Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login issues tonight. Says I'm already logged in. (3102 Thread!)

Comments

• mysticalspammysticalspam Member Posts: 64
    it was in the official SE site i preorder from

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    Only part thats really making them look bad is the fact that theyre not even trying to acknowledge this. Its just beta site is down and getting forwarded to the lodestone. Things been happening since OB started and its like they have no idea its even happening.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    If you ordered from SE itself in the letter they sent there are specific instructions that vary from the country you're in. It requires to send an email to support. Right now probably not the best thing to do as they are swamped.

• SerondarSerondar Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by JonnyBigBoss
    Originally posted by mysticalspam
    anyway to cancel preorder?  i was having fun and wanted to play but 3102 error for last 24 hours sofar.. i started playing another mmo now i am hooked on that. and dont want to waste time and  cash on FF 14. 

It's a stress test. You realize you were playing a BETA when it crashed, right?

You mean the beta that the developer said was more or less the finished product and that he himself called basically a free trial ? The beta that the character progress was supposed to carry over to launch, right ?

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607
    Originally posted by Serondar

You mean the beta that the developer said was more or less the finished product and that he himself called basically a free trial ? The beta that the character progress was supposed to carry over to launch, right ?

This. I'll be buying the game, but let's not get the developers off the hook here.

They deliberately made it short and called it a trial, it wasn't supposed to get tested much anymore. GW2 needed a month to stress test.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• mysticalspammysticalspam Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by kitarad
    If you ordered from SE itself in the letter they sent there are specific instructions that vary from the country you're in. It requires to send an email to support. Right now probably not the best thing to do as they are swamped.

it's canceled, original email had   find my order and it had a cancel button..... boom done....  good luck with this game.

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123

Got hit with it at 12:05 am, woke up at 9 something am and it's still there. Guess that's it for me.

I'm a little ticked off because I was right at level 15, getting ready to leave Thanaian. I was actually anticipating what the non tutorial part of the game would be like so I can figure if I was going stick to this game but there's no way of knowing now, at least not for a while.

Urgh.

• MishakaiMishakai Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by NagelRitter

This. I'll be buying the game, but let's not get the developers off the hook here.

They deliberately made it short and called it a trial, it wasn't supposed to get tested much anymore. GW2 needed a month to stress test.

Yeah, and with everything carrying over and right now me having 0 response from SE in 12 hours, I have a growing concern that when early access does start up (24th.. oops on wrong date earlier).. I'll try to login to the game and still see the same error on both of my 1.0 accounts.  Not a happy camper.  I understand errors, and can let bugs slide.. but this current black hole of communication from SE is really getting under my skin.

• physicsdorkphysicsdork Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Kayo45
    Only part thats really making them look bad is the fact that theyre not even trying to acknowledge this. Its just beta site is down and getting forwarded to the lodestone. Things been happening since OB started and its like they have no idea its even happening.

^ This is what pisses me off, not the fact that I cannot login. I would rather them have these issues now and get them fixed before early release. It's their utter lack of any communication or acknowledgement that there is a problem and that it is being addressed. There is no information about it on the launcher and you cannot even check the forums about it anymore. The one thread they had about it was started the first day of open beta and had over 8,000 replies around the time that the forums were brought down (and are still down).

Also, they've suspended new characters on all of the NA servers so I cannot even use a second account to make another character to play with wife and friends. I was so looking forward to making  a character named Thirtyone Zerotwo to play for the rest of beta.

• GressGress Member Posts: 12
    too many post to read , but is anyone else getting hit with some other message when they try to make another toon on one of those new worlds?
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by Gress
    too many post to read , but is anyone else getting hit with some other message when they try to make another toon on one of those new worlds?

Yes. Use the JP server Ultros. We have hundreds of 3102 survivors over there.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    anyway to cancel preorder?  i was having fun and wanted to play but 3102 error for last 24 hours sofar.. i started playing another mmo now i am hooked on that. and dont want to waste time and  cash on FF 14. 

They called it a stress test, it is one.

Edit:  If you don't have Twitter, then yes, They are totally keeping you in the dark.

However, if you aren't living under a rock and DO have twitter they've been very communicative with their fan base. It seems like a lot of you have NO idea about how MMO game launches go.

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

Edit:  If you don't have Twitter, then yes, They are totally keeping you in the dark.

However, if you aren't living under a rock and DO have twitter they've been very communicative with their fan base. It seems like a lot of you have NO idea about how MMO game launches go.

I keep looking at their twitter and test time they mentioned the error was when the forums were up. Am I missing something?

Originally posted by Br3akingDawn

-_- their last tweet that might be concerning the issue was 8hrs+ ago....

Twitter has this handy dandy translate feature....

They are Japanese...

Follow their JAPANESE twitter, and have it translate for you.

I didn't realize that not using Twitter made you live under a rock.

Using a third party communication platform to communicate with your playerbase in only one language is unprofessional at best. It's right up there with making people fix your checksum errors. We are not supposed to do any of those things.

Using a third party communication platform to communicate with your playerbase in only one language is unprofessional at best. It's right up there with making people fix your checksum errors. We are not supposed to do any of those things.

Kinda... yeah.

Twitter is the pulse, if you want to be 'in the know' then you gotta have your finger on the pulse.

Twitter is the pulse, if you want to be 'in the know' then you gotta have your finger on the pulse.

Please, give me a break. Twitter is just a transition platform. You can use any other (reddit) for the same purpose, or, you know, proper news sites. Or forums. Like this one.

Or their own. They have a forum and a website, that's what people go to first.

It's not the "pulse" of anything, just something they chose to use. If SE just had a MySpace account, would that be "the pulse" too?

• Xenx656Xenx656 Member UncommonPosts: 55

They have not said a damn thing about this error at all

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Well then you can pretty much stop playing MMO´s then, as Twitter has been the direct communication platform in MMO´s for several years now during issues and maintenance.

It´s just how it is. It´s just easier for devs when they are in meetings, etc and can just tweet from their phone. Instead of having to go back to the computer to post on forums.

Please, give me a break. Twitter is just a transition platform. You can use any other (reddit) for the same purpose, or, you know, proper news sites. Or forums. Like this one.

Yep, and many companies use reddit too.

Hi-Rez uses Reddit as their official forums, you know the makers of SMITE?

Lots of companies use 3rd parties for their forums, because they host their Forums and their software servers on the same physical servers.  So if one is having errors the other is too. 

It is now common practice to have your official news be not on your official site.

As was mentioned in this very thread on the previous page.

This is NOT a stress test. It was NOT labeled as a stress test. It was SHORTENED to be a DEMO.

Originally posted by JeroKane

Well then you can pretty much stop playing MMO´s then, as Twitter has been the direct communication platform in MMO´s for several years now during issues and maintenance.

^

This, many many many recent MMOs have used Twitter as their source for news.

This has become the industry standard.

This is NOT a stress test. It was NOT labeled as a stress test. It was SHORTENED to be a DEMO.

Source with quote please.

Yoshi P said in the most recent live letter this was a stress test.

Yep, and many companies use reddit too.

Hi-Rez uses Reddit as their official forums, you know the makers of SMITE?

Lots of companies use 3rd parties for their forums, because they host their Forums and their software servers on the same physical servers.  So if one is having errors the other is too. 

It is now common practice to have your official news be not on your official site.

But you said Twitter is the pulse.

Not "general information website". Twitter. Like Twitter is superior to everything else. Explain that one to me.

(also, since when did Hi-Rez become a solid company?)

Originally posted by JeroKane

Funny, I got away with not using twitter this entire time. I found reddit much better in that department. It's far more customizable in terms of what information you can put on it and get from it, unlike Twitter, lol 40 word statuses or whatever.

Source with quote please.

Yoshi P said in the most recent live letter this was a stress test.

Live letter so I don't know what to tell you. But that's why Japanese-only communication is unprofessional towards your NA playerbase.

Also, it's too short to be a stress test, so even if they call it one, it isn't one.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

LOL! It is CLEARLY advertised as BETA PHASE 4! Aka Open Beta.

Seriously you people need to get a grip! and stop posting outright LIES! Just because there are issues and you feel like raging!

This discussion has been closed.