Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF WoW2 was announced by Blizzard! Your first thought would be?

Comments

• MattatronMattatron Member Posts: 226
    Originally posted by Miklosan

What would your spontaneous reaction be, your first thought, your first musclereaction on your keyboard?

The world's virgin count will remain high and I will invest in Mountain Dew.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737
    People would expect WoW in a new skin with better graphics.....This is probably what has people ticked off about EQN..... Using a major franchise name people have expectations.....If they made a WoW2 people wouldn't expect the bastard child of GW2 and Minecraft.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

"why would they kill their own company / game by introducing a competing product?"  That would be my first thought.

Then I'd think "Oh thank God I'm dreaming"

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• zephyrszephyrs Member UncommonPosts: 27
    If it was like Vanilla/BC pre-super easy mode WoW, then I'd be interested. 
  • KaoftheRoseKaoftheRose Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Originally posted by Axehilt

My reaction would be "Wow" but in context it would be more like "Wow, this is a company who's made nearly all the right decisions over the years and instead of creating something new with Titan they somehow decided to go with WOW2. Unexpected."  It would be a red flag on the game's quality before I heard anything else about it.

But 5-10 years from now when WOW2 does get announced I will be genuinely excited for it

rofl what? they havent made a good decision for wow since the release of TBC....

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    My thought would be, o boy another game that hand feeds you everythong on a silver platter while the game plays itself for you, I PASS!!!
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    "Whatever"
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,741

"There goes the sandbox revival"

"F2P lovers will be crying themselves to sleep tonight"

"Welcome to a second decade of slavery to the WoW template"

"Have I got to get used to lame cartoony graphics again?"

Not sure what thought would come first though.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    simple -  "What will it offer?"
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Benedikt
    simple -  "What will it offer?"

From Blizz ... probably fun.

I highly doubt they will go the old wow route though.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    *Favored 4 letter Vulgarity* Well, there went any hope for World of StarCraft.
  • uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128
    "Meh"
  • Grimlock426Grimlock426 Member Posts: 159

I would jump for joy, do back flips and shout with glee from the highest roof tops!  Even though I am not currently playing WoW, I still love the game and love Blizzard!

Count me as someone who thinks Blizzard is crazy NOT to make a WoW 2.  WoW is still the top revenue producing MMO, but the writing is clearly on the wall that the game is in decline.  I don't see anything reversing the trend for subscription numbers to keep dropping.  Knowing that a WoW 2, even if it was created based on tech developed from Project Titan, would still be 3-5 years away, it's perfect timing. 

You don't wait until your cash cow is dead and then start developing a new game.  You start developing the new game when you can project that it's failing, but still has some time left.  By the time WoW 2 came to market, original WoW would be down significantly and people would be ready for the new incarnation of WoW.

Do I think it will happen?  No, not really, but I can hope!

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by Miklosan

This is a lovely site covering all mmo's outhere. But one game seems to be bashed more than others and that game is World of Warcraft!  But let's face it: That very game was a huge success and still is today... but let's not talk about that very game.....

What if Blizzard announced World of Warcraft 2?? 

Sure, it's project Titan and it's NOT another wow game or similar but if..........   IF??

What would your spontaneous reaction be, your first thought, your first musclereaction on your keyboard?

WHat would be my response? Finally all the closet WoW Fanboy's and girls can stop looking for the mythical "WOW Clone" because Blizzard has just announced they are making it.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Where is the "meh!" option?

I will be curious, but I've been disappointed so many times by MMOs (including WoW), at various points in their life cycles that I just don't care about a game until I can play it.

"Super awesome new MMO coming in 3 years! - Great, remind me again in 3 years...

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    If Blizzard are really smart (and there's evidence they are), their new game will never be WoW 2... but more something like "Universe of Starcraft". Diablo would be too close to WoW either, so I exclude the "World of Diablo" option.

I'm totally on-board with this.  Blizzard has a fantasy-based game already, it would make more sense to address another genre with their next game.  After all, there's no real reason to move 6-8 million customers from one game to a similar game.

I'd also suggest that we might expect a different art-style from WoW, also.   It makes sense for Blizzard's next entry to look more realistic than previous games.

I can't wait to see the South Park parody!

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    April 1st already?
  • SephastusSephastus Member UncommonPosts: 455

First honest to goodness reaction of "WoW 2", (Ala EQ2): Are they idiots??

Making WoW 2, is shooting their milking cow to make burgers... a stupid as heck move.

Now, if Project Titan is something completely UnWoW like, I would be curious and would follow its announcement through alpha, beta, and will even try it out. I don't care what company makes a game, since to me, brand means very little. (Yes, I am the type of person that gets generic cereals and medicine to save a couple dollars.)

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Buy buy buy
  • HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242

Only poll options for fanbois and haters?

What about common sense, wait, watch & see?

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100

Wasnt it stated it would be a new IP? Or am I mixing things up with another game.

*edit: I understand this post is asking what if Titan was WoW2, I am just curious. I actually voted that I'd follow beta and what. While I am not big fan of WoW, they'd still have my attention.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Wow2 = the he world of the titans on a dark universe where old gods rule - now that would be fun.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    Next!

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IkonicIkonic Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Wonder what new features Blizzard designed and then realize it is Blizzard...