Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Login issues tonight. Says I'm already logged in. (3102 Thread!)

Comments

• PluppetsPluppets Black FlagPosts: 45Member
    Originally posted by Br3akingDawn
    Originally posted by NagelRitter

lol 15 million WHAT.

Oh, hey, they used the word "trial" again.

But, Jesus... it'd be interesting if they could keep anything even remotely close to that number. >_<

Really hate these Asian lang>ENG translations that isnt perfect. Its like when I say "trial" in the Chn or Jp language, it could mean the same thing as "beta", "testing" etc.

I heard someone say 150,000 a few hours ago.

Maybe the number translation is the same thing that gives us "Awesome Super HAppy Fun Time" when the original title might have meant "Pretty OK Time"? lol

• Rogue_LeaderRogue_Leader elgin, ILPosts: 119Member

It's both a preview and a stress test - a test that Squenix's NA datacenter failed.

If it is indeed a hardware failure (and I suspect it may be) then what's likely happening is they're attempting to get new hardware in ASAP.

Alternately, the game is more popular than anticipated and they need MORE hardware, which is even worse.  They'll need to order it and depending on how much they pay it could take until pre-order launch for it to be ready.

Or, some bit of code that works in Japan doesn't work for servers with the en_us kernel and their developers are scratching their heads trying to figure out why.

Any of these items are possible and not easily fixable.  I hope they figure it out before release.  I'm glad I got my airship pet but I wish I had more time to level mining.  Oh the pain of still being a level 2 miner when the doors open ><

• sonoflibertysonofliberty TokioPosts: 2Member
    Originally posted by NagelRitter

lol 15 million WHAT.

Oh, hey, they used the word "trial" again.

But, Jesus... it'd be interesting if they could keep anything even remotely close to that number. >_<

btw it's not 15 million but 150 thousand.

well...not that it really matters;o

• tekichantekichan Hilo, HIPosts: 11Member Common

stress test for them or for us? heh - four hours into phase 4 and have not been able to log back in due to apparently still being there - I even tried to delete my guy and all with no luck as I'd rather start from scratch than keep moving forward - still looking forward to the game as it really seemed awesome - though I wish I was able to say it "is" rather than "seemed" awesome as I has so little time to actually play the game in p3-p4 and on

and just for the sake of adding - I'm not trying to put down SE - I think its awesome that they are actually having this issue now rather than later - yes, I'm uber hurting that I couldn't login these past days [I had so much fun in p3] - but I'd much rather this happen now - I will say that seeing the massive hurl towards SE as actually a good thing as most people would just say meh and move on... yet seeing how many people are actually hurt to not log in and play is actually kinda awesome as people in a p2p system has that much traction from the get-go

GO SE GO!  "also hurry up with the fix please so I can say I was able to actually test and play before the official launch instead of sitting at my desk staring at error 3102" yet rooting for a successful non beta launch ^_^

• Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,356Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Rogue_Leader

It's both a preview and a stress test - a test that Squenix's NA datacenter failed.

If it is indeed a hardware failure (and I suspect it may be) then what's likely happening is they're attempting to get new hardware in ASAP.

Alternately, the game is more popular than anticipated and they need MORE hardware, which is even worse.  They'll need to order it and depending on how much they pay it could take until pre-order launch for it to be ready.

Or, some bit of code that works in Japan doesn't work for servers with the en_us kernel and their developers are scratching their heads trying to figure out why.

Any of these items are possible and not easily fixable.  I hope they figure it out before release.  I'm glad I got my airship pet but I wish I had more time to level mining.  Oh the pain of still being a level 2 miner when the doors open ><

While you mention pets! did you get the other 3 available!!? they cost about 2400gils each. Might not be there after launch. Maybe a open beta easter egg?

• faiyofaiyo |||COL|||1, TNPosts: 123Member
    Originally posted by rykim86
    The 3102 error thread in their Technical issues section has exploded when their forums came up.  If you can manage to log onto the OF and make your way there, add in your server and character name.

Added mine, and the moment it refreshed there were already three or so pages after mine. It's crazy.

Yeah it's becoming a big deal, lol.

• IlayaIlaya BochumPosts: 417Member Uncommon

Stuck with 3102 sins 12 hrs now, no help at all.

So one thing is for sure, there is NO Support at all. Seems they have not learned ho "to do communication".

That's Bullshit.

• sharpshadesharpshade Kingsport, TNPosts: 58Member

I just added my information and it landed on page 1,415 haha! Here is the link if anyone needs it:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/102818-Regarding-Error-3102-Issue?p=1272959&posted=1#post1272959

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob lexington, KYPosts: 871Member
    Originally posted by sharpshade

I just added my information and it landed on page 1,415 haha! Here is the link if anyone needs it:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/102818-Regarding-Error-3102-Issue?p=1272959&posted=1#post1272959

Won't even let me get to that.   When I go to that link it asks me to login, I do, then it just sits there.

• sharpshadesharpshade Kingsport, TNPosts: 58Member

Here's their Twitter page where it also links that page to put your info:

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN

• DritheDrithe salisbury, NCPosts: 53Member
    I left a nasty little letter for SquareEnix. Heh. But I am seriously considering canceling my order now. I am very disappointed in SE. IF they cant fix this little problem within hours, just how bad is it going to be during the real game? I am not paying 13 bucks a month to find out and I am getting a seriously bad vibe about this game now.
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob lexington, KYPosts: 871Member
    Originally posted by Drithe
    I left a nasty little letter for SquareEnix. Heh. But I am seriously considering canceling my order now. I am very disappointed in SE. IF they cant fix this little problem within hours, just how bad is it going to be during the real game? I am not paying 13 bucks a month to find out and I am getting a seriously bad vibe about this game now.

Must suck being the one that run those accounts.

You have to figure it's just like 50,000 tweets calling them an assbag when stuff like this is happening lol

• RinnaRinna Las Vegas, NVPosts: 388Member

All my NA toons are locked out, 1.0 legacy as well as 2 I made yesterday.

It sucks when you look forward to playing again for 3 weeks just to torch the servers during the stress test but that's what beta tests are for.  Hopefully EA and release will go much smoother.

No bitchers.

• KhebelnKhebeln BelfastPosts: 671Member Uncommon

<p tweet-text"="">The Beta Test errors 3102 and 90000 are still under investigation and unfortunately we have no new information regarding them at this time.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2

• RidelynnRidelynn Fresno, CAPosts: 4,172Member Uncommon

FINAL FANTASY XIV ?@FF_XIV_EN 4m
    The Beta Test errors 3102 and 90000 are still under investigation and unfortunately we have no new information regarding them at this time.
    FINAL FANTASY XIV ?@FF_XIV_EN 3m
    We are aware of the frustration these errors are causing and apologize that they are impacting the accessibility and enjoyment of the game.
    FINAL FANTASY XIV ?@FF_XIV_EN 2m
    As soon as we have more details, we'll be sure to announce it. Once again, we apologize for the issues and appreciate your understanding.

Latest news from the twitter feed.

• ReesRacerReesRacer Dallas, TXPosts: 155Member Uncommon

this is exactly the type of thing that a large open beta test is meant to sort out.

go right on ahead and cancel your order if you feel it is necessary. i try to keep in mind that no large-scale MMO launch has ever gone completely smoothly (and this isn't even a launch yet), and it costs no money to anyone to try and participate in this test. 

SE has the week before head-starts to squash these bugs, so don't be surprised to see this test extended a day or two to make sure things will go better when everything is "official".

• drivendawndrivendawn montgomery, ALPosts: 1,241Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by 9reesracer9

this is exactly the type of thing that a large open beta test is meant to sort out.

go right on ahead and cancel your order if you feel it is necessary. i try to keep in mind that no large-scale MMO launch has ever gone completely smoothly (and this isn't even a launch yet), and it costs no money to anyone to try and participate in this test. 

SE has the week before head-starts to squash these bugs, so don't be surprised to see this test extended a day or two to make sure things will go better when everything is "official".

This ^ ^ all the MMO's I played at launch were rocky and yes this beta is also a stress test so that the actual launch goes smoothly.

• mysticalspammysticalspam prairieville, LAPosts: 64Member

what if they don't fix it and it launches as is.... i guess for you  wasting 30 bucks on something you can't play is ok? if the game launches and a month goes by everything is good nothing stopping the people that canceled  from buying it again... hell i canceled but if the game is running smooth i probably will give it another shot in a month or 2.

the game doesn't suck but companies like to launch unfinished products..  this bug is too big to be in the game this late.

• DritheDrithe salisbury, NCPosts: 53Member
    Originally posted by mysticalspam

what if they don't fix it and it launches as is.... i guess for you  wasting 30 bucks on something you can't play is ok? if the game launches and a month goes by everything is good nothing stopping the people that canceled  from buying it again... hell i canceled but if the game is running smooth i probably will give it another shot in a month or 2.

the game doesn't suck but companies like to launch unfinished products..  this bug is too big to be in the game this late.

Agreed! This scares me so.

Originally posted by mysticalspam

"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain."

Bene Gesserit - Litany Against Fear

let's be realistic...SE will not launch the game with this bug. they've already fixed the JP servers and will work diligently to repair the others. let's try not to digress into hyperbolic panic. :)

• twruletwrule Daly City, CAPosts: 1,251Member

18 hours locked out now. I'm gonna go play a bunch of old Sonic the Hedgehog games and pretend I'm playing as my FFXIV character, lost in the 'special zone' between dimensions, but gathering rings and chaos emeralds for my glorious return...

• Allacore69Allacore69 Casselberry, FLPosts: 839Member

Originally posted by Drithe Originally posted by mysticalspam Originally posted by 9reesracer9 Originally posted by Drithe I left a nasty little letter for SquareEnix. Heh. But I am seriously considering canceling my order now. I am very disappointed in SE. IF they cant fix this little problem within hours, just how bad is it going to be during the real game? I am not paying 13 bucks a month to find out and I am getting a seriously bad vibe about this game now.
    this is exactly the type of thing that a large open beta test is meant to sort out. go right on ahead and cancel your order if you feel it is necessary. i try to keep in mind that no large-scale MMO launch has ever gone completely smoothly (and this isn't even a launch yet), and it costs no money to anyone to try and participate in this test.  SE has the week before head-starts to squash these bugs, so don't be surprised to see this test extended a day or two to make sure things will go better when everything is "official".
    what if they don't fix it and it launches as is.... i guess for you  wasting 30 bucks on something you can't play is ok? if the game launches and a month goes by everything is good nothing stopping the people that canceled  from buying it again... hell i canceled but if the game is running smooth i probably will give it another shot in a month or 2. the game doesn't suck but companies like to launch unfinished products..  this bug is too big to be in the game this late.
    "I must not fear.Fear is the mind-killer.Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over me and through me.And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.Only I will remain."

Bene Gesserit - Litany Against Fear

let's be realistic...SE will not launch the game with this bug. they've already fixed the JP servers and will work diligently to repair the others. let's try not to digress into hyperbolic panic. :)

I love Dune but I am not a firm believer in the Orange Catholic Bible. I am more of a bard like Gurney Hellick. "Damn those Harkonnens"

• RinnaRinna Las Vegas, NVPosts: 388Member

Over 18 thousand posts of toon name and world you're locked out of.  Wow.

For the record... RIFT had a pretty excellent launch.  That was the best one I've been in.  Diablo 3 or Aion being the worst.

No bitchers.

• RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member
    Make sure to twitter and sign the petition on the beta forums to extend open beta to early access!

looks like progress is being made server by server on some of the issues anyway...so there's that!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/100415-The-beta-test-server-status-for-Aug.-16/page18

This discussion has been closed.