Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your ideal class combo

donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591

I always like to play wizard/mages in MMOs however I like to be useful beyond just dpsing. The chrolomancer in Rift was lots of fun as you were able to dps and heal at the same time. I plan to tier up wizard and collect all the other magic user classes and priest classes as well. What can I say, I love magic!

I wonder if Beastlord might be like creature handler in SWG.

So what would you like to play?

Comments

• CananCanan Member UncommonPosts: 95
    We are very similar. Cleric/Mage for me. In the DND days this was called a clam :)
  • donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    Originally posted by Canan
    We are very similar. Cleric/Mage for me. In the DND days this was called a clam :)

Happy as a clam!

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

I love the Herald of Xotli in AoC - 2H Sword melee mage in light armor and with powerful close range spells.  

Like the OP, i also very much enjoyed Chloromancer in Rift.  Also, the Blood Mage in Vanguard, which is kinda similar to Chloromancer - powerful healing via dmg/drains of mob. 

Also loved the Fixer in AO, which was a DPS scout but with powerful HoTs that could act as a support healer. 

I tend to gravitate to whatever classes are unique to a particlar game, so what the most "new and different" class type in EQN is, i'll probably check it out.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    A Half Elf staff welding monk with wizard abilities and the ability to turn into a Kerran when I want to.
  • Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Shadowknight/Necro
  • Victor_KrugerVictor_Kruger Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Either a shadowknight/warrior or a warrior/shadowknight depending on how the abilities work and some other darker themed powers thrown in from other classes.
  • BacchiraBacchira Member Posts: 50

I'm hoping there will be some sort of telekinesis class in there somewhere because that would just look sweet in a voxel world!

Just fling stones from the nearest wall on enemies or uproot that tree! :D

I'm a magic addict as well and I agree that the HoX class in AoC was lovely. I'm sure there will be some class in there that appeals to me.

edit: Forgot to mention I'm also a sucker for shapeshifters if done right. Can't wait to get more class info.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

Engineer from Guild wars 2

Rifle as my primary weapon with turrets!

• solarbear88solarbear88 Member UncommonPosts: 75

Fighter/Cleric or Paladin from DnD.  Buff yourself with magic and hit like a truck.

Chanter from Aion or Warrior Priest from WHO would be what I am searching to create.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Generally prefer primary healing with an off ability to melee, basically like a bit more squishy paladin that focuses more largely on support and defense with spatial abilities (ability to make quick temporary defense shields and such.

While I'm happy with a magically augmented type character, I prefer the play of something more like a sword and board or weapon wielding character, so abilities that are spinoffs of of physical attacks I tend to like.

Kinda like quick abilities to pop or channel a partial/temporary shield bubble, charged weapon swings, etc. Major focus would remain on party support and keeping people alive like minor heals and quick deflections.

I think that'd be a relatively fun character. So like a cleric fighter or ...y'know... a paladin with less focus on self.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

I used to love to try and plan out a character before leveling them up. I have found that was a mistake in the past as I became too involved in the meta (all the collected info outside of game) in an attempt to min / max for PVP or general PVE pwnage. It kind of killed some games by taking all the wonder and challenge out of play. It should be noted that there were some games that actually punished you in play for not doing this too. I really don't want to do that for EQN.

So, my ideal class combo? I am going to start by looking at the character model for each race in the character creation window and tinker with them until I find something that looks cool to my eye. That will be my race. Then I am going to go through the starting classes and find one that looks to have some fun combat and utility abilities. I particularly like classes that grant me control abilities. Once settled, I will have my ideal character.

You see I want something I con go out into the game world and "play" with. I can go "explore" area X, find dungeon Y naturally as a cool encounter and discover a new class to tinker with rather than having preplanned where I have to go to find cool been Z because some web page told me so. To me that's ideal.

• tbrocatotbrocato Member Posts: 10
    I am going to make a Monk / Necromancer....a Death Monk!
  • godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Warrior / Necros.   Love 2H weapons, in heavy armor, useing Dots, leeches, and having pets
  • DracockDracock Member Posts: 75
    A gun-wielding Ninja. The more modern the better. Kerran, of course.
  • ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588
    I always liked rangers-explore , survival, tracking, nature spells. In EQN id try to combine with druid for heals/cc or cleric to buff/heal to not be as squishy, or all 3 if able. I'm worried the 8 skill limit on combat bar will make it difficult to use too many of the skills of 2 or more classes. 4 bound to weapon, one movement-not much left to mix it up.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I would take a Paladin and mix it with an Enchanter. And, demand that I can dual wield.
    A Controladin
  • SarkhatSarkhat Member Posts: 2
    I wouldn't mind a type of spellsword with a weather affinity. I personally always float to the damage archetype but the wizard classes are always really cool looking. So yeah that would be pretty cool if I could make that sort of combo.
    Sarkhat

I really like that! Kind of a Druidish Gandolf that travels the lands and knows their way around a sword? Sorry if I'm off. One sword or two?
  • SarkhatSarkhat Member Posts: 2

one or two weapons, maybe... one sword in one hand and a magic hammer on the off hand. One arm's slashing goblins in the face the other is calling storms and smashing orks in the face, also yeah having a gandalf sort of loadout would be awesome!

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Necro Druid for sure

C

• nisraknisrak Member Posts: 70

Bard/Monk would be really cool.  Songs to control and buff with the classic monk fighting/survival abilities.

Bard and monk were the most awesome classes in EQ1 and I'm really excited to see how they are in EQN!

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750

My ideal multi-class......

Invisible Hulk Ninja with dual rail gun swords.

edit..

since they have talked about adding ninjas and pretty much guns are confirmed and we already know the Hulk will be in game...sounds like the perfect mulit-class.

• cirdanecirdane Member UncommonPosts: 51

-----------------LEGOARAGIMILIDALF--------------

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468

From a conceptual standpoint, I've always liked the idea of playing an archer/bard/mage or archer/bard/engineer character.  Rift gave me that ability with their soul system.  Any DD game based on rulesets < 4 also gave me that option.

As for EQN, I'm not sure what to expect from their class system.  It sounds like some hybrid of GW2s system and FF14s armory system.  It seems each class will be able to wield or specific variety of weapons and have weapon abilities specific to that class (GW2).  But then, we'll be able to mix and match "class" skills from other classes?