Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Lobby Server Connection Error...

Comments

• SeariasSearias Edmonton, ABPosts: 712Member Uncommon
    Reserved all 5 of my character names, hehe. Too bad couldn't skip the intro stuff.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• VladamyreVladamyre South Shore, KYPosts: 225Member
    Got my name, and my wifes name on Behemoth.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• Turkish4676Turkish4676 San Bernardino, CAPosts: 87Member
    Anyone have a link to get the launcher re-downloaded I can not even get it to launch the launcher? It just keeps telling me it is unable to complete version check.
  • VutarVutar BaghdadPosts: 773Member Uncommon
    Why would they bring up all these servers for Japan, and none for N.A./EU?
  • ShauneepeakShauneepeak Biddeford, MEPosts: 421Member
    Originally posted by Searias
    Originally posted by Shauneepeak
    Originally posted by Khrymson

Ah well, just gonna play on a JP server until the NA ones become available!

Wasn't really planning on getting started until Early Start, but I do want to get my char created on the NA world I've decided to play on!

Question when I got to the World selection screen it said my character design had been saved or something like that so could I play on a JP world for now then go back to character creation and I could choose the same character design I have on the JP without going through creation again then play on a US server with that character?

Correct, you could also use the characters you saved on the character benchmark application.

Weird though if you highlight quit it says you will lose all current progress so now I'm afraid and simply waiting for the U.S. servers to come back. I'm really hating how they only come back for 1min then get taken off again friend refreshed world list 1min before I did managed to get into our server choice then I refresh still says they're down....

• aesperusaesperus Hamshire, NVPosts: 5,128Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Vutar

Both sets of servers are supposed to be up.

However, the connection on all of them has been ping-ponging ever since the beta went live. I've logged in multiple times already and one is up, the other down, & visa versa.

Every time I try and create a character on the NA/EU, it disconnects and crashes to desktop.

• Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,357Member Uncommon

well... NA/EU is up, its just there is more NA/EU people than JP people.... and server cap is all the same.

• DignaDigna City, CTPosts: 2,014Member Uncommon

They come up, a few get in. they shut off the logins again.

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN

as of 12 minutes or so: Beta: We've temporarily halted character creation on the Bahamut, Mandragora and Chocobo World

Originally posted by aesperus

Both sets of servers are supposed to be up.

However, the connection on all of them has been ping-ponging ever since the beta went live. I've logged in multiple times already and one is up, the other down, & visa versa.

Every time I try and create a character on the NA/EU, it disconnects and crashes to desktop.

I can't see a single NA or EU server. Only Japan. It says "connection none" However, if I put it on japan servers it says "connection good"

• DivyneDivyne Posts: 18Member Uncommon
    Well Im able to pick my world now, pick my name and then it sits there with the loading circle in the bottom right hand corner for about 30 seconds then gives me the lobby connection error. /sigh
  • QuorinaQuorina Hamilton, ONPosts: 41Member

Getting past character creation myself, then getting a connecting to lobby error. 

Question: were we supposed to keep our previous beta characters? Mine wasn't there at all. :(

Originally posted by Quorina

Getting past character creation myself, then getting a connecting to lobby error. 

Question: were we supposed to keep our previous beta characters? Mine wasn't there at all. :(

No, Beta 4 is a fresh start. all Previous is wiped.

Does anyone have a link to the new download? I can't even get my old launcher to work.
  • ScarletBeardScarletBeard Boston, MAPosts: 14Member
    You have to download the new launcher, unfortunately. The old client from phase 3 will not work with phase 4 and release. Go to the beta forum, they have it posted.
    Originally posted by Turkish4676
    Does anyone have a link to the new download? I can't even get my old launcher to work.

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/inst/ffxivsetup.exe

• BenediktBenedikt PraguePosts: 1,406Member Uncommon
    hm, tried the traceroute to na/eu lobby and one of the servers and guess what - it didnt even reached the destination :)
  • DaemonweaverDaemonweaver MostaPosts: 100Member Uncommon
    Finally got in, created toon and now like a few of you am stuck unable to choose a server for EU/NA oh the joys of OBT and launches :)
    Originally posted by Divyne
    Well Im able to pick my world now, pick my name and then it sits there with the loading circle in the bottom right hand corner for about 30 seconds then gives me the lobby connection error. /sigh

Well you are getting further than I am lol. I havent gotten past character creation.

Did you see the server list after one of the 3 minute refresh 'clicks'?

Everything was going so well... and now this. Come on SE!!! Dont fail us again!!

I restarted the game and when I logged in a different screen came up with my 1.0 character showing. I was able to choose a NA/EU server from there and create a character. However, when I finished creating the character it had a circle in bottom right like it was loading, and then kicked me to desktop. Now I can't get even the start button to be active again...

As someone who had not really planned to play this game much after the 1.0 debacle, this is not making me want to give this game another chance...

Thank you BreakingDawn
  • etlaretlar Posts: 677Member Uncommon

I restarted the game and when I logged in a different screen came up with my 1.0 character showing. I was able to choose a NA/EU server from there and create a character. However, when I finished creating the character it had a circle in bottom right like it was loading, and then kicked me to desktop. Now I can't get even the start button to be active again...

As someone who had not really planned to play this game much after the 1.0 debacle, this is not making me want to give this game another chance...

this is completely normal each time an mmo launches, sadly enough though ;)

Originally posted by Br3akingDawn
    Everything was going so well... and now this. Come on SE!!! Dont fail us again!!

At least they are 'tweeting' info relatively regularly.

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN

Beta: Character creation is temporarily halted on the Masamune(LEGACY), Garuda, Tonberry, Bahamut, Mandragora and Chocobo World

Beta: If the character(including characters from 1.0) is already created on the world listed below, they are accessible

Wonderful. I made a character, named it, and then it hung up kicked me to desktop. I finally get past the start screen again only to see, my character isn't there.

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Biddeford, MEPosts: 421Member
    After 3 tries of exiting and restarting the client, after my initial refresh wait 3min and repeat trial, finally managed to get Coeurl server though now I am getting the Lobby Server 2002 Error.