Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst account system ever encountered.

RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Spent an hour this morning trying to register for beta, an hour of logging into my account on one page then jumping to the beta registration to be told to log in a second time; except this time none of my information would work. My account id, my email, either of my passwords ( two sets because I changed it to ensure I wasn't making a mistake ) If this was my first impression with a FF title I'd be walking away never to look back at it. What is it about Square Enix that they simply can't make an account system that's not convoluted as hell.

/rage off

^ Mad because he can get the account system to work.

Comments

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Sorry you had issues, but it literally took me 2 minutes to make an account and register for beta. I;m not sure how you had so many issues.
  • freegefreege Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Yep had same problem not to bothered about the game so just gave up, Registered for beta, Then said download client, Clicked on that brought up another page saying login and now cant login to my account.  Had to login on like four freaking different pages...
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    If you think this is bad, I'm guessing you never signed up for FFXI.. It's a thousand times worse.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232

This post is right on point.  The exact same thing happened to me.  I was able to go through all the motions and achieve my results, but, the system was very counterintuitive.  One of the reasons I'm not interested in this game is this account system.  I'm just not interested in additional headaches.

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    If you think this is bad, I'm guessing you never signed up for FFXI.. It's a thousand times worse.

This.

PlayOnline, the old system they had for FFXI, was so nightmarish it's hard to imagine it having come from anywhere save a ring of hell.

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by Myria

This.

PlayOnline, the old system they had for FFXI, was so nightmarish it's hard to imagine it having come from anywhere save a ring of hell.

It's been awhile and I only played ff14 1.0 for a month or so but i seem to remember having to buy their currency and then use that to pay for a sub instead of just buying a sub with my credit card

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by Myria

This.

Haha, yeah I remember that dreadful system.  It flat out refused to work on half my computers.

• gkb3469gkb3469 Member UncommonPosts: 148
    i was going to make a post EXACTLY like this but instead i decided to figure out and now im playing ffxiv
  • muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199

In the OPs defense, it is very confusing

• The red asterisk making players think they need a RSA key to make an account
    • no clear download location for the client (I had to come to the mmorpg forums!
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

RELAX we are gettign a whole new account system ont he 20th mog station i think it its called it should help the reasony ou had to log in again is because  of the beta forums thats it.

mog station coming should help with the issues

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by muchavez

In the OPs defense, it is very confusing

• The red asterisk making players think they need a RSA key to make an account
    • no clear download location for the client (I had to come to the mmorpg forums!

its on the beta forums under getting started link simple.

mog station is coming tho

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by Redemp

Spent an hour this morning trying to register for beta, an hour of logging into my account on one page then jumping to the beta registration to be told to log in a second time; except this time none of my information would work. My account id, my email, either of my passwords ( two sets because I changed it to ensure I wasn't making a mistake ) If this was my first impression with a FF title I'd be walking away never to look back at it. What is it about Square Enix that they simply can't make an account system that's not convoluted as hell.

/rage off

^ Mad because he can get the account system to work.

Sorry you had a problem. Myself, it took a few minutes to register and tie accounts. Ofcourse, at the time of this post Phase 4 beta was about to start, and thus had all the testers hammering the site to start downloads and also register. They had a few posts saying they had 'serious issues' with their webpage during the start of Phase 4, so much they were giving server updates via Twitter and NOT the official forums.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I didn't think it confusing.

But it still took me more than 8 hours to register a bit before beta start because their account creation resulted in Gateway Error, and situation where the system though my e-mail address was registered even though it wasn't. I had to go through 4 different e-mail addresses to register one account.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    While it won't keep me from playing at all - I agree it's pretty terrible.  
  • fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

ROFLMAO,  I'll tell you what everyone tells me when I complain about windows 8.   You just got to be smart enough to relearn it. 

Joking aside though:   It really is a pain in the behind.  Just think its half as better as it used to be.  just make sure you write everything down and read the directions very carfuly.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    While I didn't have quite that many problems, yes, it is the worst and clunkiest system I've seen in about 10 years.

Joined - July 2004

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Torcip
    Sorry you had issues, but it literally took me 2 minutes to make an account and register for beta. I;m not sure how you had so many issues.

^ Took me 2 seconds to sign up during phase 3.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Right here.

PlayOnline was a million times worse.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

At least they don't require you to log on to a 3rd party site, to buy Crysta, so you can pay the sub. All while having no even remotely obvious method to register a Credit card or PayPal directly...  "Look! We have a Subscription, but want to make it tough for you to give us your money!"  Square Enix is not even remotely known for their user-friendly policies.

The LAST things that should be hard, is to register, or to set up billing.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    It is the worst, most obtuse account management system I've seen in a very long time.  Definitely neither intuitive nor user-friendly.  They could stand to improve it a ton.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

@OP..

Don't worry dude you are not alone,Square has forever had some really frustrating systems to register and login.Their system does work,you just have to read carefully and understand what they are saying LMAO,they are not good at making things clear.

I have had to register and enter my information several times for FFXI and each time,i get frustrated.

It all has the highest level of security and be sure to never use the same information you use on other sites/emails ect ect.This is why they separate ID's and information,to give you the chance to use unique information.Do not try to rush,you need to read the instructions carefully.

I have been ready to shoot someone,yet i always manage to figure it out,just be patient.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• supermike27supermike27 Member Posts: 24
    Don't even try man. I was at work from 6-2pm and when I got home I hopped in the shower and tried to log in to my Final Fantasy 14 CE edition account from the first release. I had only been playing for around 3 days and I could not log in says account suspended. Well when you call Square Enix the number they give you for customer support you will find that they don't have any control of In game bans or anything to do with your account its all a new company they use for their GM's and they will tell you the only way to see why your account was suspended is to LOGIN to a game you can not LOGIN to cause of course your account is banned and talk to a GM I guess telepathically. They also state you should wait atleast 3 days the usual suspension time. Well I waited 3 days nothing so I called them back the same people who told me they had no info and never would get info said they received an email stating I had been gil selling. Which I thought was funny cause I just started the game and said well I was at work when the ban happened so I don't know what to tell you. They said well your account was suspended for 3 days so they said you should be able to login in a few hours. A few hours went by and what do you know said my account was suspended again. I checked my email and I have a email that stated my account was no longer suspended at 5:45PM I had received another email saying my account was banned for good at 5:46 for the reason of gil selling. I called SE back and they said sorry nothing we can do so I gave that stupid company 90$ for a collectors edition of a crappy game for 3 days worth of playing maybe 3 hours tops and til this day im still banned. So a warning for all but a lot will probably just say its bs but they know nothing of how customer support works let alone you had to signup twice for the game once with SE and another with a company for your credit card info. On top of I was using the secure Key Logger keychain that my game came with. Hacked? I don't know.
  • tovontotovonto Member UncommonPosts: 40
    lol i made and account for my wife in under 10 min, i don't know what most of you are doing
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

It's a funky system, the issue on my end was the SE account I was linking it to was assigned a random SE ID. God knows why or how the number was assigned to my standard SE ID. I registered for beta, but when presented with the link to the downloader it again requested the email/id etc ... THIS page was the one that wouldn't let me pass. Hence an hour of ... well I doubt I have access to the game because it doesn't like my login here. I finally gave up ... pulled the link from Reddit and low and behold the account was activated for Beta. So happy ending .. I'm in and enjoying it. I played the original FF mmo and yes the account system was horrible, but it worked at the time I used it.... where as this system wasn't. Got a gaggle of buddies all on vent who had the exact issue, luckily I figured out that for some reason the downloader page was the issue, so they all registered and grabbed the client without many issues.

I'll chalk it up to their systems just being completely overloaded .... but this still by far takes the cake for the most trouble an account system for a mog has given me.

• Zeppelin8Zeppelin8 Member Posts: 18

Yeah I don't get it either. 

Just pre-ordered the game (EU) meanwhile tried to sign-up for beta or whatever. First of all, I did not get any notifications about beta sign-up like I have to wait or beta sign-ups are over. Nothing, no notification mail or anything. And about the pre-order: Whenever I try to get to my profile I get directed to a NA page about FF VII. When I finally get to some account page, I see that my game is registered - which sounds like a lame translation - and have no clue what that means: I got the game. Is this my login account or is this my square enix account? What is the difference between them? Where are the forums? Is there a download link for beta?

It is the first time I felt like I will not get any notifications or instructions to get into the launch or beta. Do I have to wait? Is beta over? How early will I get into the game before launch, 3 days maybe? 

So I finally learned by user comments that beta is over.