Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hope they preserve some fun eq 1 tactics along with adding the new.

KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750

What I speak of is some of the fun ways to conquer things that initially seem to difficult.

Examples are

Quad kiting

Charm tanking

Reverse Kiting

calming mobs to lower agro radius

invising past areas

Feign Death pulling

Comments

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

I think it's a safe guess to say kiting will be in. every other tactic is out.

Asdar

• wasaguestwasaguest Member Posts: 27

I still miss my Necro's ability to Life Tap and Share my own health with other players. Careful balancing of those abilities let me DoT like crazy, Sac my life AND hit other dps with Mild HoTs - really gave me some solid utility in the early game.

Later, that nearly unlimited Mana I had with Saccing was a lot of fun too. Going to miss that a great deal.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    People keep thinking of EQN as a replacement for EQ/EQ2 but it's a new branch of the family, trying new things, many will not allow for some of the old quirks of EQ. I would just be happy with still having EQ1 and 2. It would be nice if they manage to fit some of the older ideas into EQN, but I think it's for the best that they allow each game to have it's own personality.  
  • wasaguestwasaguest Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by zevni78
    People keep thinking of EQN as a replacement for EQ/EQ2 but it's a new branch of the family, trying new things, many will not allow for some of the old quirks of EQ. I would just be happy with still having EQ1 and 2. It would be nice if they manage to fit some of the older ideas into EQN, but I think it's for the best that they allow each game to have it's own personality.  

For me, it is a replacement. Is it meant to be? Probably not; but for me it's time to move away from the older title(s) and into some newer ones.

That doesn't mean I want, EQ1-redeux, but I am going to miss some of the things I did in the older ones; and I will remember them fondly.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by zevni78

the first two EQ games are much much more like each other than EQN seems to be like them.

i just wish they adopted some things from everquest to give it some familiarity to EQ fans (like they promised), but they decided to put in systems from non EQ games instead.

oh well, its a new sandbox game to try since its free to play, that's all it is to me at this point.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    We are just going to have to wait for the game to be released to see :)
  • RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Just not dold on sandbox, hard to be a sandbox if rallying calls only go one way. In a sandbox cantbyou stop something from being created?

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"