Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Lf a great PVE game, with great end game content

CreatorzimCreatorzim Perris, CAPosts: 273Member

I have played countless MMOs and im looking for something that is just fun to play and that can keep my attention more than getting to lvl cap and being boring afterwards.

I have played a bunch of the big contenders, LOTRO, Guild Wars 2, Rift, Neverwinter, Final Fantasy, DndO, Lineage 2, Age of Conan, World of Warcraft, SWTOR, and tons of others.

I continue to get bored at either the end content instantly or cant even stand trying to get to the end content to care enough and always come back to World of Warcraft just for the fact that it has some great challenging end game content that is easy to pick up and easy to find people to play with.

I have always been in top high end guilds that kicked butt and cleared content before the majority of others did. The only game I have played from the start was SWTOR and was a complete disappointment to how bugged their end content raiding was and how it lacked the majority of decent functions that needs to be added to end content. I started play WoW in Vanilla but didnt start getting hooked until BC. The other games i picked up leveled to max for the most part and either couldnt find enough people to play with, end game was boring, or the game wasnt even fun enough to make it to cap.

So here is what im looking for in my game. Willing to hear all advice.

1. Good story line to get me to lvl cap that is fun to play.

2. Amazing end content

3. A large enough following that grouping up isnt a pain in the Ass.

4. Fun things to do when you are not Raiding; crafting, grinding, games.

5. A game that is known enough to have guides for help whenever needed.

 

image

Comments

  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Posts: 758Member Uncommon
    Check out FFXIV:ARR everything you're looking for seems to be in this game.
  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Perris, CAPosts: 273Member
    I just checked it out and was a little excited when i started reading about it but i looked at most of the reviews and they were all sub 5/10. 

    image

  • Blackstar347Blackstar347 Moorpark, CAPosts: 25Member
    Originally posted by Creatorzim
    I just checked it out and was a little excited when i started reading about it but i looked at most of the reviews and they were all sub 5/10. 

    That was before the game relaunched. The game that is releasing at the end of this month is a completely different game from the one that most of the reviews are judging.

  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Perris, CAPosts: 273Member
    Ya I know its relaunching, the reviews i looked at where from the past few weeks.

    image

  • Blackstar347Blackstar347 Moorpark, CAPosts: 25Member

    Where are you looking at then? All the reviews are judging the game based on the early parts of the game. You seem focused on endgame content and no one has even experienced any of it to judge it. Not to mention anyone judging a game based on a beta are a little shortsighted. 

     

    Personally I don't know if the relaunch will be that good of an mmo either but it might be worth a shot for something new that might provide your endgame and other wants. The open beta registration for this weekend will open soon at http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/index_na.html where you can play from Saturday Morning at 2 am PST to Monday if you want to try it out for free.

  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Beaumont, CAPosts: 1,516Member Uncommon

    honestly at this point your 2 best options for endgame are RIFT (best raids, outdoor boss fights, open world hunts) and maybe Age of Conan if you wanted to subscribe and get into it hardcore.

    No other games I have really found have an endgame thats very good (besides WOW if you still like it)

    I found FF14, rather boring and dull myself, that game seems to be completely hit or miss, there are very who people who say yah its ok, its either love it or hate it, I think its a miss.  If you like stories though I guess FF14 can be a good choice, I think its open beta starting today, so you can check it out.

    Otherwise, wait for Archeage, EQN, ESO.

  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Perris, CAPosts: 273Member

    Ya, maybe you are right. I couldnt find the reviews i was looking at earlier, maybe i was looking at the first one. I bought the first one do you know if that counts for anything for this one? 

     

    For rift I couldnt find anyone to play with it seemed. I was probably on a small server which affected it but I hit 50 and it just seemed like i didnt find anyone anymore. Age of Conan i couldnt even level up, wasnt fun for me.

    image

  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Beaumont, CAPosts: 1,516Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Creatorzim

    Ya, maybe you are right. I couldnt find the reviews i was looking at earlier, maybe i was looking at the first one. I bought the first one do you know if that counts for anything for this one? 

     

    For rift I couldnt find anyone to play with it seemed. I was probably on a small server which affected it but I hit 50 and it just seemed like i didnt find anyone anymore. Age of Conan i couldnt even level up, wasnt fun for me.

    Rift's endgame is level 60, and there are TONS of people playing endgame in RIFT, constantly.  I logged on after last post, in 5 minutes I was in on a zone event, followed by 4 Great Hunts

     

  • ArthasmArthasm LoznicaPosts: 754Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Creatorzim

    Ya, maybe you are right. I couldnt find the reviews i was looking at earlier, maybe i was looking at the first one. I bought the first one do you know if that counts for anything for this one? 

    No need to buy new, if you own previous v 1.0. And you'll get 14 days free after launch. If you were subbed for at least 3 months during 1.0, you get 3 days headstart.

  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Perris, CAPosts: 273Member
    Its had an expansion now. It was 50. I played in the beginning when it first launched.

    image

  • koboldfodderkoboldfodder Danbury, DEPosts: 390Member Uncommon

    Everquest 2

     

    Massive amount of content at all levels.  Only original Everquest has more content.  Lots of races and classes and there are many zones at all levels.  There is also a mentoring system where you can scale down your level to go back to previous zones you missed.  Every zone has it's own story line.  Thousands of quests.  Solo or group or raid.  Alternate advancement levels as well, so people will be doing lots of older zones just for the AA Exp.

     

    Lots of raids and group content at end game.  Just pick one of the more popular servers.  It's a traditional themepark, barter type game with a dungeon finder so getting groups is easy.

     

    Rift is good to.  It does basically the same thing PVE wise as EQ 2 but on a much smaller scale.  Rift has PVP, EQ2 has PVP servers but no one plays on them.  Rift has rifts, EQ 2 has a few public quests but nothing like Rift's rifts.  Rift has a much more open class system, but comes nowhere close to EQ 2's grouping mechanics.

  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Perris, CAPosts: 273Member
    With everquest 2. Now that i never really played, I know for awhile it was really weird that if you were F2P you didnt get as much and you had different servers, it was something along those lines if i remember correctly. How is it now? I dont mind trying it out but i dont want to like it and figure out that I need to be on a different server to actually play with people just because I went F2P.

    image

  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Beaumont, CAPosts: 1,516Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Creatorzim
    With everquest 2. Now that i never really played, I know for awhile it was really weird that if you were F2P you didnt get as much and you had different servers, it was something along those lines if i remember correctly. How is it now? I dont mind trying it out but i dont want to like it and figure out that I need to be on a different server to actually play with people just because I went F2P.

    its still really restricted, if you want to wear (the equivalent of WOW purples) you have to subscribe.  If you wanna send mail, do auctions, you have to subscribe, if you want the highest tiers of books (think ranks of skills, adept, novice, master) you have to sub.  Their limited f2p is still garbage compared to RIFT

    at least they took out race and class restrictions finally.  But I played it not that long ago, rolled a new char, and didnt see anyone the first 2 zones.

    re-roll on RIFT and you will constantly find players in each zone leveling up, or if not you can do instant advantures and group up with lots of people continually.

    If you need help in RIFT, I am on Deepwood server, defiant side, named "Skan"

    best of luck with your search

  • DerrosDerros Posts: 1,076Member Uncommon

    If you are looking for traditional end game content, you have 2 options really, WoW and Rift. 

     

    Well another option is Secret world, but the end game isnt really that extensive beyond farming nightmare difficulty verions of dungeons you've done before and a few raids, its b2p, and you can usually get it cheap, its well worth the price to play through the story and side missions. 

  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Perris, CAPosts: 273Member
    Ya I did enjoy Rift when i started but I think by the time i got to it, about 2 months in, everyone dropped off and was on a shitty server. I know they deleted half the servers shortly after that. Ill defentially check that and Everquest. So did they have different servers on Everquest still for sub and F2P?

    image

  • emi56emi56 Denver, COPosts: 23Member Uncommon
    I would recommend The Secret World. Great story, ability to multiclass. Your endgame is your dungeons that you have to run on different difficulty modes. Each epic piece of gear you get can be upgraded 6 times or so and on top of that glyphs that define primary stat in your gear can be upgraded 6 times or so as well. Main thing about this game is the setting and the story. No point in rushing just take your time and enjoy all of it. 
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Beaumont, CAPosts: 1,516Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Creatorzim
    Ya I did enjoy Rift when i started but I think by the time i got to it, about 2 months in, everyone dropped off and was on a shitty server. I know they deleted half the servers shortly after that. Ill defentially check that and Everquest. So did they have different servers on Everquest still for sub and F2P?

    I dont think there are server restrictions now

  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Privacy Preferred, NCPosts: 1,059Member
    Originally posted by Creatorzim

    I have played countless MMOs and im looking for something that is just fun to play and that can keep my attention more than getting to lvl cap and being boring afterwards.

    I have played a bunch of the big contenders, LOTRO, Guild Wars 2, Rift, Neverwinter, Final Fantasy, DndO, Lineage 2, Age of Conan, World of Warcraft, SWTOR, and tons of others.

    I continue to get bored at either the end content instantly or cant even stand trying to get to the end content to care enough and always come back to World of Warcraft just for the fact that it has some great challenging end game content that is easy to pick up and easy to find people to play with.

    I have always been in top high end guilds that kicked butt and cleared content before the majority of others did. The only game I have played from the start was SWTOR and was a complete disappointment to how bugged their end content raiding was and how it lacked the majority of decent functions that needs to be added to end content. I started play WoW in Vanilla but didnt start getting hooked until BC. The other games i picked up leveled to max for the most part and either couldnt find enough people to play with, end game was boring, or the game wasnt even fun enough to make it to cap.

    So here is what im looking for in my game. Willing to hear all advice.

    1. Good story line to get me to lvl cap that is fun to play.

    2. Amazing end content

    3. A large enough following that grouping up isnt a pain in the Ass.

    4. Fun things to do when you are not Raiding; crafting, grinding, games.

    5. A game that is known enough to have guides for help whenever needed.

     

     

    I am going to suggest that you take a look at Lord of the Rings Online.

  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Perris, CAPosts: 273Member
    Thats what LOTRO is. I played it, im sitting at whatever max is right now until the next expansion in a few months but the end game content is boring to me. I bet if I got on a decent server I would enjoy it more. 

    image

  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Privacy Preferred, NCPosts: 1,059Member

    I am sorry. I skimmed right to your desired qualities and suggested LOTRO as a result. And that’s the thing man. You have requested good story and good end game content in a genre where there really is none of either to be had. Typically end game is a lot of grind for precious to keep you occupied while they work up an expansion. Story... Well there is LOTRO and SWTOR that go against the grain and try to feature it where most companies use it as an excuse to loot. In this modern age of play most MMORPGs are devoured in 3 months by the average player and they run on to the next big thing on the market. Nothing is built to last, not even EVE at this point.

     

    That written, I am going to recommend you keep an eye on BLESS as it has many of the qualities you want. If you are looking for something to try in the mean time with little up front investment, RIFT is out there.

  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Perris, CAPosts: 273Member

    Ya i played rift before a few months after release and it died very quickly. It looks like it got a lot more of a following after the F2P so im going to be checking it out again.  Need to figure out where to go in the game after 50 since its been a few years since I played lol.

     

    That Bless game looks stunning. I left my email to get update. Is that coming to America?

    image

  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Privacy Preferred, NCPosts: 1,059Member

    Last indication was that yes, BLESS will hit the US market. A team of 150 Korean developers is working it through the paces and intend it to be their break into the western market along with another game called EIN. IDK what their translation and localization team is like. Neowiz is a major game provider with their own portals et all overseas. Whatever else might eventually be written of the title, I have to acknowledge that the graphics and animation are beyond most any other MMORPG released in the western market. They are using an amped unreal 3 and you can see what it looks like in combat action HERE.

  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Perris, CAPosts: 273Member
    Ya that looks like the same one on their website right now. Thats what i mean, US usually doesnt take all the stunning looking games for some reason. I seen tons of games that just look amazing and sounds fun as hell but never end up here or take way to long.

    image

  • DirkinDirkin Manassas, VAPosts: 78Member

    You should take a look at vanguard as well. A lot of people knock it, but it's really a game you should check out for yourself to make a call. And it's definitely not a game you're just going to rush through.

    The pop is on the lower side, but you seem like a go-getter type, so grouping won't be that hard unless your play times are really off. Amazing PvE content though, and some really great raids and end game stuff, plus a brand new raid dungeon coming out around September.

Sign In or Register to comment.