Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login issues tonight. Says I'm already logged in. (3102 Thread!)

123457»

Comments

• ReesRacerReesRacer Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by Drithe
    Originally posted by mysticalspam
    Originally posted by 9reesracer9
    Originally posted by Drithe
    I left a nasty little letter for SquareEnix. Heh. But I am seriously considering canceling my order now. I am very disappointed in SE. IF they cant fix this little problem within hours, just how bad is it going to be during the real game? I am not paying 13 bucks a month to find out and I am getting a seriously bad vibe about this game now.

this is exactly the type of thing that a large open beta test is meant to sort out.

go right on ahead and cancel your order if you feel it is necessary. i try to keep in mind that no large-scale MMO launch has ever gone completely smoothly (and this isn't even a launch yet), and it costs no money to anyone to try and participate in this test. 

SE has the week before head-starts to squash these bugs, so don't be surprised to see this test extended a day or two to make sure things will go better when everything is "official".

what if they don't fix it and it launches as is.... i guess for you  wasting 30 bucks on something you can't play is ok? if the game launches and a month goes by everything is good nothing stopping the people that canceled  from buying it again... hell i canceled but if the game is running smooth i probably will give it another shot in a month or 2.

the game doesn't suck but companies like to launch unfinished products..  this bug is too big to be in the game this late.

Agreed! This scares me so.

"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain."

Bene Gesserit - Litany Against Fear

let's be realistic...SE will not launch the game with this bug. they've already fixed the JP servers and will work diligently to repair the others. let's try not to digress into hyperbolic panic. :)

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251

18 hours locked out now. I'm gonna go play a bunch of old Sonic the Hedgehog games and pretend I'm playing as my FFXIV character, lost in the 'special zone' between dimensions, but gathering rings and chaos emeralds for my glorious return...

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by Drithe Originally posted by mysticalspam Originally posted by 9reesracer9 Originally posted by Drithe I left a nasty little letter for SquareEnix. Heh. But I am seriously considering canceling my order now. I am very disappointed in SE. IF they cant fix this little problem within hours, just how bad is it going to be during the real game? I am not paying 13 bucks a month to find out and I am getting a seriously bad vibe about this game now.
    this is exactly the type of thing that a large open beta test is meant to sort out. go right on ahead and cancel your order if you feel it is necessary. i try to keep in mind that no large-scale MMO launch has ever gone completely smoothly (and this isn't even a launch yet), and it costs no money to anyone to try and participate in this test.  SE has the week before head-starts to squash these bugs, so don't be surprised to see this test extended a day or two to make sure things will go better when everything is "official".
    what if they don't fix it and it launches as is.... i guess for you  wasting 30 bucks on something you can't play is ok? if the game launches and a month goes by everything is good nothing stopping the people that canceled  from buying it again... hell i canceled but if the game is running smooth i probably will give it another shot in a month or 2. the game doesn't suck but companies like to launch unfinished products..  this bug is too big to be in the game this late.
    Agreed! This scares me so.  
    "I must not fear.Fear is the mind-killer.Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over me and through me.And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.Only I will remain."

Bene Gesserit - Litany Against Fear

let's be realistic...SE will not launch the game with this bug. they've already fixed the JP servers and will work diligently to repair the others. let's try not to digress into hyperbolic panic. :)

I love Dune but I am not a firm believer in the Orange Catholic Bible. I am more of a bard like Gurney Hellick. "Damn those Harkonnens"

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389

Over 18 thousand posts of toon name and world you're locked out of.  Wow.

For the record... RIFT had a pretty excellent launch.  That was the best one I've been in.  Diablo 3 or Aion being the worst.

No bitchers.

looks like progress is being made server by server on some of the issues anyway...so there's that!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/100415-The-beta-test-server-status-for-Aug.-16/page18

looks like progress is being made server by server on some of the issues anyway...so there's that!http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/100415-The-beta-test-server-status-for-Aug.-16/page18

Still error 3102/nothing fixed

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Raserei
    Make sure to twitter and sign the petition on the beta forums to extend open beta to early access!

I don't think they have a choice to not extend, let's be real. They more than 17,000+ people raging and they're just now fixing it with only a few hours left. They close it back up now and the aftermath will stay with them for a while.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Whatever they've fixed certainly hasn't helped me.   Still locked out with 3102 same as I have been for over 24 hours.
  • mysticalspammysticalspam Member Posts: 64

the word on the beta forums this bug has been around for like 3 years, since 1.0.... if they never fixed it then what makes you think they can fix it now?

they go down the list resetting toons but it wont stop people form getting 3102 again..

anyhoot my toon still 3102 been that way since friday night.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

From Twitter:

While recovery is not fully complete, we have been able to address a large number of characters that were affected by error 3102

If you have submitted your World/Character Name on the Error 3102 thread we created, please check to see if you can log in.

If you're still unable to log in, we ask that you please wait and try again later as we work to address the issue for remaining characters.

I'm still not able to login, but now there is some hope.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

the word on the beta forums this bug has been around for like 3 years, since 1.0.... if they never fixed it then what makes you think they can fix it now?

they go down the list resetting toons but it wont stop people form getting 3102 again..

What's been around for years is error 3102, not this bug.

People with their char still in the game get 3102, as intended.  (as you do in most other MMOs where it says to wait a few minutes)  It staying in that state forever is new though.

Originally posted by Justsomenoob

What's been around for years is error 3102, not this bug.

People with their char still in the game get 3102, as intended.  (as you do in most other MMOs where it says to wait a few minutes)  It staying in that state forever is new though.

Tell that to some of the people on the beta forum - several 1.0 people have been saying this same thing happened back around 1.0. No one would bother saying it had happened back then if they only meant the standard 'please wait a few minutes' screen, which disappears after a few minutes - they meant this whole situation has happened before.

• XarishXarish Member Posts: 9

A bug that had similar results occurred during 1.0 . We cant confirm/deny its very same lines of code causing similar symptoms so don't call it the same bug. In 1.0 a handful of players were locked out for as many as three days before customer support manually assisted them. You are NOT being trolled when people that don't understand coding say "its the same bug as 1.0" they just see the same effect and assume its the same bug.

I got back in!

...and then they announced an immediate 3 hour maintenance...

...beta ends shortly after that, if they don't run long with maintenance...

*sigh*

LOL I finally got in and a minute later I got dissconnected cuz of server maitenence. I was 1979 in line but I am glad I got to see my character again. Servers are doing maitenence from 12:30am eastern US till 3:30am eastern US. So we only get 1 and a half hours of gameplay time.

To address the Error 3102 issue, we are performing emergency maintenance on Worlds hosted on the NA/EU datacenter. Maintenance is scheduled to last until Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:30 a.m. (PDT)/7:30 a.m. (GMT)

via Twitter
    To address the Error 3102 issue, we are performing emergency maintenance on Worlds hosted on the NA/EU datacenter. Maintenance is scheduled to last until Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:30 a.m. (PDT)/7:30 a.m. (GMT)

via Twitter

How nice of them to do it at the end of beta when people were having this issue on Friday, and it ballooned yesterday...oh well - at least the rest of you will hopefully (if the maintenance doesn't run long) get a chance to play for a little bit. Hopefully this is the last we see of this bug ever.

This discussion has been closed.