Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Login issues tonight. Says I'm already logged in. (3102 Thread!)

Comments

• NagelRitterNagelRitter fewefw, CTPosts: 607Member

I didn't realize that not using Twitter made you live under a rock.

Using a third party communication platform to communicate with your playerbase in only one language is unprofessional at best. It's right up there with making people fix your checksum errors. We are not supposed to do any of those things.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Dublin, OHPosts: 3,415Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by NagelRitter

Using a third party communication platform to communicate with your playerbase in only one language is unprofessional at best. It's right up there with making people fix your checksum errors. We are not supposed to do any of those things.

Kinda... yeah.

Twitter is the pulse, if you want to be 'in the know' then you gotta have your finger on the pulse.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Twitter is the pulse, if you want to be 'in the know' then you gotta have your finger on the pulse.

Please, give me a break. Twitter is just a transition platform. You can use any other (reddit) for the same purpose, or, you know, proper news sites. Or forums. Like this one.

Or their own. They have a forum and a website, that's what people go to first.

It's not the "pulse" of anything, just something they chose to use. If SE just had a MySpace account, would that be "the pulse" too?

• Xenx656Xenx656 Levant, MEPosts: 52Member
    Originally posted by Serondar
    Originally posted by JonnyBigBoss
    Originally posted by mysticalspam
    anyway to cancel preorder?  i was having fun and wanted to play but 3102 error for last 24 hours sofar.. i started playing another mmo now i am hooked on that. and dont want to waste time and  cash on FF 14. 

It's a stress test. You realize you were playing a BETA when it crashed, right?

You mean the beta that the developer said was more or less the finished product and that he himself called basically a free trial ? The beta that the character progress was supposed to carry over to launch, right ?

They called it a stress test, it is one.

Edit:  If you don't have Twitter, then yes, They are totally keeping you in the dark.

However, if you aren't living under a rock and DO have twitter they've been very communicative with their fan base. It seems like a lot of you have NO idea about how MMO game launches go.

They have not said a damn thing about this error at all

• JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon

Well then you can pretty much stop playing MMO´s then, as Twitter has been the direct communication platform in MMO´s for several years now during issues and maintenance.

It´s just how it is. It´s just easier for devs when they are in meetings, etc and can just tweet from their phone. Instead of having to go back to the computer to post on forums.

Please, give me a break. Twitter is just a transition platform. You can use any other (reddit) for the same purpose, or, you know, proper news sites. Or forums. Like this one.

Yep, and many companies use reddit too.

Hi-Rez uses Reddit as their official forums, you know the makers of SMITE?

Lots of companies use 3rd parties for their forums, because they host their Forums and their software servers on the same physical servers.  So if one is having errors the other is too. 

It is now common practice to have your official news be not on your official site.

As was mentioned in this very thread on the previous page.

This is NOT a stress test. It was NOT labeled as a stress test. It was SHORTENED to be a DEMO.

Originally posted by JeroKane

Well then you can pretty much stop playing MMO´s then, as Twitter has been the direct communication platform in MMO´s for several years now during issues and maintenance.

^

This, many many many recent MMOs have used Twitter as their source for news.

This has become the industry standard.

This is NOT a stress test. It was NOT labeled as a stress test. It was SHORTENED to be a DEMO.

Source with quote please.

Yoshi P said in the most recent live letter this was a stress test.

Lots of companies use 3rd parties for their forums, because they host their Forums and their software servers on the same physical servers.  So if one is having errors the other is too. 

It is now common practice to have your official news be not on your official site.

But you said Twitter is the pulse.

Not "general information website". Twitter. Like Twitter is superior to everything else. Explain that one to me.

(also, since when did Hi-Rez become a solid company?)

Funny, I got away with not using twitter this entire time. I found reddit much better in that department. It's far more customizable in terms of what information you can put on it and get from it, unlike Twitter, lol 40 word statuses or whatever.

Live letter so I don't know what to tell you. But that's why Japanese-only communication is unprofessional towards your NA playerbase.

Also, it's too short to be a stress test, so even if they call it one, it isn't one.

LOL! It is CLEARLY advertised as BETA PHASE 4! Aka Open Beta.

Seriously you people need to get a grip! and stop posting outright LIES! Just because there are issues and you feel like raging!

But you said Twitter is the pulse.

Not "general information website". Twitter. Like Twitter is superior to everything else. Explain that one to me.

(also, since when did Hi-Rez become a solid company?) Well, this is a matter of opinion I guess, but I've been a customer of theirs for over two years now, very professional company with well made games.

Funny, I got away with not using twitter this entire time. I found reddit much better in that department. It's far more customizable in terms of what information you can put on it and get from it, unlike Twitter, lol 40 word statuses or whatever.

Reddit

Twitter

It doesn't mater, now you are arguing semantics, and just being generally argumentative.

If you don't like how things are being done these days fine, but don't pretend that it happened over night or that you have no idea why it was done.

Look, I'm sorry, they dug their own hole.

They could have given people a week or even 2 to, yeah, you know, actually Test things.

But, no "the game is pretty much finished", let's make it a 3 day demo.

Whoops.

Reddit

Twitter

It doesn't mater, now you are arguing semantics, and just being generally argumentative.

It does matter, though. You can't call something the pulse if you can't specify something specific. It's an ugly term used to aggravate people who don't buy into the social media rubbish.

The "pulse" you are referring to is called the goddamn internet. It isn't twitter, reddit, or Facebook, or anything, it's the damn intertubes. Now shut up with your "in the know" rubbish.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Casselberry, FLPosts: 839Member

So let's getback on topic. I am still getting the 3102 error but do not fret. We have survivors on the JP servers. My suggestion? Do a full wipe of the servers and let us with early access start from level 1. Hell, most will just scrap the characters they have anyway eventhough they say they wont. I know that characters in my friends list will dissapear. Happens in every open beta.

Live letter so I don't know what to tell you. But that's why Japanese-only communication is unprofessional towards your NA playerbase. It was LIVE translated for you, sorry you were too lazy to keep up with the info...

Also, it's too short to be a stress test, so even if they call it one, it isn't one.  I had no idea you had reign and dominion over the definition of a stress test... I'll have to call you and ask you for permission if I ever do one.

You realize the LIVE translation was fan based and had errors in it, right? Which caused lots of confusion?

Stop defending unprofessionalism.

They could have given people a week or even 2 to, yeah, you know, actually Test things.

Whoops.

I seriously question if you've played an mmo before.

This open beta is the same as nearly every other mmo's open beta I've played since DAoC.

Whoops.

It doesn´t matter how you see it. The fact is that people are twisting things and posting outright lies!

Nowhere is the word DEMO mentioned! Only BETA PHASE 4, as what it is and the email you got with the testing schedule clearly said FINAL BETA and started with the words: "Dear Beta Tester, ..... "

But sure whatever! Keep on raging!

Next week, the game will launch. Then if you cannot login due to an error for 3 days with no communication, you can start complaining and raging.

You realize the LIVE translation was fan based and had errors in it, right? Which caused lots of confusion?

Stop defending unprofessionalism.

You DO realize that it wasn't translated by some RANDOM fan but by an OFFICIAL representative of SE?

He was made so by them...

He is a community rep, and equal to a "blue" poster on Blizzards site.

Again, you just sound like you really haven't the foggiest about what is going on...

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,221Member Uncommon
    Is this where P2P is higher quality?  The community doesn't look nicer that's for sure.  SE shouldn't get a pass.  They're taking money for the game.  The F2P games don't get a pass when they start taking money, so this game shouldn't either.
  • EhllfhireEhllfhire Sacramento, CAPosts: 597Member
    Still have 3102 along with most of the community, I see character wipes incoming :(

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Is this where P2P is higher quality?  The community doesn't look nicer that's for sure.  SE shouldn't get a pass.  They're taking money for the game.  The F2P games don't get a pass when they start taking money, so this game shouldn't either.

They are not taking any money until next week when early access / launch begins.

This weekend is the last beta weekend aka BETA PHASE 4!

You didn´t even have to pre-order to participate in this weekend, as it´s an Open Beta that was accessible since yesterday for everyone.

Nowhere is the word DEMO mentioned! Only BETA PHASE 4, as what it is and the email you got with the testing schedule clearly said FINAL BETA and started with the words: "Dear Beta Tester, ..... "

Like I said, I do not speak Japanese, which is why the whole thing is unprofessional. I have no idea what they said in Japanese. It's not my problem what they said in Japanese. My problem is the information the West had access to.

Which is this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QhmTw_8SRpJt99Vngqhsq5xjm5vuajyFhuuEXJYxmOo/edit?pli=1

"

f; in phase 4 please let us now the level cap and other that will be restricted

y; level cap is lower than phase 3, the cap is at level 20 for phase 4

y; the reason why is that this is more of a demo version where anyone in the world can play

y; so we don’t want to show too much at this point

"

If you have a different translation I'd like to see what it says.

Originally posted by Torvaldr

They took money?

When?

Its not the 27th yet, so it's not launch.

I'm confused as to why people are treating this game like this is the first time any of this happened.

Remember SWTOR?  SWG? TERA?

Those were all worse, and on their actual launches.

This is a stress test.

Also, generalizing the community based off what?  I've seen the best community since FFXI here, people helping each other out and being friendly and stopping to explain things to new players...

SE doesn't get a "free pass" this just isn't a big issue, and molehills aren't mountains.

Like I said, I do not speak Japanese, which is why the whole thing is unprofessional. I have no idea what they said in Japanese. It's not my problem what they said in Japanese. My problem is the information the West had access to.

Which is this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QhmTw_8SRpJt99Vngqhsq5xjm5vuajyFhuuEXJYxmOo/edit?pli=1

"

f; in phase 4 please let us now the level cap and other that will be restricted

y; level cap is lower than phase 3, the cap is at level 20 for phase 4

y; the reason why is that this is more of a demo version where anyone in the world can play

y; so we don’t want to show too much at this point

"

If you have a different translation I'd like to see what it says.

You don´t have to use any translation. There is a whole ENGLISH section in the Beta forums where everything is posted in ENGLISH.

This discussion has been closed.