Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Login issues tonight. Says I'm already logged in. (3102 Thread!)

Comments

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Dublin, OHPosts: 3,415Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by NagelRitter

y; the reason why is that this is more of a demo version where anyone in the world can play

"More of a"

Doesn't mean

"not something else"

It means part of something, but mostly something else.

What was the part of that other thing?

A STRESS TEST!

La sigh...

Edit:  Just because you don't speak Japanese doesn't mean it's unprofessional of them to not cater specifically to you...

I'm so confused by all the entitlement.

• Gatorez1913Gatorez1913 Atlanta, GAPosts: 15Member
    I came in to this beta with very low expectations due to the disaster that 1.0 was.  I was really enjoying myself and planned on pre-ordering today until after 12 hours now that I can't log in to my character.  I understand that this is "beta" and issues can come up but the fact that there has been no information that I can find by Square Enix and the website is shut down does not give me high hopes on game stability.  I am not saying that I am not going to maybe order the game eventually but I'm definitely on hold for now. 
    Originally posted by Gatorez1913
    I came in to this beta with very low expectations due to the disaster that 1.0 was.  I was really enjoying myself and planned on pre-ordering today until after 12 hours now that I can't log in to my character.  I understand that this is "beta" and issues can come up but the fact that there has been no information that I can find by Square Enix and the website is shut down does not give me high hopes on game stability.  I am not saying that I am not going to maybe order the game eventually but I'm definitely on hold for now. 

The website isn't shut down, it's stressed to the point of breaking, so they took it down to devote more resources to the server infrastructure. They added 5 servers last night, and expanded the capacity of all the existing ones.

This is pretty standard for an Open beta, the number of people flooding the game right now trying to test it is causing critical errors, which is why this is at least in part, a stress test.

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,204Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Is this where P2P is higher quality?  The community doesn't look nicer that's for sure.  SE shouldn't get a pass.  They're taking money for the game.  The F2P games don't get a pass when they start taking money, so this game shouldn't either.

They are not taking any money until next week when early access / launch begins.

This weekend is the last beta weekend aka BETA PHASE 4!

You didn´t even have to pre-order to participate in this weekend, as it´s an Open Beta that was accessible since yesterday for everyone.

They're taking pre-orders and money.  It doesn't matter if you don't have to pay.  You don't have to pay in F2P games either, but they still get taken to task once they accept money.  Is SE accepting money for the game? Yes.  Now take them to task.  Either they don't take money for the game and get to hide behind beta, or they take money for the game and don't get to use that as an excuse.

There is a double-standard, let's be done with that.  Not only have they already taken a lot of money for this game through v1.0, but they're still taking pre-orders and resumed the subscription prior to release while they worked on the game.

Is this where P2P is higher quality?  The community doesn't look nicer that's for sure.  SE shouldn't get a pass.  They're taking money for the game.  The F2P games don't get a pass when they start taking money, so this game shouldn't either.

They are not taking any money until next week when early access / launch begins.

You didn´t even have to pre-order to participate in this weekend, as it´s an Open Beta that was accessible since yesterday for everyone.

They're taking pre-orders and money.  It doesn't matter if you don't have to pay.  You don't have to pay in F2P games either, but they still get taken to task once they accept money.  Is SE accepting money for the game? Yes.  Now take them to task.  Either they don't take money for the game and get to hide behind beta, or they take money for the game and don't get to use that as an excuse.

There is a double-standard, let's be done with that.  Not only have they already taken a lot of money for this game through v1.0, but they're still taking pre-orders and resumed the subscription prior to release while they worked on the game.

It's not.

Maybe you hold free to play to a lower standard and for some reason think that SE is getting a "free pass" but I don't.

I played Neverwinter recently, people ripped it a new one with all it's bugs and crap, I enjoyed myself and defended it and thought it was a pretty fun action game.

Same thing happens now, the  over reaction community comes out en mass and screams FOWL!

Now you are adding to it by seeing lines in the sand that aren't there.

Edit:  Yes, they took money for a product, it isn't released yet, you are upset that during a period of EXTREME stress on the servers you cannot play, this is just silly and unrealistic.

• JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon

HA HA HA HA!  Seriously!

Have you looked at the gaming industry in general lately?

The big boys like EA, Ubisoft, ActiVision are taking Your Money for Pre-orders 6 months in advance these days!

Unless you live under a rock and never visited any Gamestop or other game store, but they already started taking pre-order Money for the New Battlefield and Call of Duty back in May/June, while it isn´t even launching until end this year!

And you start complaining SE is taking Your Money 2-3 weeks in advance? lol. /shrug

FACT is! Launch isn´t until end Next week!  It is CLEARLY advertised that way! Nowhere did it state that you are forced to participate in this weekends BETA PHASE 4!

Cheers

• Allacore69Allacore69 Casselberry, FLPosts: 839Member

Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by Torvaldr Originally posted by JeroKane Originally posted by Torvaldr Is this where P2P is higher quality?  The community doesn't look nicer that's for sure.  SE shouldn't get a pass.  They're taking money for the game.  The F2P games don't get a pass when they start taking money, so this game shouldn't either.
    They are not taking any money until next week when early access / launch begins. This weekend is the last beta weekend aka BETA PHASE 4! You didn´t even have to pre-order to participate in this weekend, as it´s an Open Beta that was accessible since yesterday for everyone.
    They're taking pre-orders and money.  It doesn't matter if you don't have to pay.  You don't have to pay in F2P games either, but they still get taken to task once they accept money.  Is SE accepting money for the game? Yes.  Now take them to task.  Either they don't take money for the game and get to hide behind beta, or they take money for the game and don't get to use that as an excuse. There is a double-standard, let's be done with that.  Not only have they already taken a lot of money for this game through v1.0, but they're still taking pre-orders and resumed the subscription prior to release while they worked on the game.
    It's not.

Maybe you hold free to play to a lower standard and for some reason think that SE is getting a "free pass" but I don't.

I played Neverwinter recently, people ripped it a new one with all it's bugs and crap, I enjoyed myself and defended it and thought it was a pretty fun action game.

Same thing happens now, the  over reaction community comes out en mass and screams FOWL!

Edit:  Yes, they took money for a product, it isn't released yet, you are upset that during a period of EXTREME stress on the servers you cannot play, this is just silly and unrealistic.

My reciept says purchased. Says balance owed 0.00$ Says balance paid 39.99$ So yeah what about us who the have taken money from.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Sacramento, CAPosts: 597Member
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Originally posted by Torvaldr Is this where P2P is higher quality?  The community doesn't look nicer that's for sure.  SE shouldn't get a pass.  They're taking money for the game.  The F2P games don't get a pass when they start taking money, so this game shouldn't either.
    They are not taking any money until next week when early access / launch begins. This weekend is the last beta weekend aka BETA PHASE 4! You didn´t even have to pre-order to participate in this weekend, as it´s an Open Beta that was accessible since yesterday for everyone.
    They're taking pre-orders and money.  It doesn't matter if you don't have to pay.  You don't have to pay in F2P games either, but they still get taken to task once they accept money.  Is SE accepting money for the game? Yes.  Now take them to task.  Either they don't take money for the game and get to hide behind beta, or they take money for the game and don't get to use that as an excuse. There is a double-standard, let's be done with that.  Not only have they already taken a lot of money for this game through v1.0, but they're still taking pre-orders and resumed the subscription prior to release while they worked on the game.
    It's not.

My reciept says purchased. Says balance owed 0.00$ Says balance paid 39.99$ So yeah what about us who the have taken money from.

I paid for 1.0 ce which means IVE ALREADY PAID TOO. SE FIX THIS NAO

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• DritheDrithe salisbury, NCPosts: 53Member

This is the worst open beta I have ever been a part of.  One whole day without playing in a 2 day ONLY open beta event? Im telling you I bet SE did this on purpose to not have to open up too many other servers, knowing that there will not be any where as many people once the pay to play starts up.

• PluppetsPluppets Black FlagPosts: 45Member
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Originally posted by Torvaldr Is this where P2P is higher quality?  The community doesn't look nicer that's for sure.  SE shouldn't get a pass.  They're taking money for the game.  The F2P games don't get a pass when they start taking money, so this game shouldn't either.
    It's not.

I paid for 1.0 ce which means IVE ALREADY PAID TOO. SE FIX THIS NAO

This is a beta stress test.  There hasn't been a stress test yet.  To 'fix it nao' they would have to reboot and/or kick all players, and they would lose the opportunity to fix it in real time, assuring that it won't happen during launch.  The fact that they're hitting these issues is a good thing-- the whole point of this phase is to find bugs like this!

All you (or I) deserve for having purchased is being able to play during early access and launch.

Ehrmagerd is ok is "beta stress test"

PS) I bought 1.0, too.

• NagelRitterNagelRitter fewefw, CTPosts: 607Member

"More of a"

Doesn't mean

"not something else"

Edit:  Just because you don't speak Japanese doesn't mean it's unprofessional of them to not cater specifically to you...

I'm so confused by all the entitlement.

The poster I was responding to said the word "demo" was never mentioned.

It's not entitlement to expect the company you intend to give money to to communicate to you properly. That's actually fairly normal customer expectations. It's not specifically "me". It's most of the world since most people speak English and it is recognized as the global language. I am not even English originally, I'm Russian, but I still recognize that and if the developers of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. would only communicate with their playerbase in Russian, I'd consider them unprofessional, too.

You don´t have to use any translation. There is a whole ENGLISH section in the Beta forums where everything is posted in ENGLISH.

The beta forums that are down right now. Also not available to non-beta-testers, btw.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• tovontotovonto MIdland, MIPosts: 39Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Drithe

This is the worst open beta I have ever been a part of.  One whole day without playing in a 2 day ONLY open beta event? Im telling you I bet SE did this on purpose to not have to open up too many other servers, knowing that there will not be any where as many people once the pay to play starts up.

Of course they weren't expecting so many players, FFXIV closed with about 2000 players and now they just announced they having 150k concurrent players in Open beta.

I was really enjoying myself and planned on pre-ordering today until after 12 hours now that I can't log in to my character.  I understand that this is "beta" and issues can come up but the fact that there has been no information that I can find by Square Enix and the website is shut down does not give me high hopes on game stability.  I am not saying that I am not going to maybe order the game eventually but I'm definitely on hold for now. 

I can definitely relate to this.

Do I love the game itself? Sure. But, you know, I want to be able to access it.

First, poor redownloading software. In this day and age, you can write a proper downloader.

Then, checksum errors, some of which date down to v 1.0.

I had to download the client through a torrent because I couldn't do it through their launcher. I've heard people relying on torrents in v 1.0 to get patches. I don't know if that's something I want to sign up for.

Account management problems. Now log in problems. I already had them block my account for a bit. Low communication with the West.

Hopefully, it will all tide over. But I'd hate to buy a game a not be able to play it, or run into issues every patch. These shouldn't even be a problem. Stress from too many people I understand. But checksum errors on download? What is this? These problems are not related to the game itself, and they're fixable, but they're kind of a big deal for a P2P game especially.

It's not better for any of us to pat SE on the back for this poor management.

I was really enjoying myself and planned on pre-ordering today until after 12 hours now that I can't log in to my character.  I understand that this is "beta" and issues can come up but the fact that there has been no information that I can find by Square Enix and the website is shut down does not give me high hopes on game stability.  I am not saying that I am not going to maybe order the game eventually but I'm definitely on hold for now. 

I can definitely relate to this.

Do I love the game itself? Sure. But, you know, I want to be able to access it.

First, poor redownloading software. In this day and age, you can write a proper downloader.

Then, checksum errors, some of which date down to v 1.0.

I had to download the client through a torrent because I couldn't do it through their launcher. I've heard people relying on torrents in v 1.0 to get patches. I don't know if that's something I want to sign up for.

Account management problems. Now log in problems. I already had them block my account for a bit. Low communication with the West.

Hopefully, it will all tide over. But I'd hate to buy a game a not be able to play it, or run into issues every patch. These shouldn't even be a problem. Stress from too many people I understand. But checksum errors on download? What is this? These problems are not related to the game itself, and they're fixable, but they're kind of a big deal for a P2P game especially.

It's not better for any of us to pat SE on the back for this poor management.

From 1,000+ posts, I've never heard of anyone having download issues.

And as for account management and login?  Yeah, haven't heard of anyone having those either.

I don't want to sound like a douche, but it sounds like the problem(s) are on your end.

• Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,357Member Uncommon

What!? haha, I thought there was too much servers, instead they should figure out how to raise server cap over 5000. Heck I dont even know how they cap their server by. 5000 made characters or 5000 at a time? Really hope its 5000 at a time and not the other because what about those who makes 5-8 toons on a server just for giggles. And if its 5000 made characters per server, then what about those who are NOT active for months? transfer them to graveyard servers automatically or delete them. Theres 15 NA/EU and 15 Jp servers not counting Legacy ones. 30+ servers is a lot.....

• striderbobstriderbob Sheboygan, WIPosts: 174Member
    The servers are obviously being hammered so anything server related is going to be messed up logins, downloads, forums, etc. There has been around 15 posts just today from SE about the problems, they are currently running a maintenance. So yes they are communicating with us.
    Originally posted by Pluppets

So, sorry to burst your bubble, but you probably did something to fack it up.

There was a thread on download issues in this forum, even.

There was also a rather large thread on the beta forums on the checksum error [10410][10410][20642] or whatever the code was. I got that one on a different computer. Overall, I tested it on 3 computers and 3 separate connection setups. On one, I couldn't download it over time due to a crashing connection (doesn't matter on torrents). On the other, I got a checksum error. On one of them, it did work, and obviously it works for most people, but there's a sizable percentage for whom it doesn't work and that is not good.

I can successfully use the EVE launcher, the EQ2 launcher, the LoL launcher, and the GW2 launcher, so I expect this one to follow suit without me changing anything.

Torrent also worked perfectly for me. If you can't write a proper launcher, use a torrented launcher. Or just give me a torrent. Problem. Solved.

still 3012, think its the attack in japan?

• WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,441Member Uncommon

Got bumped out of the game. Then, it says I am logged in but, obviously, I am not. Square knows of this issue. I'm betting they did this to many who put tons of hours into it to give others a chance to play, heh.

End of line.

No i have noticed a sudden increase in boots in FFXI since about 2 months ago,i feel they have incorporated some new system.I originally thought it had to do with overloading but nope.I think it possible the server structure when lags a bit,does not allow you much time to re-establish a steady connection,so it just boots you.I am sure if the system becomes a tad unstable it might have an auto boot feature as well.

The game saying you are still in is common throughout many games,the server is not going to recognize you as out for at least 30-60 seconds.The reason is simple aside from a normal 3-10 seconds for the server to reload your information ,it is to keep players from exploiting deaths.That is also why they usually make you go through a timer to logout.

The good news it is not SOE and tons of memory leaks with memory use after the game is out.When i play SOE games,i literally have to reboot my PC before i attempt to play anything else.

I am not expecting any problems on release but you never know,they should have waited for a release date until everything was smooth.

Samoan Diamond

• RidelynnRidelynn Fresno, CAPosts: 4,174Member Uncommon

This was auto-translated from their Japanese twitter feed

FINAL FANTASY XIV @ FF_XIV_JP 10h

Shinsei is FFXIV P / D Yoshida. Thank you for your participation prior to trial (open ? test). because it was the situation of concurrent connections the number of people more than 15 million people, to add three new World JP at 6 pm after this. (1/2) # FF14

FINAL FANTASY XIV @ FF_XIV_JP 10h

In addition, in order to perform the induction of new players at the same time and add, in JP all world than 6:00 pm, for a while, I will implement the character creation limit. We apologize for the inconvenience, thank you for your cooperation to reduce congestion so that you can play comfortably everybody. (2/2) # FF14

If that is accurate, and the translation is correct....
    15M concurrent connections?!

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_JP

it is almost as if the launcher isnt sync right with the server/account. i was able to get the loading screen with the wallpaper but then it 3102 5 secs later.

Originally posted by Pluppets

So, sorry to burst your bubble, but you probably did something to fack it up.

There was a thread on download issues in this forum, even.

There was also a rather large thread on the beta forums on the checksum error [10410][10410][20642] or whatever the code was. I got that one on a different computer. Overall, I tested it on 3 computers and 3 separate connection setups. On one, I couldn't download it over time due to a crashing connection (doesn't matter on torrents). On the other, I got a checksum error. On one of them, it did work, and obviously it works for most people, but there's a sizable percentage for whom it doesn't work and that is not good.

I can successfully use the EVE launcher, the EQ2 launcher, the LoL launcher, and the GW2 launcher, so I expect this one to follow suit without me changing anything.

Torrent also worked perfectly for me. If you can't write a proper launcher, use a torrented launcher. Or just give me a torrent. Problem. Solved.

So 3 of your computers crashed during the download?

i've downloaded it on 5 computers and 2 ps3's without issues.

lol 15 million WHAT.

Oh, hey, they used the word "trial" again.

But, Jesus... it'd be interesting if they could keep anything even remotely close to that number. >_<

• rykim86rykim86 winnipeg, MBPosts: 236Member
    The 3102 error thread in their Technical issues section has exploded when their forums came up.  If you can manage to log onto the OF and make your way there, add in your server and character name.

lol 15 million WHAT.

Oh, hey, they used the word "trial" again.

But, Jesus... it'd be interesting if they could keep anything even remotely close to that number. >_<

Really hate these Asian lang>ENG translations that isnt perfect. Its like when I say "trial" in the Chn or Jp language, it could mean the same thing as "beta", "testing" etc.

This discussion has been closed.