P pile of garbage. Sooner or later you have to choose I'm afraid.

Well you can technically earn Eve game time with in game money so you can fund your own playing by playing.

Originally posted by apocoluster

Salem is FTP and kinda fun

This. Salem is an incredibly unique and well thought out game.

Originally posted by Kyleran

"Popular Sandbox MMO"

There's 3 words that really don't go together.  (almost an oxymoron)

Toss in F2P and you've moved into the Twilight Zone  image

The second most popular and success MMO of all time is a sandbox MMO... In fact, sandboxes are some of the only MMOs that have enjoyed success since the themepark apocalypse.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

EVE online is F2p if you feel like grinding ISK for PLEX which are clickies that give you 30 days playtime.

(from this idea has come EQ krono, TERA chronoscrolls and whatever the heck wildstar is gonna call theirs)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins