Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8.22 hype right now just behind eqnext what about next week?

RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
Whats your predictions? Im guessing we see the visual score go from 8.22 to 5.37

Comments

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Originally posted by nttajira

why ?? the game amazing !!!!! GAME OF THE YEAR !!!

Far from it, I already refunded my pre order, wait a week and you will see, can I mark you downfor thinking the score wilk stay 8.22?
  • MagKilnMagKiln Member Posts: 46
    EQN and FFXIV are both over hyped. That's like voting in an election when you have to choose between a "Douche" and a "S#$T Sandwich"!
  • FoxyShoxzyFoxyShoxzy Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Originally posted by Rockniss

Far from it, I already refunded my pre order, wait a week and you will see, can I mark you downfor thinking the score wilk stay 8.22?

Then why are you still here, trolling the forum?

• huihuhuhuhuihuhuhu Member UncommonPosts: 53
    would like to see any of the bitchy people make a game..it would probably be called douchbagsareus..glad you canceled your pre order...the way you talk game is better off without you anyway
  • MagKilnMagKiln Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by FoxyShoxzy

Then why are you still here, trolling the forum?

and I will ask you the same :P " Why are you here?" LMAO Trolled by a Troller :) LOL

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Maybe for you...

But i dont agree...

The quest texts are dull, and have clickerdi click bypass them, i was hoping for voice overs to spice things up, but they where never added

The combat is kinda stale, and repetitive, it reminds me of the turn based combat of FF7, which is not good.. espescially at low level.. but when i think that for every class i start i need to replay the same low level shizzle, i can feel the hurt allready.

The first ten levels are unbearable slow and non challenging

Dynamic events are not really dynamic, scripted with no consequences

All in all i just cant be immersed in the game world and the action.. and yes i played till level 20+ in Phase 3, i was just hoping that things would improve, espescially with voice overs added, but they where never added.

All in all its definately not my game.

But to those that enjoy, please keep playing it as long as you are having a good time.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Maybe for you...

But i dont agree...

The quest texts are dull, and have clickerdi click bypass them, i was hoping for voice overs to spice things up, but they where never added

The combat is kinda stale, and repetitive, it reminds me of the turn based combat of FF7, which is not good.. espescially at low level.. but when i think that for every class i start i need to replay the same low level shizzle, i can feel the hurt allready.

All in all i just cant be immersed in the game world and the action.. and yes i played till level 20+ in Phase 3, i was just hoping that things would improve, espescially with voice overs added, but they where never added.

But to those that enjoy, please keep playing it as long as you are having a good time.

Lord.Bachus speaks the truth........THIS!!!
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

It's funny that the argument to support the sub based game lately has been, "you just can't shove mediocre into a box and expect to profit. A good game deserves a sub".

Yet here we are with FFXIV, at a hype level of 8.22, with little to show itself above the rest that went F2P.

How is this game going to survive the initial reaction of those who carry such an opinion as stated above in yellow? WHich seems to be a good chunk of the MMO playing populace.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354

we can all speculate, but the matter is, there are many players fond of this game and this is why it got hyped to 8.22 to begin with. remember the closed beta phases werent that close :P , almost everyone who had an interest got in and so far everyone in game is enjoying it, while servers are being closed in the few hours in.

yea , a week from now, I would say the hype level will go up instead of going down. we will revisit this thread after one week :)

Edit: just while posting this, the game now is at 8.23 :D

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    People are just so desperate now they will try to defend anything.
  • healboothealboot Member UncommonPosts: 103
     I'm just so glad its here I don't care what hype it has. Seems so many negative Nancy posters on these forums its depressing
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Whats your predictions? Im guessing we see the visual score go from 8.22 to 5.37

I predict, I'll still be playing.

• StrayfeStrayfe Member UncommonPosts: 199

It's obvious this wasn't your type of game from the beginning, considering you've been drooling over the collection of gimmicks known as EQ:Next.  This game never claimed to be anything but a very well done, old school themepark with a solid story, group-focused gameplay and an amazing audio-visual experience.  I'm not sure why you pre-ordered to begin with.

FFXIV will retain a high rating because it's exactly what I said, a well done game that is not tripping over itself trying to introduce gimmicks, "action" combat and/or easily exploitable, short sighted world mechanics in an effort to be different.  It will retain a high rating because there is an extremely significant group of people who want nothing to do with F2P or cash shops.  I fall into both categories.  Over the years, I have played probably 20-30 F2P games for varying lengths of time.  I made it through that phase and I won't be playing another one.  I have also tried plenty of games that purport to be "different", bucking the trinity, doing away with standard convention.  A friend of mine, after months of resisting, finally got me to try GW2 to play with him.  I hated the original Guild Wars, and I seriously thought there was no way the same company could make something worse, but they did.

Guild Wars 2 felt like a facebook game.  It was one of the worst experiences I've ever had, and I am completely baffled by the fact that anyone can glean enjoyment from it.  Nonetheless, I suppose you're over there thinking the same thing.

I'm trying to be better at letting opinions remain opinions and bygones be bygones.  So I will say this as politely as I can.  FFXIV is not for you, and those of us who are playing it are happy that we will have one less negative person clogging up the servers.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    As much I like the game I dont think it will survive in this new generation of action combat mmo market for very long. 
  • VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

Good one.  I laughed.  I'll be interested to see FFXIV:ARR reviews, that's for sure.  I'd bet this site gives it a 8 or 9 out of 10.  Oddly people do say things like this and I have to wonder if the people have ever played any other MMORPG or any other video game.  It's not the worst game ever but to say it's the best, especially for an MMORPG and based on hardly any play time, is just silly.

The hype is there because so many people want a good new MMORPG and the pickings are slim.  The hype in no way indicates how good the games actually are.

So far I'm pretty underwhelmed with FFXIV.  It's clunky, lacks features (real item compare, gear preview, and more), has more immersion and flow crushing loading screens than possibly any game I've ever seen.  2.5s GCD is brutal.  Thus far the game is full on clone except with even easier ez-mode...which I guess is a triumph because it's hard to believe that solo ez-mode in a clone could get any easier.  Don't kill 10 rats (squirrels, bees, other harmless things that skill need to DIE)...that's WAY too much effort.  2 or 4 will suffice.

I'm hoping it's a matter of "getting used to it" and maybe once one gets out of the lower level areas there won't be so many loading screens so frequently because I really want a new MMORPG to commit to and there just aren't many options right now or anytime soon.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Maybe for you...

But i dont agree...

I regretfully have to agree with this. I cancelled my pre order just minutes ago here in New Zealand. I am not going into details as to why, as many of the reasons are listed above in M'lords post. One thing I could never understand is why Square Enix is forcing me to pay my subscription in EUROS. That means for me the monthly subscription is close to 22 bucks lol. They lump us in with "Europe and other regions"

This discussion has been closed.