Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The verdict (Poll)

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
Are you going to play after release?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

I'm disappointed in some of the rough spots this P4 beta has had (90000 error, 3102 error, ACN quest oversights, Forums are down, etc), but this was still a "Beta" and problems are to be expected.

If the same problems carry over into early access/release - well, it will be troubling, but it would still hardly be the world's worst MMO launch.

It makes me wonder if they will be able to keep their early release/access dates - these problems are pretty severe. Hopefully they get fixed easily enough, but if they aren't, it would be a hard decision to make: push back a highly advertised release date, or "release" with some game-stopping bugs in triage mode.

I plan on playing - I've lived through worse releases than this before, but I know that today, the standard for "release" is very high. Customers expect a highly polished product on Day 1, and have a low tolerance for bugs, especially critical game-stopping bugs. After the very poor reception 1.0 had upon release, I would think SqEx would be doubly cautious for ARR.

I thought the P3 betas all went very well and smooth - I would have nearly considered that to be release quality. It just goes to show you can't really tell until you really open the floodgates and let the real stress tests hit.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Yes, I'll be subscribing.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

Yep, pretty much solidified.

Originally posted by Torvaldr

It looks as good as any other themepark out there to me, but I'm not playing it.  On the flip side, it's not really better than anything else out there at the moment either.

I guess we disagree here, then. If there was a proper themepark out there, I'd be playing it for now. It used to be Rift for me, but then they ruined it with Storm Legion.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• czombieczombie Member Posts: 82
    Well, I can't play right now due to their login issues (unless I decide to roll a character on a Japanese server, I've heard), but I trust they'll have these technical issues sorted out by release.  The game itself was pretty fun even though it takes a while to get to the more meaningful quests.  I pre-ordered the game and nothing I've seen has disappointed me enough to cancel my pre-order.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I will, there is just something about final fantasy that drags me in.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Br3akingDawn
    For sure i will. Though it is not 100% what I would like the mmo to be. There is nothing else better atm out there. 

Same here... I'lle ven upgrade my old 1.0 standard edition to CE for this one. I think SE really did a very good job here!

And yeah, nothing better here atm anyway. Perhaps ArcheAge might pull me away (very likely), but till then, I'll stick with FFXIV

• Chief021Chief021 Member Posts: 107

Will not be playing.  It's more of the same old thing that's in the current MMO market.  Still waiting for something new...

To those of you who enjoy it... have a good time!

A PS4 ESO guild accepting applications at http://lowlyknights.enjin.com

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

paid for the game 1.0 

i will not play it since it monthly while other game like ESO will come out soon and its B2P

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Best MMO experience in years.

Definitely continuing

• TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114

Will definitely play it. My only gripe with the game is that there's a bit too much handholding with all the quest-markers and map indicators and all.

Beta's been runnin' smoothly all weekend and i've really had a lot of fun.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I will be playing it till something better comes.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Yes, was planning to play from the start for something to entertain me with from the start, though running a dungeon and NEEDING CC kind of had me hooked. Yeah, the simple things are what really attract my attention.
  • zalatoyzalatoy Member UncommonPosts: 65
    no, but its a good game, but nothing impressive, will wait for teso and play world of tanks at the moment.
  • fubarbox1fubarbox1 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    So far I am really enjoying the game, but I put I don't know. I understand this is beta and things are going to break, heck I am even fine with not being to play most of Open Beta. My problem has been that there NA community support has been almost nonexistent. Tons of people are having these major issues and their response time (if at all) is ridiculous. If your game is having issues do not just ignore your player base. I see the JP side getting updates, but heck NA side is lucky to have a relevant twitter update every 7hrs. So for me it comes to the choice between the value of my time/ money (after launch obviously) weighed against their customer service. So far, I am not impressed and I hope they can turn it around. I can deal with bugs, but if how they have responded to these events is any indication of their CS after launch, I will not pay for it. The last thing I want is to put a ton of time into this game only to get killed by a bug in the future and have no support.
  • LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

My hopes were dashed with the mediocre questing and boring (until you hit around 30) combat.  I was pleasantly surprised how smooth the game ran at max settings even when there were hundreds in the same spot as I.  The world they designed is without a doubt the most beautiful I explored as well.  It just came down to the overall gameplay experience.

I'll be holding out for EQ Next and Landmark.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Verdict: F2P in within 12 months. They have no business charging a sub for this game.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

I won't be playing.

Why? Same old same old.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Finally a game with a likable world, great presentation, and all the features I expect from an MMO. Heck, yes.

This is my best MMO experience since World of Warcraft.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702
    Originally posted by Fusion

I won't be playing.

Why? Same old same old.

Waiting for: Wildstar

You won't be playing that one then, either. It's the same old same old in the same way FFXIV is.

• PluppetsPluppets Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by Fubarbox
    So far I am really enjoying the game, but I put I don't know. I understand this is beta and things are going to break, heck I am even fine with not being to play most of Open Beta. My problem has been that there NA community support has been almost nonexistent. Tons of people are having these major issues and their response time (if at all) is ridiculous. If your game is having issues do not just ignore your player base. I see the JP side getting updates, but heck NA side is lucky to have a relevant twitter update every 7hrs. So for me it comes to the choice between the value of my time/ money (after launch obviously) weighed against their customer service. So far, I am not impressed and I hope they can turn it around. I can deal with bugs, but if how they have responded to these events is any indication of their CS after launch, I will not pay for it. The last thing I want is to put a ton of time into this game only to get killed by a bug in the future and have no support.

Their forum/support site crashed because so many people hit it.

The Twitter?  Yeah, neither JP nor NA has had a tweet in ~9 hours.

^ All of these things were easy to ascertain, and more helpful than spreading misinformation.

• sado2020sado2020 Member Posts: 112
    My wife and Ill will be giving it a shot : )

Playing: TSW, D&D NW, Defiance (more the tv show than game >.> ) LotRO, DCUO

• FourplayFourplay Member UncommonPosts: 216

Yes because it is polished and Final Fantasy.

Will I play for the long haul?

Yes, if they offer more variety of endgame play besides melee raids, things like airship or magitek battles.

No, if EQN actually delivers in right way and is fun, and FF doesn't do the above.

• striderbobstriderbob Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by Fubarbox

What? I just logged onto the beta forums and see around 15 posts from today. under the Dev Tracker about the issues. How are they not communicating?

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I want to see the results without affecting them

I will go cry in a corner

Third option implies that Im on the fence, while I have 0 interest in the game and I just want to see how people are doing

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence