Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF WoW2 was announced by Blizzard! Your first thought would be?

This is a lovely site covering all mmo's outhere. But one game seems to be bashed more than others and that game is World of Warcraft!  But let's face it: That very game was a huge success and still is today... but let's not talk about that very game.....

What if Blizzard announced World of Warcraft 2?? 

Sure, it's project Titan and it's NOT another wow game or similar but if..........   IF??

What would your spontaneous reaction be, your first thought, your first musclereaction on your keyboard?

Comments

• VigilianceVigiliance Member UncommonPosts: 213

They'd really have to sell me on how their game is going to be different.

If they don't dramatically change their game philosophy with project Titan.. then I doubt ill be purchasing that either.

Just because its made by Blizzard does mean its going to be an Automatic purchase. Sure it'll catch my eye because my experience with blizzard over all is positive, although in the last year or so that has slowly been changing but still overall positive.

• WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216

WoW Clone!!

Edit: Should be an option on the poll.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I think this just about sums it up:)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

If this meant Vanilla WoW 2.0 I would rejoice!

But it'd probably mean Modern WoW 2.0 screw that.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    There won't be a WoW 2 until WoW stops receiving updates.  Otherwise they would have to receive the same updates for lore to work.
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Finally.
  • AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

My reaction would be "Wow" but in context it would be more like "Wow, this is a company who's made nearly all the right decisions over the years and instead of creating something new with Titan they somehow decided to go with WOW2. Unexpected."  It would be a red flag on the game's quality before I heard anything else about it.

But 5-10 years from now when WOW2 does get announced I will be genuinely excited for it

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

First thought: what's the business model?

Second thought: what do they want to do in a new game that can't be just patched into/over the current game?

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    What time does Whataburger stop serving breakfast?
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    My response would be to check the calendar to see if it was April 1st, because it would be an incredibly stupid business decision to release WoW 2 while original WoW is still the top earning MMO on the market...
  • SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Originally posted by Miklosan

What would your spontaneous reaction be, your first thought...?

how much of EQN would have they copied? 98% or 99%?

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    April fools!!

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    Better not fuck it up this time with ultra casual content that strips it of all its original, unique feel and leaves it as a shallow ultra liberal mess.
  • VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Bribe the government to open up on blizzard's headquarters with a missle strike.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Same thing as every other mmo....wait and see what it ends up looking like.

I don't get " wowed!! " anymore by dev talk.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    All Blizzard products are of the highest quallity, if the game is my kind of cup? i do not know, but i would be interested and start follwing it as i do with all MMOs that catch my interest during development.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• KuviskiKuviski Member UncommonPosts: 215

I would expect it to resemble the modern game more than the game in it's first years,which would not make me interested in any way.

And it would probably be "free" to play too, which is a deal breaker for me.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

I don't see a WoW 2 being created unless subs dip below 1-2 million.

That's still an insane amount of revenue.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,346
    Maybe it will be a WoW-killer?  :D
  • KaledrenKaledren Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Even tough I am not real fond of Blizzard and/or WoW.....I'd be happy knowing that WoW2 would have a lot of potential to pull all the undesirables to it and maybe allow a more niche MMORPG to be created without all the whining and chest pounding to change things and  make it another cookie cutter clone.
  • VigilianceVigiliance Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Originally posted by dreamsofwar
    Better not fuck it up this time with ultra casual content that strips it of all its original, unique feel and leaves it as a shallow ultra liberal mess.

lol, your bringing back a lot of mixed feelings of nostalgia and disappointment.. .because your right..

God the descent that game took.. and how it kept you hanging on.. hoping.. maybe maybe.. .the game will stop becoming dumbed down and stream lined for the lowest common denominator... Fuck.... its not..

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

My first thought is that Blizz has gone insane. Clearly, another wow-like MMO is not the trend of the market. Their next game probably should not even be a MMO by the classical definition.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Originally posted by Axehilt

My reaction would be "Wow" but in context it would be more like "Wow, this is a company who's made nearly all the right decisions over the years and instead of creating something new with Titan they somehow decided to go with WOW2. Unexpected."  It would be a red flag on the game's quality before I heard anything else about it.

But 5-10 years from now when WOW2 does get announced I will be genuinely excited for it

It'll probably be a EQN clone.. (ironic) , or should I say a GW2 clone?  I like Blizzard products some of the time, but no way am I playing those tier progression games anymore..   Been there, done that.. 

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by Rydeson

It'll probably be a EQN clone.. (ironic) , or should I say a GW2 clone? 

I hope not. That would be a step backwards for the genre.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

My first thoughts would be several.

I would expect rabid fanbois to throw themselves at the game without ever trying it ,then proclaim it the best thing on earth since Ketchup and fries.

I would expect the game to look cartoony,no not a knock on Wow,Blizzard is famous for low end tech in all their games.However i would also say hmm this is a giant developer,lots of money,like EVERY game,i would be willing to give it a shot and see what it delivers.

I do have preconceived thoughts of developers but i also look forward to trying every game for fear i may miss out on a hidden gem.

Another concern i would have is the TYPE of gamer that would reside in WOW,but again that would depend on the design.

Blizzard is more about marketing gimmicks,i would kind of expect a very shallow game with the gimmick to ride on an Esport theme.Blizzard likes to ride that rail of gamer's and their ego's and the fact tons of gamer's like a platform to brag.Sp pvp would be a definite theme,one i do not like.

My fave games,Vanguard,Eq2,FFXI all are PVE dominate games,so ya i would be worried Blizzard would try and deliver everything i hate in a MMORPG.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.