Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login issues tonight. Says I'm already logged in. (3102 Thread!)

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Drithe
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by TheRealDarkeus
    Originally posted by twrule
    Lucky you.  I can't even get the launcher to connect to the version check server....  Looks like no open beta for me....

That's definitely a totally separate issue...that may have a chance of being fixed sooner.

Man I hope so....

This is not an issue, but intentional!

You have to download the NEW release Client! The beta Client no longer Works.

How do you do that on the PS3? Erase the original download and start over? I would think not.

No idea how it Works on the PS3.

I got the exact same error on the PC and found out I had to delete the beta Client and download the New release Client.

I expect it to be the same for the PS3 tho. Just delete the Client and redownload.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Lucky you.  I can't even get the launcher to connect to the version check server....  Looks like no open beta for me....

That's definitely a totally separate issue...that may have a chance of being fixed sooner.

Man I hope so....

How do you do that on the PS3? Erase the original download and start over? I would think not.

I got the exact same error on the PC and found out I had to delete the beta Client and download the New release Client.

I expect it to be the same for the PS3 tho. Just delete the Client and redownload.

The client released for the open beta looks the same as the old one, which is probably why you thought this....but that's wrong.  This is happening to people with the new client.

• PanossianPanossian Member Posts: 94

A fun day of play ends in fail......http://youtu.be/M54o7D6WO4Y

Current Game FFXIV (Cactuar)
    Looking for 1 healer for 8 mans.

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794
    It looks like its not either server or account issue. Its the datacenter. I can log in fine on JP character but all servers, new or old are affected by this bug for me :/

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• DritheDrithe Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Still cant get on.  What a crock. Fuck you SquareEnix!
  • ZeroPointNRGZeroPointNRG Member Posts: 70
    What's disconcerting to me is that some are saying that this error existed in some form, (same error number), all the way back in 2010. That's a long time without a fix. Also, the fact that their website architecture is incapable of handling traffic makes them look a bit amateurish. 
    Originally posted by ZeroPointNRG
    What's disconcerting to me is that some are saying that this error existed in some form, (same error number), all the way back in 2010. That's a long time without a fix. Also, the fact that their website architecture is incapable of handling traffic makes them look a bit amateurish. 

Thats a diferent error. This one is datacenter related, the one back then was server related. But we get same error msg for both.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

the game is handling the traffic ok but this bug is the first itme it has appeared probly due to the stress they should have it fixed by ea

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Khebeln

Thats a diferent error. This one is datacenter related, the one back then was server related. But we get same error msg for both.

yea i was thinking the same thing since the jap date centers arent having the issues (think its due to they having much more time with them servers than ares

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

A little surprised this hasn't been fixed at this point.

Originally posted by Justsomenoob

A little surprised this hasn't been fixed at this point.

Duno whats the issue but last time i checked before servers died they had 9000+ posts with names and servers in the sticky topic to post people affected by the issue. That was somewhere around 6am in the morning GMT.

• BrialynBrialyn Member Posts: 184
    *sigh* 11 hours later and I still can't log in due to this error.  Kinda sucks, hope it gets fixed.  This has been a really buggy beta, phase 3 was much smoother.  I'm sure they are working hard but yeah, I'm disappointed. 

Currently Playing: FFXIV:ARR
    Looking Forward to: Wildstar
  • MishakaiMishakai Member Posts: 105

/raises hand..

Happened to me and wife last night too.  Been locked out for almost 12 hours now.  Considering data is supposed to carry over from this beta phase to release, I'm a bit pissed. 

I'd say this counts as a big enough technical roadblock to rollback changes after phase4 and start early access fresh.

• ZeroPointNRGZeroPointNRG Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by Raxeon

the game is handling the traffic ok but this bug is the first itme it has appeared probly due to the stress they should have it fixed by ea

As far as traffic is concerned, I was referring to the website, not the game. The website has been down for over 8 hours. 

http://forum.square-enix.com/xivr_sorry.html

Originally posted by Mishakai

/raises hand..

Happened to me and wife last night too.  Been locked out for almost 12 hours now.  Considering data is supposed to carry over from this beta phase to release, I'm a bit pissed. 

I'd say this counts as a big enough technical roadblock to rollback changes after phase4 and start early access fresh.

Highly unlikely as its not an exploit, or character related issue. Its datacenter/Account related.

And some people are stuck for 48h already and i have yet to hear about anyone having it fixed.

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    When I was able ti play the game was terrific. But I'm in the same boat as all of you are inn but I'm not complaining because this is supposed to happen during the beta so it doesn't happen at launch when we are actual paying customers. When I was on there were tons of players on without an ounce of lag so I would say the servers are doing well. Its just a bug that will get squashed hopefully before launch.
  • Smitty88Smitty88 Member Posts: 103
    Yeah I agree this stuff does happen during beta but usually things get fixed and there's a little bit of communication. Looks to me SE is like to hell with it let's wait till head start/release.
  • MishakaiMishakai Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by slicknslim88
    When I was able ti play the game was terrific. But I'm in the same boat as all of you are inn but I'm not complaining because this is supposed to happen during the beta so it doesn't happen at launch when we are actual paying customers. When I was on there were tons of players on without an ounce of lag so I would say the servers are doing well. Its just a bug that will get squashed hopefully before launch.

Early access starts at midnight the 20th I believe, that's less time than some people have been locked out for.  I'm sure they're working on it, but so far, all I've seen is error codes and website down messages. 

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    For those who are going to buy and play this game I feel awful for them the rest who never intended to it was probably no big loss. I hope they fix this soon.
    Chamber of Chains
  • slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    Originally posted by Mishakai
    Originally posted by slicknslim88

Early access starts at midnight the 20th I believe, that's less time than some people have been locked out for.  I'm sure they're working on it, but so far, all I've seen is error codes and website down messages. 

Early access is actually on August 24th bud.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Kajidourden

Man I hope so....

The client released for the open beta looks the same as the old one, which is probably why you thought this....but that's wrong.  This is happening to people with the new client.

Nope! At least not on PC!

The old Beta client installed in a FFXIV folder with a -BETA tag.

The new Release client installs in a new FFXIV folder that no longer has the -BETA tag.

Again. I don´t own a PS3, so don´t know how it is on PS3. All I said is, that I had the exact same error with the old Beta client friday as you guys now have on PS3.

I fixed it, by deleting the old Beta client and download the new release client.

• mysticalspammysticalspam Member Posts: 64
    anyway to cancel preorder?  i was having fun and wanted to play but 3102 error for last 24 hours sofar.. i started playing another mmo now i am hooked on that. and dont want to waste time and  cash on FF 14. 

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by mysticalspam
    anyway to cancel preorder?  i was having fun and wanted to play but 3102 error for last 24 hours sofar.. i started playing another mmo now i am hooked on that. and dont want to waste time and  cash on FF 14. 

Depends where you preordered from.

If it was from amazon, you can probably login to your account and just cancel it since I don't think you've been charged yet.

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293

Even Warcraft servers lag to no end when something in game happens and everyone goes to the forums to rage or find out what happened.  This happens to every website when they get overloaded with more users than it was meant to have. As for the game, I dont really expect to play for the remainder of OB. Whatever is going on, they dont really seem to have it on priority to fix before beta is over. Best we can hope for is that its taken care of by next weekend.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702
    Originally posted by mysticalspam

It's a stress test. You realize you were playing a BETA when it crashed, right?

This discussion has been closed.