Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login issues tonight. Says I'm already logged in. (3102 Thread!)

Comments

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251
    Originally posted by Shaike
    completely irrelevent but i just want to know - will there be a wipe? will we be able to keep names?

No, no wipe - everything you do now carries over into the main game.

If you meant to ask whether this error could incite SE to wipe - I don't think so. No one is exploiting due to this or anything, it's just preventing people from playing. If anything, SE might apologize by giving us an extra day of beta or something (ideally).

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I guess I'll play some FFVIII on my PS Vita until this clears up. I need a final fantasy fix!

• DritheDrithe Member UncommonPosts: 55
    No luck for me. Still getting same error message. 3102 error!
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Still locked out! WTF I want to play so bad. God I hope they dont have to wipe the servers. They did say they would if serious problems permitted them too. Cross your fingers they don't!

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Yeah, still cannot even connect to the Version check server.
  • EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    still have 3102 error

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

Originally posted by Br3akingDawn
    Originally posted by TheRealDarkeus
    Yeah, still cannot even connect to the Version check server.

version check, u sure you have the right client?

I downloaded it from their site.  So if I don't, they have the wrong stuff up in the beta forums.  :-)

Well, got it to work.....  For now.
  • NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    I assume this is what they're fixing today for the NA/EU servers.  Don't know when exactly it will let people back in though.
    Originally posted by Br3akingDawn

Still getting 3102, and worse... my server is off the new list now..

At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance. During this period, the Worlds listed below will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
    Aug. 18, 2013 from 12:30 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Worlds]
    -Typhon World
    -Ultima World
    -Hades World
    -Ramuh World
    -Atomos World
    -Ridill World
    -Anima World
    -Alexander World
    -Titan World
    -Fenrir World
    -Ifrit World
    -Tiamat World
    -Garuda World
    -Carbuncle World
    -Tonberry World
    -Mandragora World
    -Bahamut World
    -Aegis World
    -Durandal World
    -Gungnir World
    -Masamune World
    -Chocobo World

All those worlds are different from the first set, at a glance - this is a separate initiation of maintenance.

Since the first set has not been confirmed as ending yet, I assume that it is running long - sit tight guys.

Originally posted by NetSage
    I assume this is what they're fixing today for the NA/EU servers.  Don't know when exactly it will let people back in though.

It had better be - I can tell you that it was the 3102 people who crashed their forums lol. There was a huge influx of them around 9:30-10ish PST, I barely got my post on the 3102 sticky thread in, reporting my error, before it crashed, and it took forever to load each page at that point, with a lot of errors...

• SkylightFortressSkylightFortress Member Posts: 34

Same thing here, got kicked out around 11pm my time and haven't been able to get back in, says I'm already logged in. Hopefully they fix it soon, we only get so many open beta days, it would be sad if a whole open beta night is wasted while they fix things =d

Originally posted by Gormogon

Stop overreacting.  IT'S BETA.  9,000 out of 9 million people is nothing.  Get a better computer/connection.  I'm not having any issues because I actually spent more than $5 on a computer and internet connection.   There's always the Japanese servers too, so it's not like you can't play.   Geez, I can't wait until the game launches so these trolls playing the game for free GTFO with their entitled BS.

( Did I do that right?  I wanted to see what that felt like. )

Anyway yeah, 3102ed also.

Its hard not to react angrily to your post so I'll do my best:

You saying that its because of cheap computers, but I say impossible sir. I spent almost 2 grand on my computer and I am having these issues myself. Furthermore, for someone to claim computer knowledge and then in the same sentence show their lack of it, is just sad.

The characters stuck on the server is a complete server error, and has nothing to do with the PC at all. 

I do hope you take some of your own advice and stop trolling people who just want to play the game, because why else are you here if your game is working so fine, go play. 

meh, fine. Still.
  • GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by SkylightFortress
    meh, fine. Still.

lol, yeah, sorry.  I had all that garbage thrown in my face tonight RE: 3102.  I didn't want you guys to miss it.  ;)

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Guy's were all on edge with this so lets just be patient.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    I sense character wipe :(

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • PluppetsPluppets Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire

Since you keep posting this tin foil hogwash, lemme explain a few things--

Databases.  No one designs anything using a single database.  They use a number of linked relational databases, each of which stores certain facets of data organized based on things like intended use, exigency, and latency.

For example, there is an in-memory database for npc sessions.  Each NPC has a location, tween route, current HP, status, etc.  Your character data, inventory, and achievements might share a common database, but even that isn't 100% likely.

Soo, logon issues have nothing to do with your character progression.  Can you see your character at the logon page, complete with appearance, gear, and level info?  Yeah, no.  They're not going to have to wipe over a logon bug.

This should help you feel super kawaii!

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire

sounds more like you long for a character wipe.

Sorry, just because you can't play doesn't mean that they should wipe the servers.

It is 5.25 AM EST and I still cant get on.
  • sharpshadesharpshade Member UncommonPosts: 58
    lol Drithe! Another insomniac I love it! Yeah 5:37am here, just can't sleep. I seriously don't think they're going to fix the 3102 error by the end of Open Beta. My plan is to take a shower here in a little bit, grab some cereal and make a new toon on Japanese server and get my fix. =)
    I  cant even make a new character on the Japanese servers. :(
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by twrule
    Lucky you.  I can't even get the launcher to connect to the version check server....  Looks like no open beta for me....

That's definitely a totally separate issue...that may have a chance of being fixed sooner.

Man I hope so....

This is not an issue, but intentional!

You have to download the NEW release Client! The beta Client no longer Works.

Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by twrule
    Lucky you.  I can't even get the launcher to connect to the version check server....  Looks like no open beta for me....

That's definitely a totally separate issue...that may have a chance of being fixed sooner.

Man I hope so....

This is not an issue, but intentional!

You have to download the NEW release Client! The beta Client no longer Works.

How do you do that on the PS3? Erase the original download and start over? I would think not.

This discussion has been closed.