Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is this open beta?

so is this open beta or just another phase?  cause the nda is still in affect.  and if its not open.  will there be a open beta?

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    It is open beta now. Character are kept.
  • nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486
    This is Beta phase 4, which could be considered an "open" beta because it is available to more people and can easily be signed up for.  Open beta does not necessarily mean "No NDA" from what I understand.  Though I could be wrong.
  • bubbabillbubbabill Member Posts: 80
    ok thanks guys for the responses.  Im at a friends house watching him play at the moment and he really wasnt sure how to answer my question.   not sure why they didnt lift the nda though? they afraid of something?
  • kruluxkrulux Member Posts: 229

Its not open beta untill they allow everyone in.. right now only those who had it before are allowed in.

It's been stated tomorrow it will be open to all... the 17th.  I just hope they open it at 5am.  I've already got the client installed, just need a valid beta account now.

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    I'm not sure they ever really called it open beta, it's beta phase 4 and they are letting everyone in the 17th. NDA is still there because the game isn't technically released, and during this phase it is still limited and they don't want anyone posting videos of a game that isn't all there.
    Originally posted by Torcip
    I'm not sure they ever really called it open beta, it's beta phase 4 and they are letting everyone in the 17th. NDA is still there because the game isn't technically released, and during this phase it is still limited and they don't want anyone posting videos of a game that isn't all there.

so will they drop nda on hte 17th then? seeing they are letting everybody in then?

Originally posted by bubbabill

so will they drop nda on hte 17th then? seeing they are letting everybody in then?

Probably not, but maybe. we'll find out tomorrow.  It'll definitely be dropped come early access though, probably.

• FoxyShoxzyFoxyShoxzy Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Originally posted by krulux

Its not open beta untill they allow everyone in.. right now only those who had it before are allowed in.

It's been stated tomorrow it will be open to all... the 17th.  I just hope they open it at 5am.  I've already got the client installed, just need a valid beta account now.

How did you get the client installed? Most I could do was install the launcher. When I fire it up it wants an account, and of course my account is not enabled for beta.

Probably not, but maybe. we'll find out tomorrow.  It'll definitely be dropped come early access though, probably.

blah just seems to me if they are this close to release whats there to hide.  would love to watch a few streams with people who actually know how to play it.  cause my friend im watching is terrible.   but with  nda no streams :(

blah just seems to me if they are this close to release whats there to hide.  would love to watch a few streams with people who actually know how to play it.  cause my friend im watching is terrible.   but with  nda no streams :(

It's not that they want to hide something, sometimes it's just a legal thing, sometimes they just forgot to drop the NDA. 

Also 

1. Tell your friend "You suck at this!"

2. Pull his chair out from under him

3.Take the keyboard

4.???

4.Profit

• StarskinsStarskins Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by FoxyShoxzy

How did you get the client installed? Most I could do was install the launcher. When I fire it up it wants an account, and of course my account is not enabled for beta.

I pretty much have the same question, here.

• encopittencopitt Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by Starskins

Same.

When I go to the link in the launcher it asks for a beta code, but signup is disabled. Do we just have to wait till tomorrow to register/update the client?

• StarskinsStarskins Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by encopitt
    Originally posted by Starskins

Same.

When I go to the link in the launcher it asks for a beta code, but signup is disabled. Do we just have to wait till tomorrow to register/update the client?

I think so.  Here is the latest twitter post from the devs: For those asking when brand-new users can join in the #FFXIV Beta Phase 4: the registration site is scheduled to launch on Aug. 17th!

• RosseLLRosseLL Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by nickster29
     easily be signed up for

Bullshit. I was in beta phase 2 and 3, yet the I didn't register for phase 4 so I can't play. How ridiculous is it that a OPEN beta had a specific sign-up period 3 weeks PRIOR to the beta and ended 2 weeks before it even began? 

Open beta, I guess. Easily signed up for? Bullshit.

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527
    Originally posted by RosseLL
     easily be signed up for

Bullshit. I was in beta phase 2 and 3, yet the I didn't register for phase 4 so I can't play. How ridiculous is it that a OPEN beta had a specific sign-up period 3 weeks PRIOR to the beta and ended 2 weeks before it even began? 

There was a sign-up period for this? I didn't sign up for anything after beta phase 2, missed beta phase 3, and I still got an automatic invite email sent to me about this final phase.

• Stark3Stark3 Member Posts: 20
     easily be signed up for

If you were in the previous beta phases, no need for another registration / sign up. That registration was only for people who WEREN'T in the previous phases.

Download the client and give it a spin. It should be good.

easily be signed up for

Lulz, all you had to do was log in. Some people, I swear.