Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Login issues tonight. Says I'm already logged in. (3102 Thread!)

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Rome Posts: 3,002Member Uncommon
    For those who are going to buy and play this game I feel awful for them the rest who never intended to it was probably no big loss. I hope they fix this soon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,357Member Uncommon

Got hit by this last night 940pm ish....... it is now next day 837am.... WTHell!!!!? not. having a good day!!

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Norfolk, VAPosts: 394Member
    Originally posted by Mishakai
    Originally posted by slicknslim88
    When I was able ti play the game was terrific. But I'm in the same boat as all of you are inn but I'm not complaining because this is supposed to happen during the beta so it doesn't happen at launch when we are actual paying customers. When I was on there were tons of players on without an ounce of lag so I would say the servers are doing well. Its just a bug that will get squashed hopefully before launch.

Early access starts at midnight the 20th I believe, that's less time than some people have been locked out for.  I'm sure they're working on it, but so far, all I've seen is error codes and website down messages. 

Early access is actually on August 24th bud.

Originally posted by Mishakai
    Originally posted by slicknslim88
    When I was able ti play the game was terrific. But I'm in the same boat as all of you are inn but I'm not complaining because this is supposed to happen during the beta so it doesn't happen at launch when we are actual paying customers. When I was on there were tons of players on without an ounce of lag so I would say the servers are doing well. Its just a bug that will get squashed hopefully before launch.

Early access starts at midnight the 20th I believe, that's less time than some people have been locked out for.  I'm sure they're working on it, but so far, all I've seen is error codes and website down messages. 

Sir, don't mean no respect but Early access starts the 24th. 20th is just for registering preorder codes and such for NA/EU.

• JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kajidourden
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Drithe
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by TheRealDarkeus
    Originally posted by twrule
    Originally posted by TheRealDarkeus
    Lucky you.  I can't even get the launcher to connect to the version check server....  Looks like no open beta for me....

That's definitely a totally separate issue...that may have a chance of being fixed sooner.

Man I hope so....

This is not an issue, but intentional!

You have to download the NEW release Client! The beta Client no longer Works.

How do you do that on the PS3? Erase the original download and start over? I would think not.

No idea how it Works on the PS3.

I got the exact same error on the PC and found out I had to delete the beta Client and download the New release Client.

I expect it to be the same for the PS3 tho. Just delete the Client and redownload.

The client released for the open beta looks the same as the old one, which is probably why you thought this....but that's wrong.  This is happening to people with the new client.

Nope! At least not on PC!

The old Beta client installed in a FFXIV folder with a -BETA tag.

The new Release client installs in a new FFXIV folder that no longer has the -BETA tag.

Again. I don´t own a PS3, so don´t know how it is on PS3. All I said is, that I had the exact same error with the old Beta client friday as you guys now have on PS3.

I fixed it, by deleting the old Beta client and download the new release client.

• mysticalspammysticalspam prairieville, LAPosts: 64Member
    anyway to cancel preorder?  i was having fun and wanted to play but 3102 error for last 24 hours sofar.. i started playing another mmo now i am hooked on that. and dont want to waste time and  cash on FF 14. 

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob lexington, KYPosts: 871Member
    Originally posted by mysticalspam
    anyway to cancel preorder?  i was having fun and wanted to play but 3102 error for last 24 hours sofar.. i started playing another mmo now i am hooked on that. and dont want to waste time and  cash on FF 14. 

Depends where you preordered from.

If it was from amazon, you can probably login to your account and just cancel it since I don't think you've been charged yet.

• Kayo45Kayo45 Neverland, AKPosts: 293Member
    Originally posted by ZeroPointNRG
    What's disconcerting to me is that some are saying that this error existed in some form, (same error number), all the way back in 2010. That's a long time without a fix. Also, the fact that their website architecture is incapable of handling traffic makes them look a bit amateurish. 

Even Warcraft servers lag to no end when something in game happens and everyone goes to the forums to rage or find out what happened.  This happens to every website when they get overloaded with more users than it was meant to have. As for the game, I dont really expect to play for the remainder of OB. Whatever is going on, they dont really seem to have it on priority to fix before beta is over. Best we can hope for is that its taken care of by next weekend.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Murrieta, CAPosts: 699Member

It's a stress test. You realize you were playing a BETA when it crashed, right?

it was in the official SE site i preorder from

• Kayo45Kayo45 Neverland, AKPosts: 293Member
    Only part thats really making them look bad is the fact that theyre not even trying to acknowledge this. Its just beta site is down and getting forwarded to the lodestone. Things been happening since OB started and its like they have no idea its even happening.

you might have a "pending" charge on your credit card statement online. I go dispute that if contacting SE is a pain. But you are in a "beta" still. i would be expecting bugs like this still in today's standard mmo testing. Now if you couldnt get into early access the 24th and beyond... I'd rage and get my refund or cancel.

• kitaradkitarad RomePosts: 1,744Member Uncommon
    If you ordered from SE itself in the letter they sent there are specific instructions that vary from the country you're in. It requires to send an email to support. Right now probably not the best thing to do as they are swamped.

• SerondarSerondar na, NEPosts: 8Member
    Originally posted by JonnyBigBoss

You mean the beta that the developer said was more or less the finished product and that he himself called basically a free trial ? The beta that the character progress was supposed to carry over to launch, right ?

• NagelRitterNagelRitter fewefw, CTPosts: 607Member
    Originally posted by Serondar

You mean the beta that the developer said was more or less the finished product and that he himself called basically a free trial ? The beta that the character progress was supposed to carry over to launch, right ?

This. I'll be buying the game, but let's not get the developers off the hook here.

They deliberately made it short and called it a trial, it wasn't supposed to get tested much anymore. GW2 needed a month to stress test.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

Originally posted by kitarad
    If you ordered from SE itself in the letter they sent there are specific instructions that vary from the country you're in. It requires to send an email to support. Right now probably not the best thing to do as they are swamped.

it's canceled, original email had   find my order and it had a cancel button..... boom done....  good luck with this game.

• faiyofaiyo |||COL|||1, TNPosts: 123Member

Got hit with it at 12:05 am, woke up at 9 something am and it's still there. Guess that's it for me.

I'm a little ticked off because I was right at level 15, getting ready to leave Thanaian. I was actually anticipating what the non tutorial part of the game would be like so I can figure if I was going stick to this game but there's no way of knowing now, at least not for a while.

Urgh.

• MishakaiMishakai westminster, COPosts: 105Member
    Originally posted by NagelRitter

This. I'll be buying the game, but let's not get the developers off the hook here.

They deliberately made it short and called it a trial, it wasn't supposed to get tested much anymore. GW2 needed a month to stress test.

Yeah, and with everything carrying over and right now me having 0 response from SE in 12 hours, I have a growing concern that when early access does start up (24th.. oops on wrong date earlier).. I'll try to login to the game and still see the same error on both of my 1.0 accounts.  Not a happy camper.  I understand errors, and can let bugs slide.. but this current black hole of communication from SE is really getting under my skin.

• physicsdorkphysicsdork Grand Rapids, MIPosts: 1Member
    Originally posted by Kayo45
    Only part thats really making them look bad is the fact that theyre not even trying to acknowledge this. Its just beta site is down and getting forwarded to the lodestone. Things been happening since OB started and its like they have no idea its even happening.

^ This is what pisses me off, not the fact that I cannot login. I would rather them have these issues now and get them fixed before early release. It's their utter lack of any communication or acknowledgement that there is a problem and that it is being addressed. There is no information about it on the launcher and you cannot even check the forums about it anymore. The one thread they had about it was started the first day of open beta and had over 8,000 replies around the time that the forums were brought down (and are still down).

Also, they've suspended new characters on all of the NA servers so I cannot even use a second account to make another character to play with wife and friends. I was so looking forward to making  a character named Thirtyone Zerotwo to play for the rest of beta.

• GressGress L, BCPosts: 12Member
    too many post to read , but is anyone else getting hit with some other message when they try to make another toon on one of those new worlds?
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Casselberry, FLPosts: 839Member

Originally posted by Gress
    too many post to read , but is anyone else getting hit with some other message when they try to make another toon on one of those new worlds?

Yes. Use the JP server Ultros. We have hundreds of 3102 survivors over there.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Dublin, OHPosts: 3,415Member Uncommon

They called it a stress test, it is one.

Edit:  If you don't have Twitter, then yes, They are totally keeping you in the dark.

However, if you aren't living under a rock and DO have twitter they've been very communicative with their fan base. It seems like a lot of you have NO idea about how MMO game launches go.

• faiyofaiyo |||COL|||1, TNPosts: 123Member
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

Edit:  If you don't have Twitter, then yes, They are totally keeping you in the dark.

However, if you aren't living under a rock and DO have twitter they've been very communicative with their fan base. It seems like a lot of you have NO idea about how MMO game launches go.

I keep looking at their twitter and test time they mentioned the error was when the forums were up. Am I missing something?

-_- their last tweet that might be concerning the issue was 8hrs+ ago....

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Dublin, OHPosts: 3,415Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Br3akingDawn

-_- their last tweet that might be concerning the issue was 8hrs+ ago....

Twitter has this handy dandy translate feature....

They are Japanese...

Follow their JAPANESE twitter, and have it translate for you.

This discussion has been closed.