Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The verdict (Poll)

Comments

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607
    Originally posted by striderbob

What? I just logged onto the beta forums and see around 15 posts from today. under the Dev Tracker about the issues. How are they not communicating?

Well, beta forums are for beta testers, for one.

They were down until recently, for another.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• fubarbox1fubarbox1 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by Pluppets
    Originally posted by Fubarbox
    So far I am really enjoying the game, but I put I don't know. I understand this is beta and things are going to break, heck I am even fine with not being to play most of Open Beta. My problem has been that there NA community support has been almost nonexistent. Tons of people are having these major issues and their response time (if at all) is ridiculous. If your game is having issues do not just ignore your player base. I see the JP side getting updates, but heck NA side is lucky to have a relevant twitter update every 7hrs. So for me it comes to the choice between the value of my time/ money (after launch obviously) weighed against their customer service. So far, I am not impressed and I hope they can turn it around. I can deal with bugs, but if how they have responded to these events is any indication of their CS after launch, I will not pay for it. The last thing I want is to put a ton of time into this game only to get killed by a bug in the future and have no support.

Their forum/support site crashed because so many people hit it.

The Twitter?  Yeah, neither JP nor NA has had a tweet in ~9 hours.

^ All of these things were easy to ascertain, and more helpful than spreading misinformation.

So is the misinformation they are not updating JP players as well? or that their communication is almost nonexistent? I doubt you mean the second, because if you do, fanboy much? Second, as far as I know JP players are not experiencing the major bugs we are. I can still play on JP servers afterall. 3rd, there not even experiencing the vague server lockdowns that we are (for the most part). If I was misinformed that they are getting more updates, I apologize. But seeking out one form of communication (twitter) and saying I am wrong because of it? From what I have seen, their CS is much more active on the JP forums. So stop defending a company, they make enough money to do it themselves. Like I said, I like the game, but if their community response is like this going forward, I will not buy the game. Heck, even their live letter was in JP. Could they not spare a translator for other fans? Thankfully their was a fan willing to do their work for them.

Edit: Dev posts on Beta forms? I have barely been able to get the forms to load, they were down until recently. As far as the Dev tracker, I am through 100 out of 170 comments and there have been 2 updates in english so far....I think maybe one pertains to the issue. Their 3102 error has been going on since the start and they finally make a thread on it this morning? Great CS.

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607
    Your concerns are valid, Fubarbox, just some people here are afraid to call out technical and communication issues, while I consider them very harmful for, well, customer satisfaction.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• PluppetsPluppets Member Posts: 45
    So far I am really enjoying the game, but I put I don't know. I understand this is beta and things are going to break, heck I am even fine with not being to play most of Open Beta. My problem has been that there NA community support has been almost nonexistent. Tons of people are having these major issues and their response time (if at all) is ridiculous. If your game is having issues do not just ignore your player base. I see the JP side getting updates, but heck NA side is lucky to have a relevant twitter update every 7hrs. So for me it comes to the choice between the value of my time/ money (after launch obviously) weighed against their customer service. So far, I am not impressed and I hope they can turn it around. I can deal with bugs, but if how they have responded to these events is any indication of their CS after launch, I will not pay for it. The last thing I want is to put a ton of time into this game only to get killed by a bug in the future and have no support.

^ All of these things were easy to ascertain, and more helpful than spreading misinformation.

So is the misinformation they are not updating JP players as well? or that their communication is almost nonexistent? I doubt you mean the second, because if you do, fanboy much? Second, as far as I know JP players are not experiencing the major bugs we are. I can still play on JP servers afterall. 3rd, there not even experiencing the vague server lockdowns that we are (for the most part). If I was misinformed that they are getting more updates, I apologize. But seeking out one form of communication (twitter) and saying I am wrong because of it? From what I have seen, their CS is much more active on the JP forums. So stop defending a company, they make enough money to do it themselves. Like I said, I like the game, but if their community response is like this going forward, I will not buy the game. Heck, even their live letter was in JP. Could they not spare a translator for other fans? Thankfully their was a fan willing to do their work for them.

Edit: Dev posts on Beta forms? I have barely been able to get the forms to load, they were down until recently. As far as the Dev tracker, I am through 100 out of 170 comments and there have been 2 updates in english so far....I think maybe one pertains to the issue. Their 3102 error has been going on since the start and they finally make a thread on it this morning? Great CS.

No, your original post whined about them updating the JP Twitter more than the NA one, which is baseless and false.  And yeah, the JP's are in the same boat.  That's what I was pointing out as disingenuous.  I think you just wanted to rage at me.  Calm your anger, it's unhealthy.

Personally, I think they owe it to us to fix the game more than to communicate every 1-2 hours.

Also, stop calling people fanboys because they wont cater to your ranting rage.

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510
    Originally posted by Br3akingDawn
    For sure i will. Though it is not 100% what I would like the mmo to be. There is nothing else better atm out there. 

Sadly this - it's about 25% of what an MMORPG should be (if you love MMORPGs and aren't the type who just wants to solo around other people).  Sadly because I see FFIV as yet another post WoW clone that will follow the SWTOR model of hype, big release numbers, huge dropoff 3-6 months in, F2P about a year after release.  No MMORPG that's mostly solo ultra ezier than ever mode will ever be worth a sub nor will it retain sub-based players for years.

I would prefer a more classic style MMORPG that involves challenge (challenge...that doesn't mean it has to be brutally/impossibly difficult, just not brain dead ez for one armed newborn chimps) at all levels, a drastically slower leveling curve, way more emphasis on grouping, little to no solo, a higher quality player population because of this (since the ADD dood types and hand me the world on a platter for doing nothing types won't play such a game).  I want to see a return of the MM in MMORPG.  I'm tired of glorified single player games.  I want a whole MMORPG.  Not an ultra easy single player game mixed with a smidge of "endgame" grouping.  I'm perfectly content with people who don't want this type of MMORPG doing something other than playing MMORPGs - since this is how the genre started and where it should be - not in romper room.

I'm sure I can get 30+ (1-6) * sub amount of entertainment out of the game.  I always enjoy experiencing new MMORPG content in a good new MMORPG.  I think FFXIV is lacking in a lot of little ways and people will be complaining about it soon enough (item compare is weak, armory gear chest has zero organization to it (and if like me, you have ALL classes unlocked, it's a disaster, little things).  And the loading screens are really, really annoying.  But it'll be a decent diversion for a few months.

And there is nothing else out there.  I can't go back to 10 year old MMORPGs.  I quit WoW during cata because even the once great WoW has been dumbed down so much that it's not worth playing (and the fact that they're losing huge numbers of players in chunks kind of shows that maybe, just maybe, the genre has gone beyond the point of streamlining the genre and has reach the point of making things too stupidly easy even for bliz sheep).  Newer MMORPGs are taking things even more towards solo and further from MMORPG which is utter dookie (GW2, soon to be TESO, and probably EQN too - single player games not even trying to be MMORPGs).

It does remain to be seen what late game and endgame will be like.  I'd imagine mid/late will just continue to be stupidly solo ez-mode.  I'm always nervous when they won't even let you do high level or endgame stuff in beta because that means it's only been subjected to "internal testing" - and as much as I (as a software engineer) love QA people, time and time again this way of doing things hasn't gone so well (GW2 did this and has insane exploits in endgame content, for ex, NW went with the we'll have an open beta that spans weeks and not wipe characters and had tons of exploits in high end/endgame/in general).  In games as complex as MMORPGs, no amount of "internal testing" can possibly match the deviousness of hordes of players pouring into and thru the cracks.

Play it. Yes.  I don't mind paying for my gaming entertainment and I think this game can provide SOME entertainment.  Will it be an MMORPG that can keep players busy for years and be worth a sub?  I seriously doubt it.

Some games of "lifetime subs" and stuff like that and I usually think that's a very bad idea.  This game is offering sub packages in 3, 6, 12 months.  I will go for 3 and hope to last that long.  I think taking anything beyond 6 if you're slower moving would be a mistake.  Not worth the risk with too many unknowns about the long-term entertainment value of this game.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• fubarbox1fubarbox1 Member UncommonPosts: 27

No, your original post whined about them updating the JP Twitter more than the NA one, which is baseless and false.  And yeah, the JP's are in the same boat.  That's what I was pointing out as disingenuous.  I think you just wanted to rage at me.  Calm your anger, it's unhealthy.

Personally, I think they owe it to us to fix the game more than to communicate every 1-2 hours.

Also, stop calling people fanboys because they wont cater to your ranting rage.

Angry? No. The game is not important enough to get angry. I will say that I am happy to get a free counseling session from you, thank you! I just want to make it clear, you were pointing out about twitter, but everything else is true? Also, if the JP are in the same situation why do their forums have a very unbalanced amount of CS posts? Lastly, other than calling me names, your post had very little substance. 

Edit: I wanted to add that I am sorry for calling a fanboy. But its hard not to when a major bug has been going on since the start and there has been almost no communication on it (till a thread this morning) and you are saying they are doing a great job communicating....With your only defense being I am wrong and here is a passive aggressive dig... Other than perhaps the twitter, my post is correct if you like it or not. Perhaps we disagree on what CS is and that is fine. But to call my post misinformation and baseless is very false imho.

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394

The "same old" argument is moot, considering there has not been a polished and well made game like this in several years. So, to me, it's new and refreshing.

It needs voice overs badly, though, as the quest text is small and abundant. Also, Idk if the names of NPC's are just placeholders, but they all need to change. Arrffhyttl is not a name. Oh and chat bubbles above people's heads when they say something.

As expected, FATES, like dynamic events, rifts and public quests are stupid, irreverent and pointless. I have nfi why developers think these things are somehow important now; they are not.

• simulacrasimulacra Member CommonPosts: 93
    After trying every MMO out there pretty much (Eve, SWTOR, Age of Wushu, Neverwinter, Gw2, Tera), I finally found a game which I can get into. FFXIV is not for everyone. But it's extremely polished, beautiful, great music, and most importantly, fun. 
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Yes, but I will be watching for other games such as TESO and EQN.  Maybe archage.
  • SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    I'm really enjoying it. The game-play feels fluid and there's a lot of items, fates, side quests and a great story so far. I just hope they do PvP right then I'll be sold for a couple of years. I'm also looking forward to getting it on my PS4 when it's released so I can just jump on there too.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Yeah I'll be subbing. After playing lvl's 1-11 today it definetly is a solid mmo with great graphics. How long it actually holds my interest depends on the endgame. But this game is without question worth the 30 dollar price tag + a sub....
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• joe2721joe2721 Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Yes I like the game itself but i hope they work out the server loads, its so messy right  now

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    I'll be subbing for a long time, this game is the tits.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 828
    Meh, nope. I tried the ARR beta and while it was an improvement over the original version I still don't care for it.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Yes.

FFXIV was the last P2P mmorpg after world of warcraft that I remained playing it for more then a week or 2.

Excluding beta I played the version 1.0 for a month and a half before leaving. Last game I played for a while was GW2 but I don't know if I should count that as it's playing some, stopping then playing again. (Meaning it didn't hold my attention for long I had to take breaks and play it from time to time)

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 294
    If the game wasn't fail enough, found out today that the only way to level your second discipline is through mob grinding, Fates and guildleves (grinding). What a fucking horrible game design!
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by AZHokie54
    If the game wasn't fail enough, found out today that the only way to level your second discipline is through mob grinding, Fates and guildleves (grinding). What a fucking horrible game design!

This is the third time I've seen you write something completely false about the game.

I'm convinced your just awful at video games.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Best themepark since WoW, and the most polished also. Though this is their second go around so I would hope it would be polished.

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    How does error 3102 still exist? It's almost been 3 years of this.
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

This is the third time I've seen you write something completely false about the game.

I'm convinced your just awful at video games.  

OK then, how else do you level additional disciplines?

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336

I am still undecided, but I will probably just wait till it becomes free to play. The main reason for me to play this game is quiet easy: I can play together with friends who play on PS3. The game looks very nice and has a very good atmosphere. But it still looks like one would like to change or add a couple of things. The odd dialouges which obviously were intended to have voice over. The really boring first 10 levels, that feel tedious. The heavy zoning and "walling" is rediculous. The combat feels lame compared to games like GW2. Oh, and they are going to release it in two weeks and there are still issues with login, server-connection, etc.

My favorite example: At the very beginning I am on the ship. There are a lot of cut scenes and rather long dialouges. I cannot do anything for a eternity. Then pirates attack and what do I do? I just go under deck to avoid the fight. Are you serious? This would have been the perfect opportunity to make my first steps into a new MMO and trying the combat system. Imagine a cutscene where they board the ship and I have to rescue my new friend. That would have been awesome! And the follow up quest could have been something about telling the officials what happend on sea, then go out and searching for information on the pirates, more fighting, etc. Instead I am stupidly running around for hours and then finally I am allowed to fight - ladybugs. :(

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Personally i didn´t find any reason to pay a sub for this game....

I´ve been playing in 2 Beta stages....and i guess it´s just no the game for me... didn´t like it at all.

So No,i won´t be playing it.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by Chrisbox Originally posted by AZHokie54 If the game wasn't fail enough, found out today that the only way to level your second discipline is through mob grinding, Fates and guildleves (grinding). What a fucking horrible game design!
    This is the third time I've seen you write something completely false about the game. I'm convinced your just awful at video games.  

HHmmm Duhhhhhhhhh... by going through the class and job story. Duh. Have you played the game?

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Well of course.  Who can so no to the chocobo music :P.
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Originally posted by Chrisbox

Originally posted by AZHokie54 If the game wasn't fail enough, found out today that the only way to level your second discipline is through mob grinding, Fates and guildleves (grinding). What a fucking horrible game design!
    This is the third time I've seen you write something completely false about the game. I'm convinced your just awful at video games.  

HHmmm Duhhhhhhhhh... by going through the class and job story. Duh. Have you played the game?

ONE quest at level 1, 5, 10, and 15. Have YOU played the game?

Please enlighten everyone what you do in between.