Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why play Defiance when you can play Firefall!?!

ikkenoikkeno Member UncommonPosts: 67

I had high hopes for Defiance.. so i payed full price for preorder. You know i was dissapointed because that was everyone (honest people) else aswell!

Then the other day i downloaded Firefall for free. Played for a full day straight and its EVERYTHING Defiance is, but better! first OR 3d person fps. Pvp matches with much better action and pace than Defiance (Ballgame, team deathmatch ++), it has crafting, Pve, instances, big bosses, events randomly popping all over the map (wich is pretty much as big as defiance and growing all the time).. And for me very important. 1 character can be all classes and with HUGE custimisation options.

Again.. what does Defiance have thats so special? A tv series? lol

PS: All grammar and spelling trolls.. I just cant be arsed to turn on spell-check.

- Nothing lasts.. but nothing is lost. -

Comments

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Had high hopes for firefall, paid pre-order, now you downloaded it for free? :D

Maybe you should go through your post letter by letter?

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • ikkenoikkeno Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Thank you sir :)

• ikkenoikkeno Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by ikkeno

I had high hopes for firefall.. so i payed full price for preorder. You know i was dissapointed because that was everyone (honest people) else aswell!

Then the other day i downloaded Firefall for free. Played for a full day straight and its EVERYTHING Defiance is, but better! first OR 3d person fps. Pvp matches with much better action and pace than Defiance (Ballgame, team deathmatch ++), it has crafting, Pve, instances, big bosses, events randomly popping all over the map (wich is pretty much as big as defiance and growing all the time).. And for me very important. 1 character can be all classes and with HUGE custimisation options.

PS: All grammar and spelling trolls.. I just cant be arsed to turn on spell-check.

Defiance is also on PS3 and Xbox 360, firefall is pc only. The majority of Defiance players play on consoles. Also the games are vastly different, Defiance is a casual shooter, Firefall is not. It be like asking whu play Call of Duty when there is Planetside 2 for free. Apples and Oranges - Defiance and Firefall are very different.

Understood that it is vastly different. But they do so much of the same. Open world first person rpg shooter?

Even if playing on console. Defiance is very tedious and lacks any kind of progression.. Tell me that you played since launch and still enjoy it and i won't believe you ;)

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    I'll be honest I have been playing both but the reason why is they are so different I enjoy both alot well now that I understand crafting in Firefall the games good tho fun fast paced and just everything about it is a challenge when you do the none instanced areis thing those can be a blast or a pain in the butt.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i still like Defiance but i havent played in months. I also Like FireFall but i havent played in probably months too....

I like them but they are not offering enough content for me to play constantly. Also im still waiting for all my DLC i paid for Defiance.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    I like both, they both have their own perks and peeves. But I would pick one over the other.
  • BeaumanBeauman Member UncommonPosts: 142

I had high hopes for firefall.. so i payed full price for preorder. You know i was dissapointed because that was everyone (honest people) else aswell!

Defiance is also on PS3 and Xbox 360, firefall is pc only. The majority of Defiance players play on consoles. Also the games are vastly different, Defiance is a casual shooter, Firefall is not. It be like asking whu play Call of Duty when there is Planetside 2 for free. Apples and Oranges - Defiance and Firefall are very different.

Understood that it is vastly different. But they do so much of the same. Open world first person rpg shooter?

Even if playing on console. Defiance is very tedious and lacks any kind of progression.. Tell me that you played since launch and still enjoy it and i won't believe you ;)

I've played Defiance since beta - I've completed all the content so I haven't played it since the show stopped, however on Tuesday is when the DLC goes live (new playable race, casti charged blades, new arkfall etc....) so I'all be playing again in 2 days.

I agree that lack of progression is a big minus, but I have a feeling now that Defiance falls under new Dev studio (the same guys who did Rift) we will see some much needed depth added to the game in the future. Scot Hartsman has a history of making good games so hopefully he can make Defiance a lot better.

Scott Hartsman is running Trion Worlds as CEO now, and is too busy closing satellite studios, firing staff, and getting rid of overseas offices.

Unlike when he was the lead guy on Rift, as CEO he's very unlikely to have any hands-on development with Defiance. That will come down to their new Execeutive Producer--- who incidentally has always been part of that team and worked under the old Executive Producer.

Scott has the entire company to worry about now, its overall revenue, investor relations, and whatever the hell his so-called Master Plan is that is costing jobs left and right. Don't expect him to worry about Defiance the way he did Rift when he was only assigned to that game.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    I love Defiance,for me it is shooter mmo for what I am looking long time...Firefall? it is not bad ,but, sry not game for me
This discussion has been closed.