Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All Beta Worlds Carry Over to Launch?

Anyone know if all the current worlds will be available at launch? Im just curious if they will keep em all because I doubt the high population will still be an issue like it is for open beta. I was forced to create a toon on Exodus because Leviathan has population issues...wanting to know if Exodus will still be around.

Comments

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    as far as i know the worlds will all still be around.  but if not you would be able to move your toon for free so you dont need to do a complete reroll.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Nativegamer
    Anyone know if all the current worlds will be available at launch? Im just curious if they will keep em all because I doubt the high population will still be an issue like it is for open beta. I was forced to create a toon on Exodus because Leviathan has population issues...wanting to know if Exodus will still be around.

Yes, they'll still be around.

If they're smart they'll even add a few new servers, and maybe even have a short-term program to swap to a new server if desired.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by aesperus

If they're smart they'll even add a few new servers, and maybe even have a short-term program to swap to a new server if desired.

Hopefully no new servers.  Servers will never be as crowded as they are right this moment, when everyone can play for free temporarily and it just came out.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob
    Originally posted by aesperus

Hopefully no new servers.  Servers will never be as crowded as they are right this moment, when everyone can play for free temporarily and it just came out.

It's debatable. Typically launch is the largest influx of new players, not open beta (though there are definitely some games that have had exceptions to this).

The other thing that's kind of uncertain atm, is how their server caps work. There seems to be info that suggests that they might be false server caps to begin with. I think I read something about the error 3102 actually putting empty players into the world (who aren't actually logged in), and is created a lot of artificially AFK players in the game atm.

There's also the issue of servers being 'character locked' instead of 'account locked' which means, if they changed it to an account-based system, that might also free up a lot of space. Who knows. They've already added a few new servers. The last thing they wanna have happen at launch (which is less than a week from now) would be to have players still having trouble logging into the game.

If they do end up having too many servers, they can always consolidate them back together again.

• LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
     Once the free time expires and people will need to P2P, servers will start having more room since all the kids will be gone and won't be able to pay a monthly fee (muhahaha, that's where I'll jump in to the game! :D)
  • NativegamerNativegamer Member Posts: 10
    Thx for the quick reply guys! My second archer this beta due to login issues..  I already dont want to go through the intro again! This game sure isnt alt friendly. :) Wich ok with me as long as I dont gotta reroll again.