Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login issues tonight. Says I'm already logged in. (3102 Thread!)

Comments

• PluppetsPluppets Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by NagelRitter
    Originally posted by Gatorez1913
    I was really enjoying myself and planned on pre-ordering today until after 12 hours now that I can't log in to my character.  I understand that this is "beta" and issues can come up but the fact that there has been no information that I can find by Square Enix and the website is shut down does not give me high hopes on game stability.  I am not saying that I am not going to maybe order the game eventually but I'm definitely on hold for now. 

I can definitely relate to this.

Do I love the game itself? Sure. But, you know, I want to be able to access it.

First, poor redownloading software. In this day and age, you can write a proper downloader.

Then, checksum errors, some of which date down to v 1.0.

I had to download the client through a torrent because I couldn't do it through their launcher. I've heard people relying on torrents in v 1.0 to get patches. I don't know if that's something I want to sign up for.

Account management problems. Now log in problems. I already had them block my account for a bit. Low communication with the West.

Hopefully, it will all tide over. But I'd hate to buy a game a not be able to play it, or run into issues every patch. These shouldn't even be a problem. Stress from too many people I understand. But checksum errors on download? What is this? These problems are not related to the game itself, and they're fixable, but they're kind of a big deal for a P2P game especially.

It's not better for any of us to pat SE on the back for this poor management.

From 1,000+ posts, I've never heard of anyone having download issues.

And as for account management and login?  Yeah, haven't heard of anyone having those either.

I don't want to sound like a douche, but it sounds like the problem(s) are on your end.

• striderbobstriderbob Member UncommonPosts: 174
    The servers are obviously being hammered so anything server related is going to be messed up logins, downloads, forums, etc. There has been around 15 posts just today from SE about the problems, they are currently running a maintenance. So yes they are communicating with us.
  • NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607
    Originally posted by Pluppets

So, sorry to burst your bubble, but you probably did something to fack it up.

There was a thread on download issues in this forum, even.

There was also a rather large thread on the beta forums on the checksum error [10410][10410][20642] or whatever the code was. I got that one on a different computer. Overall, I tested it on 3 computers and 3 separate connection setups. On one, I couldn't download it over time due to a crashing connection (doesn't matter on torrents). On the other, I got a checksum error. On one of them, it did work, and obviously it works for most people, but there's a sizable percentage for whom it doesn't work and that is not good.

I can successfully use the EVE launcher, the EQ2 launcher, the LoL launcher, and the GW2 launcher, so I expect this one to follow suit without me changing anything.

Torrent also worked perfectly for me. If you can't write a proper launcher, use a torrented launcher. Or just give me a torrent. Problem. Solved.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Drithe

Got bumped out of the game. Then, it says I am logged in but, obviously, I am not. Square knows of this issue. I'm betting they did this to many who put tons of hours into it to give others a chance to play, heh.

End of line.

No i have noticed a sudden increase in boots in FFXI since about 2 months ago,i feel they have incorporated some new system.I originally thought it had to do with overloading but nope.I think it possible the server structure when lags a bit,does not allow you much time to re-establish a steady connection,so it just boots you.I am sure if the system becomes a tad unstable it might have an auto boot feature as well.

The game saying you are still in is common throughout many games,the server is not going to recognize you as out for at least 30-60 seconds.The reason is simple aside from a normal 3-10 seconds for the server to reload your information ,it is to keep players from exploiting deaths.That is also why they usually make you go through a timer to logout.

The good news it is not SOE and tons of memory leaks with memory use after the game is out.When i play SOE games,i literally have to reboot my PC before i attempt to play anything else.

I am not expecting any problems on release but you never know,they should have waited for a release date until everything was smooth.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

This was auto-translated from their Japanese twitter feed

FINAL FANTASY XIV @ FF_XIV_JP 10h
    Shinsei is FFXIV P / D Yoshida. Thank you for your participation prior to trial (open ? test). because it was the situation of concurrent connections the number of people more than 15 million people, to add three new World JP at 6 pm after this. (1/2) # FF14

FINAL FANTASY XIV @ FF_XIV_JP 10h
    In addition, in order to perform the induction of new players at the same time and add, in JP all world than 6:00 pm, for a while, I will implement the character creation limit. We apologize for the inconvenience, thank you for your cooperation to reduce congestion so that you can play comfortably everybody. (2/2) # FF14

If that is accurate, and the translation is correct....
    15M concurrent connections?!

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_JP

Originally posted by Pluppets

So, sorry to burst your bubble, but you probably did something to fack it up.

There was a thread on download issues in this forum, even.

There was also a rather large thread on the beta forums on the checksum error [10410][10410][20642] or whatever the code was. I got that one on a different computer. Overall, I tested it on 3 computers and 3 separate connection setups. On one, I couldn't download it over time due to a crashing connection (doesn't matter on torrents). On the other, I got a checksum error. On one of them, it did work, and obviously it works for most people, but there's a sizable percentage for whom it doesn't work and that is not good.

I can successfully use the EVE launcher, the EQ2 launcher, the LoL launcher, and the GW2 launcher, so I expect this one to follow suit without me changing anything.

Torrent also worked perfectly for me. If you can't write a proper launcher, use a torrented launcher. Or just give me a torrent. Problem. Solved.

So 3 of your computers crashed during the download?

i've downloaded it on 5 computers and 2 ps3's without issues.

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

lol 15 million WHAT.

Oh, hey, they used the word "trial" again.

But, Jesus... it'd be interesting if they could keep anything even remotely close to that number. >_<

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236
    The 3102 error thread in their Technical issues section has exploded when their forums came up.  If you can manage to log onto the OF and make your way there, add in your server and character name.
    Originally posted by Br3akingDawn

lol 15 million WHAT.

But, Jesus... it'd be interesting if they could keep anything even remotely close to that number. >_<

Really hate these Asian lang>ENG translations that isnt perfect. Its like when I say "trial" in the Chn or Jp language, it could mean the same thing as "beta", "testing" etc.

I heard someone say 150,000 a few hours ago.

Maybe the number translation is the same thing that gives us "Awesome Super HAppy Fun Time" when the original title might have meant "Pretty OK Time"? lol

• Rogue_LeaderRogue_Leader Member Posts: 119

It's both a preview and a stress test - a test that Squenix's NA datacenter failed.

If it is indeed a hardware failure (and I suspect it may be) then what's likely happening is they're attempting to get new hardware in ASAP.

Alternately, the game is more popular than anticipated and they need MORE hardware, which is even worse.  They'll need to order it and depending on how much they pay it could take until pre-order launch for it to be ready.

Or, some bit of code that works in Japan doesn't work for servers with the en_us kernel and their developers are scratching their heads trying to figure out why.

Any of these items are possible and not easily fixable.  I hope they figure it out before release.  I'm glad I got my airship pet but I wish I had more time to level mining.  Oh the pain of still being a level 2 miner when the doors open ><

• sonoflibertysonofliberty Member UncommonPosts: 3

lol 15 million WHAT.

btw it's not 15 million but 150 thousand.

well...not that it really matters;o

• tekichantekichan Member CommonPosts: 11

stress test for them or for us? heh - four hours into phase 4 and have not been able to log back in due to apparently still being there - I even tried to delete my guy and all with no luck as I'd rather start from scratch than keep moving forward - still looking forward to the game as it really seemed awesome - though I wish I was able to say it "is" rather than "seemed" awesome as I has so little time to actually play the game in p3-p4 and on

and just for the sake of adding - I'm not trying to put down SE - I think its awesome that they are actually having this issue now rather than later - yes, I'm uber hurting that I couldn't login these past days [I had so much fun in p3] - but I'd much rather this happen now - I will say that seeing the massive hurl towards SE as actually a good thing as most people would just say meh and move on... yet seeing how many people are actually hurt to not log in and play is actually kinda awesome as people in a p2p system has that much traction from the get-go

GO SE GO!  "also hurry up with the fix please so I can say I was able to actually test and play before the official launch instead of sitting at my desk staring at error 3102" yet rooting for a successful non beta launch ^_^

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by rykim86
    The 3102 error thread in their Technical issues section has exploded when their forums came up.  If you can manage to log onto the OF and make your way there, add in your server and character name.

Added mine, and the moment it refreshed there were already three or so pages after mine. It's crazy.

Yeah it's becoming a big deal, lol.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

Stuck with 3102 sins 12 hrs now, no help at all.

So one thing is for sure, there is NO Support at all. Seems they have not learned ho "to do communication".

That's Bullshit.

• sharpshadesharpshade Member UncommonPosts: 58

I just added my information and it landed on page 1,415 haha! Here is the link if anyone needs it:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/102818-Regarding-Error-3102-Issue?p=1272959&posted=1#post1272959

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by sharpshade

I just added my information and it landed on page 1,415 haha! Here is the link if anyone needs it:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/102818-Regarding-Error-3102-Issue?p=1272959&posted=1#post1272959

Won't even let me get to that.   When I go to that link it asks me to login, I do, then it just sits there.

• sharpshadesharpshade Member UncommonPosts: 58

Here's their Twitter page where it also links that page to put your info:

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN

• DritheDrithe Member UncommonPosts: 55
    I left a nasty little letter for SquareEnix. Heh. But I am seriously considering canceling my order now. I am very disappointed in SE. IF they cant fix this little problem within hours, just how bad is it going to be during the real game? I am not paying 13 bucks a month to find out and I am getting a seriously bad vibe about this game now.
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    I left a nasty little letter for SquareEnix. Heh. But I am seriously considering canceling my order now. I am very disappointed in SE. IF they cant fix this little problem within hours, just how bad is it going to be during the real game? I am not paying 13 bucks a month to find out and I am getting a seriously bad vibe about this game now.

Must suck being the one that run those accounts.

You have to figure it's just like 50,000 tweets calling them an assbag when stuff like this is happening lol

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389

All my NA toons are locked out, 1.0 legacy as well as 2 I made yesterday.

It sucks when you look forward to playing again for 3 weeks just to torch the servers during the stress test but that's what beta tests are for.  Hopefully EA and release will go much smoother.

No bitchers.

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

<p tweet-text"="">The Beta Test errors 3102 and 90000 are still under investigation and unfortunately we have no new information regarding them at this time.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

FINAL FANTASY XIV ?@FF_XIV_EN 4m
    The Beta Test errors 3102 and 90000 are still under investigation and unfortunately we have no new information regarding them at this time.
    FINAL FANTASY XIV ?@FF_XIV_EN 3m
    We are aware of the frustration these errors are causing and apologize that they are impacting the accessibility and enjoyment of the game.
    FINAL FANTASY XIV ?@FF_XIV_EN 2m
    As soon as we have more details, we'll be sure to announce it. Once again, we apologize for the issues and appreciate your understanding.

Latest news from the twitter feed.

• ReesRacerReesRacer Member UncommonPosts: 179

this is exactly the type of thing that a large open beta test is meant to sort out.

go right on ahead and cancel your order if you feel it is necessary. i try to keep in mind that no large-scale MMO launch has ever gone completely smoothly (and this isn't even a launch yet), and it costs no money to anyone to try and participate in this test. 

SE has the week before head-starts to squash these bugs, so don't be surprised to see this test extended a day or two to make sure things will go better when everything is "official".

• mysticalspammysticalspam Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by 9reesracer9

this is exactly the type of thing that a large open beta test is meant to sort out.

go right on ahead and cancel your order if you feel it is necessary. i try to keep in mind that no large-scale MMO launch has ever gone completely smoothly (and this isn't even a launch yet), and it costs no money to anyone to try and participate in this test. 

SE has the week before head-starts to squash these bugs, so don't be surprised to see this test extended a day or two to make sure things will go better when everything is "official".

what if they don't fix it and it launches as is.... i guess for you  wasting 30 bucks on something you can't play is ok? if the game launches and a month goes by everything is good nothing stopping the people that canceled  from buying it again... hell i canceled but if the game is running smooth i probably will give it another shot in a month or 2.

the game doesn't suck but companies like to launch unfinished products..  this bug is too big to be in the game this late.

• DritheDrithe Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by mysticalspam
    Originally posted by 9reesracer9

what if they don't fix it and it launches as is.... i guess for you  wasting 30 bucks on something you can't play is ok? if the game launches and a month goes by everything is good nothing stopping the people that canceled  from buying it again... hell i canceled but if the game is running smooth i probably will give it another shot in a month or 2.

the game doesn't suck but companies like to launch unfinished products..  this bug is too big to be in the game this late.

Agreed! This scares me so.

This discussion has been closed.