Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Glowing Red Outlines as a 'Optional' Setting Confirmed (from latest Q&A)

keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

This was a topic that I've seen come up several times regarding when you target someone or something, it creates these red outlines that many wish didn't exist or were softer. They have confirmed that you will have the option to turn them off. Hopefully this puts that concern to rest now for those it bothered.

Will there be an option to turn off the glow around enemies? – By Nate Collins

Yes, you will be able to turn it off. I will say that the glow is much more apparent when you’re watching than it is when you’re playing. It’s very effective at helping with target selection, and you may find it useful in some situations, but it’s up to you whether to enable it.

Here is the rest of the Q&A if interested.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2013/08/12/ask-us-anything-quakecon-live-gameplay

There Is Always Hope!

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

As to be expected...

Just wondering how all you dislikers of this feature will see where youre aiming ?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

As to be expected...

Just wondering how all you dislikers of this feature will see where youre aiming ?

It appears that the health bar of what you are targeting appears in the middle of the screen while the ones you are not targeting disappear. I guess if you are a tab targeter in a large group of NPCs that may be annoying lol.

There Is Always Hope!

• BigmamajamaBigmamajama Member Posts: 198

As to be expected...

You will use the provided targeting reticle.  And yes I hate the cheesy targeting outline feature.  Makes character models look 2D and breaks immersion.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Originally posted by keithian

As to be expected...

It appears that the health bar of what you are targeting appears in the middle of the screen while the ones you are not targeting disappear. I guess if you are a tab targeter in a large group of NPCs that may be annoying lol.

Im not sure what your point is about it being annoying, but how else would you target something within a large group of enemies besides using tab target? 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

As to be expected...

Same way we always did when there weren't special glows around our targets. Don't recall needing a glow in morrowind, oblivion or skyrim.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by svann
    Originally posted by keithian

As to be expected...

Im not sure what your point is about it being annoying, but how else would you target something within a large group of enemies besides using tab target? 

What I meant was that if you chose to turn off the red outline in settings and you and a bunch of people are fighting a large group of NPCs or other Players, it might get confusing which NPC or Player you are targeting in a zerg fest without the red outline if you are tab targeting instead of selecting via aim.

There Is Always Hope!

• IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    I guess the outline will be useful for PvP.

gameplay > graphics

• joe2721joe2721 Member UncommonPosts: 171
    This could be useful but  glad it can be turned off and on

• andyredandyred Member Posts: 4

I was a bit worried when I saw the Red Outlines in the latest video footage, however I'm glad to hear that it can be turned off.

Ofcourse, it may help during PvP with targetting when there's a lot of players on the screen at once, but for PvE I think I'll be leaving it off!