Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Grand Theft Auto Online Coming October 1st

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Rockstar has announced that Grand Theft Auto Online will launch on October 1st, shortly after Grand Theft Auto V. The game will feature 16-player cooperative/competitive mode in a persistent world.

Watch the new Official Gameplay Video for Grand Theft Auto Online - which shows how we've taken the fundamental GTA concepts of freedom, ambient activity and mission-based gameplay and made them available to multiple players in an incredibly detailed and responsive online world.

In Grand Theft Auto Online, you'll have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions, band together to participate in activities and ambient events, or compete in traditional game modes with the entire community, all with the personality and refined mechanics of Grand Theft Auto V.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• muaythaimuaythai Member Posts: 11
    Omfg
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    oh wow...

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• AndrosTRBAndrosTRB Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Oh man, even GTA ONline is not coming to PC any time soon. Bummer.
  • sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Only 16 players?? Wat!!!! That soo... No way wtf

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    My favorite franchise is getting online and even bigger and better? what more can GTA fan ask for.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    16 player open world grab any server on login, been waiting for them to do this
  • WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Hopefully after some time, they will have more players per server too.
  • apb2011apb2011 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    16v16?? come on, what is this 1998?? It should be massive. 1000sVS1000s. LMFAO 16vs16. zzzzzzzzz
  • RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Yeah i was expecting 100+ players on server.Lets hope the pc version gets something like that.

16 is too low for such a great game

• xaritscinxaritscin Member UncommonPosts: 350
    people doesnt seem to take in account that GTA has always been about gang gameplay, 1000 players in a criminal organization isnt a gang, its a fucking mafia, or even bigger, the battles would be really weird if you take in account that we can have from bats to rocket launchers. it would be a zergfest with police intrusion. so even moar complicated.
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I can't believe some of you people actually expected more, you honestly expected a current gen console GTA game with more then 16 players?

Their hardware is absolutely ancient and garbage, and GTA is not exactly as simple as the average shooter, theres tons more going on then in most bigger match-up games.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by xaritscin
    people doesnt seem to take in account that GTA has always been about gang gameplay, 1000 players in a criminal organization isnt a gang, its a fucking mafia, or even bigger, the battles would be really weird if you take in account that we can have from bats to rocket launchers. it would be a zergfest with police intrusion. so even moar complicated.

I was under the impression that GTA was always about single players doing crazy things in a more or less sandbox world.

There's no particular reason to think that would work as an MMORPG, especially with a persistent world.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ThelricThelric Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Yeah, I can already see the chaos going on in massive servers unless they implement gangs and more complicated criminal factions to balance out the carnage in some sort of direction. A free for all world with all players competing to steal the same vehicles or rob the same banks, etc would be a zerg fest.
  • gutechgutech Member Posts: 5
    Whatever. Let me know when it gets a release date for PC.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by xaritscin

I was under the impression that GTA was always about single players doing crazy things in a more or less sandbox world.

There's no particular reason to think that would work as an MMORPG, especially with a persistent world.

THANK YOU!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre