Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login issues tonight. Says I'm already logged in. (3102 Thread!)

Comments

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by NagelRitter
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

Yep, and many companies use reddit too.

Hi-Rez uses Reddit as their official forums, you know the makers of SMITE?

Lots of companies use 3rd parties for their forums, because they host their Forums and their software servers on the same physical servers.  So if one is having errors the other is too. 

It is now common practice to have your official news be not on your official site.

But you said Twitter is the pulse.

Not "general information website". Twitter. Like Twitter is superior to everything else. Explain that one to me.

(also, since when did Hi-Rez become a solid company?) Well, this is a matter of opinion I guess, but I've been a customer of theirs for over two years now, very professional company with well made games.

Originally posted by JeroKane

Well then you can pretty much stop playing MMO´s then, as Twitter has been the direct communication platform in MMO´s for several years now during issues and maintenance.

Funny, I got away with not using twitter this entire time. I found reddit much better in that department. It's far more customizable in terms of what information you can put on it and get from it, unlike Twitter, lol 40 word statuses or whatever.

Reddit

Twitter

It doesn't mater, now you are arguing semantics, and just being generally argumentative.

If you don't like how things are being done these days fine, but don't pretend that it happened over night or that you have no idea why it was done.

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

LOL! It is CLEARLY advertised as BETA PHASE 4! Aka Open Beta.

Look, I'm sorry, they dug their own hole.

They could have given people a week or even 2 to, yeah, you know, actually Test things.

But, no "the game is pretty much finished", let's make it a 3 day demo.

Whoops.

Reddit

Twitter

It doesn't mater, now you are arguing semantics, and just being generally argumentative.

It does matter, though. You can't call something the pulse if you can't specify something specific. It's an ugly term used to aggravate people who don't buy into the social media rubbish.

The "pulse" you are referring to is called the goddamn internet. It isn't twitter, reddit, or Facebook, or anything, it's the damn intertubes. Now shut up with your "in the know" rubbish.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

So let's getback on topic. I am still getting the 3102 error but do not fret. We have survivors on the JP servers. My suggestion? Do a full wipe of the servers and let us with early access start from level 1. Hell, most will just scrap the characters they have anyway eventhough they say they wont. I know that characters in my friends list will dissapear. Happens in every open beta.

Source with quote please.

Yoshi P said in the most recent live letter this was a stress test.

Live letter so I don't know what to tell you. But that's why Japanese-only communication is unprofessional towards your NA playerbase. It was LIVE translated for you, sorry you were too lazy to keep up with the info...

Also, it's too short to be a stress test, so even if they call it one, it isn't one.  I had no idea you had reign and dominion over the definition of a stress test... I'll have to call you and ask you for permission if I ever do one.

You realize the LIVE translation was fan based and had errors in it, right? Which caused lots of confusion?

Stop defending unprofessionalism.

They could have given people a week or even 2 to, yeah, you know, actually Test things.

Whoops.

I seriously question if you've played an mmo before.

This open beta is the same as nearly every other mmo's open beta I've played since DAoC.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Whoops.

It doesn´t matter how you see it. The fact is that people are twisting things and posting outright lies!

Nowhere is the word DEMO mentioned! Only BETA PHASE 4, as what it is and the email you got with the testing schedule clearly said FINAL BETA and started with the words: "Dear Beta Tester, ..... "

But sure whatever! Keep on raging!

Next week, the game will launch. Then if you cannot login due to an error for 3 days with no communication, you can start complaining and raging.

You realize the LIVE translation was fan based and had errors in it, right? Which caused lots of confusion?

Stop defending unprofessionalism.

You DO realize that it wasn't translated by some RANDOM fan but by an OFFICIAL representative of SE?

He was made so by them...

He is a community rep, and equal to a "blue" poster on Blizzards site.

Again, you just sound like you really haven't the foggiest about what is going on...

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Still have 3102 along with most of the community, I see character wipes incoming :(

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Is this where P2P is higher quality?  The community doesn't look nicer that's for sure.  SE shouldn't get a pass.  They're taking money for the game.  The F2P games don't get a pass when they start taking money, so this game shouldn't either.

They are not taking any money until next week when early access / launch begins.

This weekend is the last beta weekend aka BETA PHASE 4!

You didn´t even have to pre-order to participate in this weekend, as it´s an Open Beta that was accessible since yesterday for everyone.

Nowhere is the word DEMO mentioned! Only BETA PHASE 4, as what it is and the email you got with the testing schedule clearly said FINAL BETA and started with the words: "Dear Beta Tester, ..... "

Like I said, I do not speak Japanese, which is why the whole thing is unprofessional. I have no idea what they said in Japanese. It's not my problem what they said in Japanese. My problem is the information the West had access to.

Which is this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QhmTw_8SRpJt99Vngqhsq5xjm5vuajyFhuuEXJYxmOo/edit?pli=1

"

f; in phase 4 please let us now the level cap and other that will be restricted

y; level cap is lower than phase 3, the cap is at level 20 for phase 4

y; the reason why is that this is more of a demo version where anyone in the world can play

y; so we don’t want to show too much at this point

"

If you have a different translation I'd like to see what it says.

Is this where P2P is higher quality?  The community doesn't look nicer that's for sure.  SE shouldn't get a pass.  They're taking money for the game.  The F2P games don't get a pass when they start taking money, so this game shouldn't either.

They took money?

When?

Its not the 27th yet, so it's not launch.

I'm confused as to why people are treating this game like this is the first time any of this happened.

Remember SWTOR?  SWG? TERA?

Those were all worse, and on their actual launches.

This is a stress test.

Also, generalizing the community based off what?  I've seen the best community since FFXI here, people helping each other out and being friendly and stopping to explain things to new players...

SE doesn't get a "free pass" this just isn't a big issue, and molehills aren't mountains.

Like I said, I do not speak Japanese, which is why the whole thing is unprofessional. I have no idea what they said in Japanese. It's not my problem what they said in Japanese. My problem is the information the West had access to.

Which is this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QhmTw_8SRpJt99Vngqhsq5xjm5vuajyFhuuEXJYxmOo/edit?pli=1

"

f; in phase 4 please let us now the level cap and other that will be restricted

y; level cap is lower than phase 3, the cap is at level 20 for phase 4

y; the reason why is that this is more of a demo version where anyone in the world can play

y; so we don’t want to show too much at this point

"

If you have a different translation I'd like to see what it says.

You don´t have to use any translation. There is a whole ENGLISH section in the Beta forums where everything is posted in ENGLISH.

"More of a"

Doesn't mean

"not something else"

It means part of something, but mostly something else.

What was the part of that other thing?

A STRESS TEST!

La sigh...

Edit:  Just because you don't speak Japanese doesn't mean it's unprofessional of them to not cater specifically to you...

I'm so confused by all the entitlement.

• Gatorez1913Gatorez1913 Member Posts: 15
    I came in to this beta with very low expectations due to the disaster that 1.0 was.  I was really enjoying myself and planned on pre-ordering today until after 12 hours now that I can't log in to my character.  I understand that this is "beta" and issues can come up but the fact that there has been no information that I can find by Square Enix and the website is shut down does not give me high hopes on game stability.  I am not saying that I am not going to maybe order the game eventually but I'm definitely on hold for now. 
    Originally posted by Gatorez1913
    I came in to this beta with very low expectations due to the disaster that 1.0 was.  I was really enjoying myself and planned on pre-ordering today until after 12 hours now that I can't log in to my character.  I understand that this is "beta" and issues can come up but the fact that there has been no information that I can find by Square Enix and the website is shut down does not give me high hopes on game stability.  I am not saying that I am not going to maybe order the game eventually but I'm definitely on hold for now. 

The website isn't shut down, it's stressed to the point of breaking, so they took it down to devote more resources to the server infrastructure. They added 5 servers last night, and expanded the capacity of all the existing ones.

This is pretty standard for an Open beta, the number of people flooding the game right now trying to test it is causing critical errors, which is why this is at least in part, a stress test.

They are not taking any money until next week when early access / launch begins.

You didn´t even have to pre-order to participate in this weekend, as it´s an Open Beta that was accessible since yesterday for everyone.

They're taking pre-orders and money.  It doesn't matter if you don't have to pay.  You don't have to pay in F2P games either, but they still get taken to task once they accept money.  Is SE accepting money for the game? Yes.  Now take them to task.  Either they don't take money for the game and get to hide behind beta, or they take money for the game and don't get to use that as an excuse.

There is a double-standard, let's be done with that.  Not only have they already taken a lot of money for this game through v1.0, but they're still taking pre-orders and resumed the subscription prior to release while they worked on the game.

It's not.

Maybe you hold free to play to a lower standard and for some reason think that SE is getting a "free pass" but I don't.

I played Neverwinter recently, people ripped it a new one with all it's bugs and crap, I enjoyed myself and defended it and thought it was a pretty fun action game.

Same thing happens now, the  over reaction community comes out en mass and screams FOWL!

Now you are adding to it by seeing lines in the sand that aren't there.

Edit:  Yes, they took money for a product, it isn't released yet, you are upset that during a period of EXTREME stress on the servers you cannot play, this is just silly and unrealistic.

They're taking pre-orders and money.  It doesn't matter if you don't have to pay.  You don't have to pay in F2P games either, but they still get taken to task once they accept money.  Is SE accepting money for the game? Yes.  Now take them to task.  Either they don't take money for the game and get to hide behind beta, or they take money for the game and don't get to use that as an excuse.

There is a double-standard, let's be done with that.  Not only have they already taken a lot of money for this game through v1.0, but they're still taking pre-orders and resumed the subscription prior to release while they worked on the game.

HA HA HA HA!  Seriously!

Have you looked at the gaming industry in general lately?

The big boys like EA, Ubisoft, ActiVision are taking Your Money for Pre-orders 6 months in advance these days!

Unless you live under a rock and never visited any Gamestop or other game store, but they already started taking pre-order Money for the New Battlefield and Call of Duty back in May/June, while it isn´t even launching until end this year!

And you start complaining SE is taking Your Money 2-3 weeks in advance? lol. /shrug

FACT is! Launch isn´t until end Next week!  It is CLEARLY advertised that way! Nowhere did it state that you are forced to participate in this weekends BETA PHASE 4!

Cheers

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by Torvaldr Originally posted by JeroKane Originally posted by Torvaldr Is this where P2P is higher quality?  The community doesn't look nicer that's for sure.  SE shouldn't get a pass.  They're taking money for the game.  The F2P games don't get a pass when they start taking money, so this game shouldn't either.
    They are not taking any money until next week when early access / launch begins. This weekend is the last beta weekend aka BETA PHASE 4! You didn´t even have to pre-order to participate in this weekend, as it´s an Open Beta that was accessible since yesterday for everyone.
    They're taking pre-orders and money.  It doesn't matter if you don't have to pay.  You don't have to pay in F2P games either, but they still get taken to task once they accept money.  Is SE accepting money for the game? Yes.  Now take them to task.  Either they don't take money for the game and get to hide behind beta, or they take money for the game and don't get to use that as an excuse. There is a double-standard, let's be done with that.  Not only have they already taken a lot of money for this game through v1.0, but they're still taking pre-orders and resumed the subscription prior to release while they worked on the game.
    It's not.

Maybe you hold free to play to a lower standard and for some reason think that SE is getting a "free pass" but I don't.

I played Neverwinter recently, people ripped it a new one with all it's bugs and crap, I enjoyed myself and defended it and thought it was a pretty fun action game.

Same thing happens now, the  over reaction community comes out en mass and screams FOWL!

Edit:  Yes, they took money for a product, it isn't released yet, you are upset that during a period of EXTREME stress on the servers you cannot play, this is just silly and unrealistic.

My reciept says purchased. Says balance owed 0.00$ Says balance paid 39.99$ So yeah what about us who the have taken money from.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Originally posted by Torvaldr Is this where P2P is higher quality?  The community doesn't look nicer that's for sure.  SE shouldn't get a pass.  They're taking money for the game.  The F2P games don't get a pass when they start taking money, so this game shouldn't either.
    They are not taking any money until next week when early access / launch begins. This weekend is the last beta weekend aka BETA PHASE 4! You didn´t even have to pre-order to participate in this weekend, as it´s an Open Beta that was accessible since yesterday for everyone.
    They're taking pre-orders and money.  It doesn't matter if you don't have to pay.  You don't have to pay in F2P games either, but they still get taken to task once they accept money.  Is SE accepting money for the game? Yes.  Now take them to task.  Either they don't take money for the game and get to hide behind beta, or they take money for the game and don't get to use that as an excuse. There is a double-standard, let's be done with that.  Not only have they already taken a lot of money for this game through v1.0, but they're still taking pre-orders and resumed the subscription prior to release while they worked on the game.
    It's not.

My reciept says purchased. Says balance owed 0.00$ Says balance paid 39.99$ So yeah what about us who the have taken money from.

I paid for 1.0 ce which means IVE ALREADY PAID TOO. SE FIX THIS NAO

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• DritheDrithe Member UncommonPosts: 55

This is the worst open beta I have ever been a part of.  One whole day without playing in a 2 day ONLY open beta event? Im telling you I bet SE did this on purpose to not have to open up too many other servers, knowing that there will not be any where as many people once the pay to play starts up.

• PluppetsPluppets Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Originally posted by Torvaldr Is this where P2P is higher quality?  The community doesn't look nicer that's for sure.  SE shouldn't get a pass.  They're taking money for the game.  The F2P games don't get a pass when they start taking money, so this game shouldn't either.
    It's not.

I paid for 1.0 ce which means IVE ALREADY PAID TOO. SE FIX THIS NAO

This is a beta stress test.  There hasn't been a stress test yet.  To 'fix it nao' they would have to reboot and/or kick all players, and they would lose the opportunity to fix it in real time, assuring that it won't happen during launch.  The fact that they're hitting these issues is a good thing-- the whole point of this phase is to find bugs like this!

All you (or I) deserve for having purchased is being able to play during early access and launch.

Ehrmagerd is ok is "beta stress test"

PS) I bought 1.0, too.

"More of a"

Doesn't mean

"not something else"

Edit:  Just because you don't speak Japanese doesn't mean it's unprofessional of them to not cater specifically to you...

I'm so confused by all the entitlement.

The poster I was responding to said the word "demo" was never mentioned.

It's not entitlement to expect the company you intend to give money to to communicate to you properly. That's actually fairly normal customer expectations. It's not specifically "me". It's most of the world since most people speak English and it is recognized as the global language. I am not even English originally, I'm Russian, but I still recognize that and if the developers of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. would only communicate with their playerbase in Russian, I'd consider them unprofessional, too.

You don´t have to use any translation. There is a whole ENGLISH section in the Beta forums where everything is posted in ENGLISH.

The beta forums that are down right now. Also not available to non-beta-testers, btw.

• tovontotovonto Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Originally posted by Drithe

This is the worst open beta I have ever been a part of.  One whole day without playing in a 2 day ONLY open beta event? Im telling you I bet SE did this on purpose to not have to open up too many other servers, knowing that there will not be any where as many people once the pay to play starts up.

Of course they weren't expecting so many players, FFXIV closed with about 2000 players and now they just announced they having 150k concurrent players in Open beta.

Originally posted by Gatorez1913
    I was really enjoying myself and planned on pre-ordering today until after 12 hours now that I can't log in to my character.  I understand that this is "beta" and issues can come up but the fact that there has been no information that I can find by Square Enix and the website is shut down does not give me high hopes on game stability.  I am not saying that I am not going to maybe order the game eventually but I'm definitely on hold for now. 

I can definitely relate to this.

Do I love the game itself? Sure. But, you know, I want to be able to access it.

First, poor redownloading software. In this day and age, you can write a proper downloader.

Then, checksum errors, some of which date down to v 1.0.

I had to download the client through a torrent because I couldn't do it through their launcher. I've heard people relying on torrents in v 1.0 to get patches. I don't know if that's something I want to sign up for.

Account management problems. Now log in problems. I already had them block my account for a bit. Low communication with the West.

Hopefully, it will all tide over. But I'd hate to buy a game a not be able to play it, or run into issues every patch. These shouldn't even be a problem. Stress from too many people I understand. But checksum errors on download? What is this? These problems are not related to the game itself, and they're fixable, but they're kind of a big deal for a P2P game especially.

It's not better for any of us to pat SE on the back for this poor management.

This discussion has been closed.