Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sorry this game is terrible.

124»

Comments

• SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Glad I won't see you in game.  God bless your little heart.  Congrats on the thread.
  • PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289
    I must have terrible taste then. Fine with me! :D 
  • GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

Why is it that if you do NOT agree with the Hype and say so, your Tolling?

I hate the Game, I don't hope or wish it to fail. Not at all. I wish it Success. I also don't want people to buy into the hype about this game. It's Slow paced, Boring, and Not much better than the original release that was a Complete Failed Attempt of a MMO.

I WANT people to download the Open beta to see for themselves.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Why someone would make at thread after a couple hours just to bash the game is beyond me. You have a lot of growing up to do.

To balance out his whining I'd like to say I'm in love with the game.

• Hamger8Hamger8 Member Posts: 78

This game isn't instant action in the first few levels no mmo has you go straight into battle and have an insane battle how slow are some of you guys?

Yes the intro is meh not much appealing and the first lvls make you fight weak little enemys you expect to fight a giant dragon at the first 10 levels?

This game is for final fantasy fans it kicks out all the other players that have no clue what final fantasy is. The game right now is swarming with players probably a million or so and my server is full to many players in ever zone. They had to make 2 extra servers for the extra players that were trying to make characters.

Yes it like a chore going to each quest but once you hit the dungeon and ifrit that where it gets really fun. You can troll cry but this game won't fail there are a lot of players already leveling up their 2nd-3rd class to level 20.

They could have made the intro more appealing but other then that the game is perfectly fine if you expect this game to be instant action then this game is not for you go play vindicus if you want insane action.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Really? haha I enjoyed it, Guildwars 2 for me was the worst first 2 hours i've played in an MMo in years... which honestly is a bit harsh to say anything though I assume how I felt with it seems to be the same you felt. I honestly am having a blast with the game more then I expected to the point it might be more then just a one month time waster I originally expected.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by healboot I pity you I wish it would have been all about what you wanted in a game better luck next game. Oh can I have your stuff?  
     Remember now, he played the game for 20 minutes he probably only has like 2000 gil.

+1 lmao DUDE...lmao

Originally posted by Denambren
    I really wanted to like this game. Especially with the sub cost, because I wanted to support the monthly sub model. Then I played it, and I have to agree it is the worst introduction to an MMO I've ever experienced. The length of the intro is so long, I just couldn't make it to even one combat before quitting (gave it about 20 mins before giving up). The quests you do actually do are fetch quests and forced town exploration quests. 20+ mins and I never got to use an ability. Astonishingly bad. 0/10 initial score, but I'll bump it to 2/10 for the detail in the player character models.

Really? 20 minutes? Thats it? So you never got past level 1? How can you judge it then? Stop trolling and go home and stay off these forums if it's so bad.

Originally posted by Draemos
    Originally posted by DarkVergil Like really really terrible. The first 20 minutes had to be the worst introduction to any game I think I've ever played in years. And then after that god-awful introduction you have to kill what? Squirrels.  The combat is horrendusly slow thanks to its 2.5 gcd, and the quest are laughable. I'm 100% sure this game will fail just like all the WoW themepark copy's (Warhammer, LOTRO, AOC, SWTOR) the only difference is this game has much less hype than those games did. I really had alot of hope in this game and its first impressions just shot me to the ground. Archeage BETTER deliver.

Ah, it's not that bad.  I actually think is does everything well except combat (that's a pretty huge deal though).  It could use voiceovers a little more liberally too on the "main" quests.

But My conjurer has been using the same god damn two spells for 20 fucking levels.  That's pretty shit design and there isn't any getting around it.

My conjurer has 8 at level 18.

Level 1 - Stone
    Level 2 - Cure
    Level 4 - Aero
    Level 6 - Cleric Stance
    Level 8 - Protect
    Level 10 - Medica
    Level 12 - Raise
    Level 18 - Esuna
    Level 22 - Stone II

So exactly how do you have only 2 skills as a conjurer?

Oh wait, your being a troll and do not know what the hell you are talking about.

• HaurusHaurus Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Originally posted by healboot
    Originally posted by Tinybina
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    It's the last hope of the trinity-based MMOs guys!...lets hope there's no Obi Wan...this sub-genre of MMOs is long past getting shot behind the shed.

This is not the last hope, WIldstar is out there still and trust me.. It WILL DELIEVER.  Trust me...

Wildstar is a pipe dream WoW clone it brings nothing too the table accept player instanced housing

LOL I find it very amusing when someone calls any MMO a WoW clone, WoW is the biggest ripoff in MMO history.

It took various aspects of about half a dozen different successful MMOs that came before it (most notably Everquest & Ultima online) and fused them together into a single game, then dumbed everything down to draw in the casuals. Too many little kids these days that first got into MMOs with WoW and assume that it invented online gaming.

For those who do not know, WoW launched in 2005, the first modern style MMO launched in 1997, and there were hundreds of others prior to WoW. Nothing can be considered a WoW clone as WoW wasn't original in any way.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    I'm so happy they made this game with the mindset of lets keep all of the awful players out of the game.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by Theocritus
    Originally posted by NBlitz This game doesn't need hype. It's a Final Fantasy. Also it'll be launching on the Playstation. What this game does do is weed out the gamers who would have no love for it. Just like every other title out there. It has its fans. I'm sure those who rush through or don't take their time with it will most definitely not enjoy it. Just like any other Final Fantasy game, where skipping stories and other parts that help immerse you in the world would hurt your enjoyment of it. I feel as though it's unlike other titles where you could play along and not have one iota of a clue what the hell is going on and not really care. As long as a certain Pavlovian condition is met. Loot that keeps being handed out as if it were falling from a pi
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    2.5 GCD is extremely fast for Final Fantasy...try FFXI...you get basic attack speeds of 4+ seconds somtimes, and you get weapon skills to use once every few minutes XD
  • AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Originally posted by Chrisbox
    I'm so happy they made this game with the mindset of lets keep all of the awful players out of the game.  

The goal of every subscription based game. Alienate an entire group of people. Brilliant! No wonder this game has already failed once before.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Well, I have 2 opinions.

1. I played in the original, and in the ARR betas and i have to say i didnt enjoy what little time i played in them. There was no grand scale to things imo. killing all sorts of critters wasn't appealing nor was it very final fantasy in nature. If it wasn't called "final fantasy" then i can see very little resemblance to series.

I'm not gona go bash this game, Im just gona say there wasn't enough appeal for this final fantasy fan to continue playing.

2. I think its really funny that the original was shunned universally because it wasn't wow enough only to be fully "wowified" in ARR and still shunned lol. Cant win with "gamers" these days

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    You must realize that the combat is going to speed up later on. In the beginning of all MMOs the combat is a lot slower.
  • VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

I'm not sure that I'd say "terrible."  It's not what I really want since I prefer grouping and challenge at all levels and could live without 95% of the game being mindless solo ez-mode.  I don't believe in the "just get to the real game at endgame" mantra - to me that's a weak excuse for having most of the game be a waste of time and space.

Obviously a lot of people like horribly designed MMORPGs that are doomed to fail.  Because companies keep on cranking them out!

I do agree that this game will go the same way as the post WoW clones.  It's going to be SWTOR 2.0.  Hyped.  Nice release day numbers.  Too much emphasis on solo.  Not enough endgame at release.  Way too ultra easy.  Vets will cap out in a week or less.  Casuals will cap out in a month or less.  A smidge more time destroying whatever endgame exists.  Done.  3-6 months max before pops diminish dramatically.  6-12 months and a bunch of server merges til they throw in the towel and it's F2P.

Hope I'm wrong but all signs point to this.

There is no way a game this stupidly easy with such a ridiculously fast leveling curve, with pvp and some endgame known to be getting patched in (3 months?) after release (meaning nobody knows if there even IS any endgame to speak of), and that is completely in the mold of post WoW failures (failures to maintain subscribers or to stay sub-based) is going to live up to the producer's fantasies of providing years of sub-based entertainment.  It hasn't worked so far and it's not going to magically work this time either.

All the players hailing this game as being the greatest thing ever will be amongst the first to be bored and gone - shortly after they finish the solo ez-mode and dabble in grouping a little.  Just like always.  They're the people killing the genre and pushing devs to make yet more solo ez-mode content...because massively multiplayer is all about....soloing with a hundred doods with crappy avatar namess running around naked - that's quality!  That's how you build a game to LAST.

Why devs keep designing this style of game, or worse, sliding it even more towards ultra dumb and fast food speed, defies all logic.  They must be thinking, no, no, WE can do ultra dumbed down solo ez-mode better than anyone else and people will stick around after they obliterate in a few hours the content that took us 3-4 years and tens of millions of dollars to develop.  Yeah, we got this!

Programming is all about logic.  Most designers have SOME programming background.  How does this keep happening?

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by DarkVergil

Like really really terrible. The first 20 minutes had to be the worst introduction to any game I think I've ever played in years. And then after that god-awful introduction you have to kill what? Squirrels. 

The combat is horrendusly slow thanks to its 2.5 gcd, and the quest are laughable. I'm 100% sure this game will fail just like all the WoW themepark copy's (Warhammer, LOTRO, AOC, SWTOR) the only difference is this game has much less hype than those games did.

I really had alot of hope in this game and its first impressions just shot me to the ground. Archeage BETTER deliver.

Well first of all the number one populated game on the planet plops you down in the middle of nowhere,not even a starting city with no answer or reason as to why you are there.A certain other top ranked game plops you down in a very cheap looking warehouse.Another game of recent plops you down again in the middle of nowhere with nothing at all.

point is to compare this to OTHER games and say terrible,i hmm i think not a fair analogy.

Also there is NOTHING to say you have to kill squirrels but it would make sense being level 1 you would start by fighting something simple,would it not?You could have went and started crafting or harvesting,mining,logging,nobody forces you to kill  squirrels.You could just wander outside and join a Fate system.

That is the problem making a solo game, i never liked Square going this route,people expect huge dragons and expect to easily defeat them at level 1.Players need to get that WOW type gaming out of their head,quit LOOKING for yellow markers to hold your hand,go out and just play the game.

All those quests are super simple quests just to introduce players to the game,they are not meant to be hard or challenging or difficult.They are also to help you learn the surroundings,learn the city areas.Remember the complaints early on were the game had no tutorials,things were hard to find,poor UI,Square made a huge effort to ease the learning curve for new players not accustomed to FF gaming.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Like really really terrible. The first 20 minutes had to be the worst introduction to any game I think I've ever played in years. And then after that god-awful introduction you have to kill what? Squirrels. 

The combat is horrendusly slow thanks to its 2.5 gcd, and the quest are laughable. I'm 100% sure this game will fail just like all the WoW themepark copy's (Warhammer, LOTRO, AOC, SWTOR) the only difference is this game has much less hype than those games did.

I really had alot of hope in this game and its first impressions just shot me to the ground. Archeage BETTER deliver.

Try to find someone to fuck and something else to fullfill your pitiful life, maybe the game will have a different taste then. 

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

Meh, it's not so bad for me personally. Then again I've probably played more mmorpgs in 6 months than you've played in your entire experience in this genre. Not really trying to insult you but let's just say you obviously are easily disappointed if this game is "like really, really terrible." Because I've seen just how terrible things can get...Alganon

Anywho, I actually agree with you that the intro wears a bit thin after experiencing it oh say maybe 2 times. Also the questing gives off that JRPG feel and I know that may not jive well with the western palate. So anyone discouraged by the first 20 minutes of any mmorpg deserves kudos for understanding if a game is not a good fit for them (I mean you wouldn't torture yourself by trying on a size 8 when you know a size 10 is what you need), but where you lose all rationale is when you start projecting your personal dissatisfaction as meaning the game is a failure in the genre. It's like exclaiming that size 8 shoes are stupid! And why bother making a size 8 when everyone knows all men wear a size 10! Sizes 8's will fail hard!

Well, I hope you get my point. So I'll leave it at that and finish by saying for me, FFXIV is a bit snug from what I normally would like, but I'm willing to wear it for a little while longer to see if I can break it in. May turn out to the the best pair of shoes I've had in a long , long time...

Couldn't have said it better :-)

I  have been playing for a long long time. i could list teh MMOs i have played but it doesn't matter to anyone here so i won't.

I will just keep enjoying Beta, then Pre-Order and then the game. slow progress is better than running like in Rift to endgame in like two weeks....

Just my 2 cents...

Originally posted by AZHokie54
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

The goal of every subscription based game. Alienate an entire group of people. Brilliant! No wonder this game has already failed once before.

Well to be fair they did add the whole echo thing which I disagree with entirely, which buffs you if you die in a story quest.  So many people were crying about the level 15 story quest.  If you die you shouldn't get your hands held.  

But seriously, this game is doing a great job of keeping the trolls out with how everything is setup.  

They aren't worried about their actual playerbase either trust me, the servers since friday at 5am have been beyond full, and they are making even more worlds because of it.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by Gravarg
    2.5 GCD is extremely fast for Final Fantasy...try FFXI...you get basic attack speeds of 4+ seconds somtimes, and you get weapon skills to use once every few minutes XD

I love the battle system honestly.  Even at level 20 on my archer I'm constantly pressing something, I have 3 abilities off the GCD by the time I use 1 in between gcd's my heavy shot is back up.   It gets even better at level 30+.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432

I agree.

They really ruined the game during the massive sweeping changes they made to the vanilla version.  I've stated why many times before, so if you really want to know, just search through my post history.

SE's customer support is still awful.  My account hasn't been able to even access the game since December; yes, over half a year requesting help from them and I get automated or worthless responses weeks later ("call us to get help").

Oh well, at least they still publish some good games with good PC ports.

This discussion has been closed.