Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Maybe I'm just spoiled by ArenaNet but...

aspireworksaspireworks San Leandro, CAPosts: 6Member

I'm really not a fan of Square Enix. Maybe it's just me, but they come across like cold businessmen in suits. Granted, the majority of them are. But after dealing with the warm and friendly team at ArenaNet, it was a bit of a shock. They come across as very detached and uncaring toward their customer base. 

That being said, I really do enjoy Realm Reborn. But I think Square Enix needs a friendlier overhaul. Any thoughts?

Comments

• OberholzerOberholzer Hasbrouck Heights, NJPosts: 498Member
    Did they take care of your problem? I only dealt with their CS once but it was a satisfactory experience.
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Virginia, VAPosts: 2,131Member
    Could you be more specific about which articles and people you are refering to in SquareEnix?
  • Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,356Member Uncommon
    I must admit, as much as the game sucked after awhile, their customer service continues to out shine everything. Kudos to Anet.

• PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,923Member Uncommon

Really? If anything it would be the opposite. Arenanet was quite terrible, at least at launch. Pretty much they had the "We know right, you guys don't know what you are talking about attitude" which fortunately they did finally change, though still it was a lingering issue for quite some time. FF14:ARR tended to shift away from it (which they were basically what Arenanet was on their own launch) and listened a lot more to feedback.

I honestly think they are doing fine, the only disconnect I could see is maybe being English to Japanese disconnect, though even that I feel is being actually handled very well for a foreign based game. 

• NagelRitterNagelRitter fewefw, CTPosts: 607Member

I don't have a problem with their style of communication, I just want there to be a bit more of it.

Generally, I was happy with how YoshiP discussed problems. Just need more of that.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob lexington, KYPosts: 871Member
    Think I'd rather them be cold than be like Anet and make friendly posts about nerfing your class.
  • TribeofOneTribeofOne Wellford, SCPosts: 1,006Member Uncommon

how are you judging SE to say they are  "cold businessmen in suits" and "very detached and uncaring".

what interactions and where? or are you just talking out of your ass, as they say

• aspireworksaspireworks San Leandro, CAPosts: 6Member
    I'm judging that based on the way they word articles and deal with customer service. None of it is WRONG, per se, but I feel like I'm dealing with a big corporation that could care less about me.
  • jskeets916jskeets916 Folsom, CAPosts: 154Member
    Originally posted by aspireworks

I'm really not a fan of Square Enix. Maybe it's just me, but they come across like cold businessmen in suits. Granted, the majority of them are. But after dealing with the warm and friendly team at ArenaNet, it was a bit of a shock. They come across as very detached and uncaring toward their customer base. 

That being said, I really do enjoy Realm Reborn. But I think Square Enix needs a friendlier overhaul. Any thoughts?

Are you talking about Customer Service when you eloquently refer to "them"? Because when I hear "Square Enix" and "Arenanet" I think of their development teams... And after being a DIEHARD GW1 fan I believe Arenanet is as cold as it gets with it's false marketing of a PvP-centric sequel (Hall of heroes, tourny's rewards etc,) that became a f2p PvE WvW zergfest.

Square Enix on the other hand said fuck this f2p fad taking over we are going to double down to re-launch a failed project and maintain our P2P model, as opposed to a money-grab month to month scheme, and actually listening to their fan base that was responsible for their renowned name.

Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Could you be more specific about which articles and people you are refering to in SquareEnix?

It really isn't just one article or one experience - It is the whole thing. The twitter updates, the news articles, the customer service. None of it really feels genuine - It all feels like they're fishing for a dollar. Which, granted, A-Net is too. But I prefer when they have a warmer atmospehre.

• PluppetsPluppets Black FlagPosts: 45Member
    I'm judging that based on the way they word articles and deal with customer service. None of it is WRONG, per se, but I feel like I'm dealing with a big corporation that could care less about me.

So this is about how you feel.  I see, hahaha.  :3

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Wellford, SCPosts: 1,006Member Uncommon

the word you re looking for is professionalism  and they are a big corporation and they cared so much that they completely redid the game based on the communities concerns and they arent charging us who bought 1.0 a single penny. Im not sure what more you want, love letters and poetry?

Originally posted by Pluppets

Of course! That's how we perceive the world, silly!

Originally posted by TribeofOne

the word you re looking for is professionalism  and they are a big corporation and they cared so much that they completely redid the game based on the communities concerns and they arent charging us who bought 1.0 a single penny. Im not sure what more you want, love letters and poetry?

I'm sorry if I've offended you by <span vk_bk"="">criticising your favorite game/company, buddy! All I'm saying is that you can be professional and friendly. I've seen it a million times, I appreciate it, and it makes me want to support the company. However, I don't see it here.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Virginia, VAPosts: 2,131Member
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

It really isn't just one article or one experience - It is the whole thing. The twitter updates, the news articles, the customer service. None of it really feels genuine - It all feels like they're fishing for a dollar. Which, granted, A-Net is too. But I prefer when they have a warmer atmospehre.

Could be because at least the customer service isn't handled directly by the lifeforce behind FFXIV: Yoshi-P. I suppose it is hard for an employee to be enthusiastic when they aren't really that connected to the actual development of the game.

Not an excuse, but maybe an explanation. 

• Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Fredericksburg, VAPosts: 2,920Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Br3akingDawn
    I must admit, as much as the game sucked after awhile, their customer service continues to out shine everything. Kudos to Anet.

lol yeah right, Arena Net is as good as Nexon with their customer support. I'm going on 6 months now without a single reply to my ticket. It seems as though they don't care that there's a person in China accessing my account.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • simulacrasimulacra Ocean, NJPosts: 93Member Common
    Have you watched any of the videos with YoshiP, the lead producer? That isn't the case at all. 
  • MistborneMistborne Morgantown, WVPosts: 23Member Uncommon

Well, that's partially true. They are a big corporation that does not care about you as an individual, so I wouldn't count on them ever getting warm and fuzzy; however, they do care about your satisfaction in their product. If their game does not satisfy you that's one thing, but to complain about their demeanor when they are doing everything they said they would is kind of petty and pointless. 

• BrialynBrialyn Winder, GAPosts: 184Member

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it would be nice to be linked to examples of this coldness.  Personally I think they've communicated well with live letters (wish they were subbed but I understand they are a Japanese company so didn't bother me) was excellent.  I felt like they were making sure that everything they were announcing was in the game and working before they announced it.  They've had forums where they've been taking feedback.  They've treated their loyal fans from 1.0 REALLY well (I'm not one, I just couldn't stomach 1.0 as much as I wanted to). All in all, everything I've seen shows me that they care about making a product people love and are wiling to pay monthly for. 

We all have our opinions and besides this latest error 3201 issue that's happening in phase 4 I think SE has done a good job showing us they care about making something [some] gamers will enjoy. 

Currently Playing: FFXIV:ARR
    Looking Forward to: Wildstar
  • jskeets916jskeets916 Folsom, CAPosts: 154Member

I'm sorry if I've offended you by <span vk_bk"="">criticising your favorite game/company, buddy! All I'm saying is that you can be professional and friendly. I've seen it a million times, I appreciate it, and it makes me want to support the company. However, I don't see it here.

What you call "professional and friendly" ignorantly the rest of us have accepted are pure business tactics as usual.  People get degrees in Public Relations or PR, however the "warm" and "fuzzy" word choice is more western tradition that you are accustom to. 

Personally I prefer the direct, albeit, cold approach.

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,506Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Pluppets

Of course! That's how we perceive the world, silly!

The fact that we filter all experiences through our emotional intelligence is one of the best kept secrets of the human psyche. It is also widely unknown by the general population. And the fact that the entire process is largely below our conscious awareness makes most people completely oblivious to what makes them act and think a certain way.

We are driven by our subconscious much more than we are aware of, most of our behaviours are rooted there.
  • LissylLissyl Peru, INPosts: 271Member Common
    Im not sure what more you want, love letters and poetry?

Moogle plushies would suffice. =D

• Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,356Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Lissyl
    Im not sure what more you want, love letters and poetry?

Moogle plushies would suffice. =D

omg i would love a moogle plushie!!!!

Originally posted by jskeets916

What you call "professional and friendly" ignorantly the rest of us have accepted are pure business tactics as usual.  People get degrees in Public Relations or PR, however the "warm" and "fuzzy" word choice is more western tradition that you are accustom to. 

Personally I prefer the direct, albeit, cold approach.

It may be Western tradition that I'm used to. The majority of the companies, gaming and otherwise, that come to mind when I think of my ideal business are based here in the West. That being said, if you're trying to market a game to the West, well... It might not hurt to buy into some of their traditions :)

I get where you're coming from, though. There is something to the directness, but it just doesn't do it for me, personally.

• deerstopdeerstop MoscowPosts: 31Member

Yeah, agreed. ArenaNet's customer service has been the best so far, and I've played quite a lot of games. These guys are polite, helpful, quick.