Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVE VS PVP

13»

Comments

• technineztechninez Member Posts: 77
    Originally posted by Victor_Kruger
    Originally posted by techninez
    now is not the time for fear that comes later...............  we can come to the full anser of pve and pvp do not work in the same team we want diffrent things and through roots we want very diffrent things so why can we not have  pvp server pve server?

Starwars Galaxies is the best example of not needing different servers for pve and pvp and the sandbox works better with both kinds of players on the same server in my opinion. Back when I played SWG I was pve only player and still remember my first day just logging in and walking into the middle of a gunfight between warring guilds, it felt like starwars too me.

a true sandbox needs complete disaster all out warfare with forums saying who is x he is a troll this x these themparks mmo treying to make feel ok with ther life just because they they adopted our dark side why should we  bring them justice we give them sand box they say it stoo reall ? we give them role play ythey complain about therre love life?

wow works because we are all delt the same hand if you start takeing away our fingers im unshure what will happen

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    A real sandbox needs forum PvP associated with it? There should be a line between the game and real life and if there are people that bent on always having conflict with others a medium for fun may not be the best one.

Some people like drama and some people simply like to battle real players instead of a computer. One get my respect and the other doesn't. There is plenty of drama and "PvP" in real life, take it there.
    im angery ork iv got my own ship because kool like that im togeather what  is it i can do or are you just fucking slagging me offnot leeting me doing anyyhing and juimpingh on my head telling  its themepartk themepark as i want be a sandbox player and try summbet back
    There are areas between sandbox and themepark. If you're referring to people being able to annoy you without being able to kill them it's simple. Report them for harrasment. I've played a lot of MMOs and the only time I've had people actively troll me was in PlanetSide 2.
  • FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

From what that we see so far A.k. Elements of sandbox of Naksts seem centered in the elements of appointed. I do not think that this there will be a real sandbox as well as several Tamabokss kindhearted temporarily astroiabl will oppose. System of the battle is not good enough at first sight the warrant is this to be Gankpast. When something glimpses to be about / as little emphasis of Hhras amongst comprehensive against therefore I think mainly on P.o.

i know sand box as in all out war if u wanna mkake a shop u better know jabba the hut i mean sand box stufff and in a strange way i  dont want to leave drug lords i want reaal things i want to know i fi gyo down that allie      ill be banished from npc i want real sandbox ideas not summet some kids made up i want eve style real idea with real happening................ IM WAITING FOR A REAL MMO WE ARE ALL WAITING FOR A PROPPER MMMO.
  • AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834
    Originally posted by Aelious
    There are areas between sandbox and themepark. If you're referring to people being able to annoy you without being able to kill them it's simple. Report them for harrasment. I've played a lot of MMOs and the only time I've had people actively troll me was in PlanetSide 2.

Yes and that is why we are where we are with MMO's... because of the way people act in regards to violations of the EULA/TOS and no actual punishment.

Sure in PS2 the people you never heard of that were teleporting objects around the warpgates were banned... but the outfits that actively teamkilled because someone didn't play their way as well as the outfits that obviously exploited and used aimbots etc.. none of those vanished unless they got bored and quit... and a lot of that is why people don't even want to try PvP these days.

Or at least that's what I have seen in my time gaming over the years and PS2 certainly isn't the only game that happens in.. but who wants to try to get into PvP to watch the little speedhack etc users dominate... or like the radar groups in daoc etc

ho3w dare you cvalll yuouresrrlf a sandbox without a prision system this is not 2002

• solarbear88solarbear88 Member UncommonPosts: 75

My hope is that they have a nice big area devoted to PVP.  I think its important to funnel all the PVPers into one area so they can find action.  

They big problem is the enormous amount of pvp griefers out there.  If people were Roleplaying at all this would be a moot point and open pvp would be awesome.  But its not.  People behave poorly in games and there is no consequence for their actions so they just do whatever miserable act they can.  Hence why I prefer devoted areas even in a sandbox.  Even in Eve the bulk of players never leave protected space.

Originally posted by solarbear88

My hope is that they have a nice big area devoted to PVP.  I think its important to funnel all the PVPers into one area so they can find action.  

They big problem is the enormous amount of pvp griefers out there.  If people were Roleplaying at all this would be a moot point and open pvp would be awesome.  But its not.  People behave poorly in games and there is no consequence for their actions so they just do whatever miserable act they can.  Hence why I prefer devoted areas even in a sandbox.  Even in Eve the bulk of players never leave protected space.

you will have to let me understand what grief actually is because im getting told ow u like counter strike well you  better fuck off 2 miles east 0 fucks was cared for as i lay there talking about pvp all i got is shh all i have is time if they had it there way we would not be here so i am here and i speak for the people we are active are play lol we play wow we play gw2 we look for good pvp and we not a shitbags to say it broke we come thousands millions and we have more money children we are ready and if u do not want us someonee will.

• arbacusarbacus Member UncommonPosts: 41

I think people forget that pvp has been turned into a niche in mmorpg by vertical progression and gear treadmills if you do not have these then it again has the most important roll in longetivity even competitve PVE is based in players competiing with eachother remember that.

There is a mega void in the mmoprg market that players/devs are scarecly aware it even exists due to being trained by what is on the market today. In games that have realm v realm content there has alwasy been big obsticles like free or easy server transfers name changes and pvp being instanced and optional after thought designed.

I think it would be very smart for EQNext to try to fill this void with sandbox dynamic realm building based on player choices and an EVE like ruleset where players have the choice on whether they want to adventure far away from safety, but risk pvp.

EQNext should have no name change policy and go back to their 6 month server transfer policy to support healthy community building.

The pvp combat should be easy to get into but very difficult to master creating a place for true glory for those that do master the combat.

They need to maintain the perfect unbalance(easy to do with multiclassing imo) that stimulates new innovation in the meta for years to come. No lazy mirroring that we see other mmorpg slip to(classic example wow giving shaman and paladin to both sides).

A world where it is truly possible for a player faction on a realm to make a claim to their territory and show the world what they have done, no more constant reseting. It's supposed to be a persistant world no more instancing for a battle for lols than their accomplishments bear no real mark on the world.

• DracockDracock Member Posts: 75
    now is not the time for fear that comes later...............  we can come to the full anser of pve and pvp do not work in the same team we want diffrent things and through roots we want very diffrent things so why can we not have  pvp server pve server?

Starwars Galaxies is the best example of not needing different servers for pve and pvp and the sandbox works better with both kinds of players on the same server in my opinion. Back when I played SWG I was pve only player and still remember my first day just logging in and walking into the middle of a gunfight between warring guilds, it felt like starwars too me.

There are plenty of people that roll on PvP servers that focus almost exclusively on PvE. Most the world first guild for example, are on PvP servers. I don't see how forcing PvP on people that just hate it, is really going to add anything to my experience as a PvP player.

If anything these types of players harm servers by blacklisting anyone that PvP's. Then they proceed to dominate the PvE content and make the server less fun to PvP on.

• Victor_KrugerVictor_Kruger Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by Dracock

There are plenty of people that roll on PvP servers that focus almost exclusively on PvE. Most the world first guild for example, are on PvP servers. I don't see how forcing PvP on people that just hate it, is really going to add anything to my experience as a PvP player.

If anything these types of players harm servers by blacklisting anyone that PvP's. Then they proceed to dominate the PvE content and make the server less fun to PvP on.

A sandbox has no endgame, you can't really be excluded from anything in the that kind of game, the pvp'er will be taking over a city of a guild they are war with while the pve'er will be exploring a ruin that was just discovered both will be buying things from crafters that are the backbone of a sandbox. Both kinds of players can exist on the same sever that has good flagging system or separate areas.

• tbrocatotbrocato Member Posts: 10

This entire thread was epic....ahah!!!! Techninez and his posse have tons of cash and if EQ Next can not deliver they are taking their rape / stealing / murdering tactics to another MMO.....

Boom.   

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by Comaf
    Originally posted by Comaf
    Originally posted by Allein
    on my defence there has been 0 talk about pvp and 9 talk about what happens if you die but fuck you if ther 7 million wow plateyts wanting too know.  and if you thought we wasnt watching we was.................

I missed the 9 talk about dying. I did catch the 5 talk about tree falling. Are you a Blizzard employee? Will you bring back the info you gather to all WoW players? Would be good advertising.

i find your thesis  bland and not enjoyale... and my idea of pvp death sould mean more than hideing in stormwind

I just had a thought about the original poster, Techninez (That's Tech Nine, as in the machine gun and Rap artist of similar name?)...the way he or she types (assuming he)...what if...

Bear with me...what if techninez is an orc?  Think about it!  And I quote, "...if you die but f*** you if ther 7 miion wow plateyts wanting too know.  and if you thought we wasnt watching we was........."  definite orc ending.

My god, we have trolls on this forum (I've been guilty in my defense of real pvp...) and now we have ORCS!!!!

RP? who cares if the game is not out 

Anyway, my orcish friend (since I'm sure in EQNext Orc types will be able to group with paladins...lol)....okay fine, Ogres and Humans, rather...but same difference....

Anyway!  I digressed...Techninez you dropped F-Bombs, by default this will get locked down and you might even get a 1+ day ban.  So, friend, if you have something to say that truly does make sense, please feel free to do so before it's too late /salute

come near my ork camp paladin scum you feel the full fist of fury

I think he's PvPing on the forums, but i cant tell who's winning.

He's using CS as a platform to prove PvP MMO dominance, and doing it in an Orc, ahem, Ork suit.

Of course he's winning!
  • DracockDracock Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by Dracock

A sandbox has no endgame, you can't really be excluded from anything in the that kind of game, the pvp'er will be taking over a city of a guild they are war with while the pve'er will be exploring a ruin that was just discovered both will be buying things from crafters that are the backbone of a sandbox. Both kinds of players can exist on the same sever that has good flagging system or separate areas.

Yes you can. And they will. The people that play on that server, will be fine with it.

If those players do get bored, they will blame lack of progression and PvE content. They aren't going to get sold on PvP. It's 2013, people know if they want to be on a server with open PvP or not.

If you want a server that is based more on flagging/karma "life of consequences" style PvP, I can get behind that option. As a PvP player however, that's not the server I would want. These servers tend to have punishing mechanics for "PKs," or otherwise put restrictions on PvP.

Likewise there are players that simply don't want to PvP outside of an Arena or /duel. These players will play PvE servers and be fine with their decision. Or maybe they will be interested in your flag style server where PvP is more consensual.

As a said before, Open PvP servers will have guys that want to PvE mostly. These players generally only PvP when they have to defend themselves. So if you want the most realistic sandbox style experience, and open FFA PvP servers is probably the best option. Trust me, people keep tabs on players themselves; they don't need the game to do it for them.

I don't buy into the notion that separate rule sets are somehow a lazy fix; or that some other solution is preferable. Players prefer different game environments. I think separate server is a perfect solution to this issue. Some like PvE only, some like team servers, some like FFA, and some like the kind you suggest. What's the issue?

As for whether there is an endgame or not. That isn't clear. There is a very strong possibility that there will be content that requires players that can switch seamlessly between different classes/customizations. In other words, there may be the "hardest" content with the best stuff, which is basically an endgame. We'll have to wait and see how steep the climb is to the most difficult content.

This discussion has been closed.