Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your +/-/? with ESO so far folks?

This is my list of +/-/?  so far with this game, what are yours?

Please, Keep it short with +/- and ? folks.

+ Play Skyrim with my brother!   (Playing ESO with others and against others that is ofc!)

+ Graphics   (matter of taste ofc but I like it)

+ Both third person / first person

+ Skyrim enviroments seems to look like.....well:)  http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/10/Elder-Scrolls-Online-Skyrim-bridge.jpg  (love it)

+ Coming to consoles aswell  (Let's leave the discussion about it for any other thread outthere shall we?!)

- Locked zones as in not beeing able to go to other factions zones until max lvl

- Player beeing able to be the Emperor of Tamriel while having a stupid name

- No chatbubbles  (minor thingy for many but huge for others - should be optional ofc)

? Multiple guild membership   (Good or bad, I don't know yet)

? Combat system compared to the singleplayer games - will combat feels good?  (Quite important actually but of course things needs to be converted into a multi-version enviroment. I do understand that as a mmo player)

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

+ Real time combat system, resource based, so no more watching cooldowns, much more tactical and no bloody rotations

+ Graphics style and scenery, most realistic till today

+ story and lore based content, stories and Voice overs on par with SWTOR, but with choices that really effect the outcome

+ many many open world dungeons for solo, small groups and even for full groups

+ mob ai, much more advanced in combat then any MMO so far

+ The game feels like a virtual world and not like a game

+ Dark and creepy world leaning towards the dark ages, with no guns and other steampunk elements

+ PvP system much like DAoC and resource based

+ Crafting system, finally usefull, as even th best dungeon found gear can be improved.

+ freedom of the skiltree based advancement system.

+ 2/3 th or more of the game is aimed at max level.

+ level progression

? Death pennalty a bit light

? We dont know how challenging the combat is

? we dont know how adventures (up to 24 mn story based raids) will work out.

? They use phasing and instancing to tell stories, thats awesome, but to much will kill the MMO part, lets hope they could ballance things out.

? Megaservers, we dont know how that will play out as this is the first MMO to use that 

- Ingame voice chat only available in Console version

- No AA system, i ma just a big fan of this, as it allows you to keep progressing your character.

- No duelling

- 4 man sized groups, should atleast be 5 preferably 6.

Well i am off now, might add more later...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

+ Real time combat system, resource based, so no more watching cooldowns, much more tactical and no bloody rotations

+ Graphics style and scenery, most realistic till today

+ story and lore based content, stories and Voice overs on par with SWTOR, but with choices that really effect the outcome

+ many many open world dungeons for solo, small groups and even for full groups

+ mob ai, much more advanced in combat then any MMO so far

+ The game feels like a virtual world and not like a game

+ Dark and creepy world leaning towards the dark ages, with no guns and other steampunk elements

+ PvP system much like DAoC and resource based

+ Crafting system, finally usefull, as even th best dungeon found gear can be improved.

+ freedom of the skiltree based advancement system.

+ 2/3 th or more of the game is aimed at max level.

+ level progression

? Death pennalty a bit light

? We dont know how challenging the combat is

? we dont know how adventures (up to 24 mn story based raids) will work out.

? They use phasing and instancing to tell stories, thats awesome, but to much will kill the MMO part, lets hope they could ballance things out.

? Megaservers, we dont know how that will play out as this is the first MMO to use that 

- Ingame voice chat only available in Console version

- No AA system, i ma just a big fan of this, as it allows you to keep progressing your character.

- No duelling

- 4 man sized groups, should atleast be 5 preferably 6.

Well i am off now, might add more later...

I didn't know the ingame voice was only for consoles. Another reason I'll probably stick with the PS4 version to start. It just makes it easier when playing with others not in your guild.

I agree with most of your points, I wish groups were 5, not 4, never been a fan of 4, but it doesn't bother me much. I never was a dueler cuz I suck at it so that doesn't bother me either lol.

I agree the death penalty should be a little tougher.

The most important plus to me is that questing is exploration based rather than hub based. Had it not had this I would be trolling like some of others here lol.

Also, it seems as if they are trying to remember that side things are important, like fishing, and I love the little things like what they are trying to do with horse feeding.

The fact that sources state the world feels alive if that holds out to be true is a huge plus as it was one of the biggest turn offs for me in just about every competitive themepark available to date. I really need to see more evidence of this as it would be a huge plus to me.

There Is Always Hope!

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Hmm...

+ Elder Scrolls Lore and World

+ "beast" races playable not only near humans (shame on you SWTOR!)

+ Three Faction PVP

+ open PVP (I hate arena pvp)

+ realistic top graphics

+ first person playable

+ presumable large world

+ the 3 factions have 3 entirely different areas = 3 times the replay value

- maybe a bit too traditional questing?

- in some parts graphics look a bit too much grey and brown, could be more lush

- sticking to ES lore = confined, can't "make stuff up"

- being in the past of the know world = we know how it ends

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by Elikal

Weeell...Id be careful here, lol.

Afaik, only difference between Cathar and Khajiit is that Khajiit got tails, rest is identical to human body. It's better than nothing, I know, but ...they are pretty much human with different heads, just like in swtor :P

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Xarko

Afaik, only difference between Cathar and Khajiit is that Khajiit got tails, rest is identical to human body. It's better than nothing, I know, but ...they are pretty much human with different heads, just like in swtor :P

Yeah I know. Still, any bit more diversity is good. I wish there were races like with  "beast legs" and more fantastic stuff. Khajit USED to have beast legs in Morrowind, but alas they retconned it.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by Xarko

Yeah I know. Still, any bit more diversity is good. I wish there were races like with  "beast legs" and more fantastic stuff. Khajit USED to have beast legs in Morrowind, but alas they retconned it.

Idd they had. I wonder why they changed it. If it was only because they didnt want to make special armor models(cant see any other reason) then its sad. I bet Zenimax guys are glad they did tho :).

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I was wildly enthusiastic for the first 6 months after the game was announced.

Then I saw an ongoing series of decisions that have me wondering why.

The 2014 intro certainly dampened my enthusiasm.I don't buy a "spring" intro.

First person...i don't think the resources should have been spent on it. Period.

No arrow crafting , I thought was a step in the wrong direction.

Development for the console market which I feel will dumb down my pc experience and take away dev time from  enhancing the pc experience..I didn't like

Unceasing crumb -lets of information we are expected to seize and avidly devour for the next year

Reports from some beta testers that the game "needs a lot of work" has me wondering how the 5+years of dev time have been spent.

Net net.I don't know how far M. Firor will drift from the vision he first detailed.

So...I stopped reading the info from various ESOL websites that are sent to me.

Tired of chasing rainbows.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Elder Scrolls online: I get to grow a character and keep a character through many adventures for years!

Art Design (it really is very good and from what I've seen lately it's better then when I tried it)

Has a siege system which is my favorite type of pvp

I get to visit other locales in Tamriel

Multi Guild system could erode certain types of guilds

world is cut up and you can't just head out, go to Morrowind, then cut back to skyrim and then to Elseweyer. You have to go 1-50 then move to another realm and rinse and repeat. You also don't see anyone from other factions except in the center pvp area.

Unclear as to how many open explorable dungeons there will be at launch.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223

+Open explorable Tamriel sticks to classic Elder Scrolls Lore

+Consoleable.Playing MMO on bigass TV.

-No AA advancement.

-Childish death penalty.

-Gruesome starting classes

-Cluncky combat animations with no sense of impact at all.

-Clunky combat with animations makes no sense.

-Combat animations with clunky sense of feeling that seems you hit the air.

-Animations regarding to combat have impactless sense of feeling.

-Cheap combat visuals that drives you crazy and makes you say "ZOMG WTF"

? Will they change clunky combat animations that lacks the sense of hitting

beLIEve

Originally posted by Shadanwolf

I was wildly enthusiastic for the first 6 months after the game was announced.

Then I saw an ongoing series of decisions that have me wondering why.

The 2014 intro certainly dampened my enthusiasm.I don't buy a "spring" intro.

First person...i don't think the resources should have been spent on it. Period.

first person view works great for world immersion, which is a huge sellingpoint of the series

No arrow crafting , I thought was a step in the wrong direction.

This is a minor detail

Development for the console market which I feel will dumb down my pc experience and take away dev time from  enhancing the pc experience..I didn't like

Skyrim was playable on consoles it felt far from dumbed down. 

Unceasing crumb -lets of information we are expected to seize and avidly devour for the next year

Reports from some beta testers that the game "needs a lot of work" has me wondering how the 5+years of dev time have been spent.

Strange, you listened to the beta testers that broke NDA because they tought the game was not the sandbox they wanted, playtesting press tells us exactly the opposite.. 

Net net.I don't know how far M. Firor will drift from the vision he first detailed.

the game is very very close to earlier Elder scrolls games with their immersion and awesome stories and lore

So...I stopped reading the info from various ESOL websites that are sent to me.

Tired of chasing rainbows.

People just should accepth games for what they are..  In this case an online version of the elder scrolls.  

Which will give it a very fesh feeling compared to oteher mmos

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Good

Elder Scrolls world

Graphics/Art Design

3-faction Open World (kinda) PvP

Bad

Tab Target/E-Z aim

Restrictive class system (compared to other ES titles)

Ugly

Multi-Guilds 

Mega-server

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Grixxitt

Good

Elder Scrolls world

Graphics/Art Design

Bad

Tab Target/E-Z aim

Ugly

Multi-Guilds 

Mega-server

Yea to be honest I haven't decided how I feel about the aiming yet. I like the Skyrim aiming system, but I realize this game isn't exactly like that, nor is it like WOW with the way tab targeting is handled in that game. As far as multiguilds or mega servers, I understand the negatives, but for me personally I'm so tired of having politics split my friends a part into multiple guilds and then missing out on the chat in the guilds when I am in a different guild. Now I wont have that problem, so I support it..not to mention the mega server eliminates all those months of "what server will we be on", "how much will it cost to transfer my character", "when will the server merges happen?" lol.

I did like the Role Playing server in Lord of the Rings Online. That server felt more mature :-0.

There Is Always Hope!

Originally posted by keithian

Good

Elder Scrolls world

Graphics/Art Design

Bad

Tab Target/E-Z aim

Ugly

Multi-Guilds 

Mega-server

Yea to be honest I haven't decided how I feel about the aiming yet. I like the Skyrim aiming system, but I realize this game isn't exactly like that, nor is it like WOW with the way tab targeting is handled in that game. As far as multiguilds or mega servers, I understand the negatives, but for me personally I'm so tired of having politics split my friends a part into multiple guilds and then missing out on the chat in the guilds when I am in a different guild. Now I wont have that problem, so I support it..not to mention the mega server eliminates all those months of "what server will we be on", "how much will it cost to transfer my character", "when will the server merges happen?" lol.

I did like the Role Playing server in Lord of the Rings Online. That server felt more mature :-0.

I can understand how you would feel the way that you do in the ease of use department, I just feel that multiple guild memberships and Mega-servers kill the 2 echelons of PvP that I enjoy the most, namely Guild V Guild and Realm V Realm.

It just seems kind of pointless to crush your enemies, when it's just Cyrodil Instance #38 you're fighting for, instead of an actual part of a living, breathing world. 

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

Good

Elder Scrolls world

Graphics/Art Design

Bad

Tab Target/E-Z aim

Ugly

Multi-Guilds 

Mega-server

There is no tab targetting, combat is like in skyrim fps style targetting...  Even healing works in cones and AoEs

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by keithian

Good

Elder Scrolls world

Graphics/Art Design

Bad

Tab Target/E-Z aim

Ugly

Multi-Guilds 

Mega-server

I can understand how you would feel the way that you do in the ease of use department, I just feel that multiple guild memberships and Mega-servers kill the 2 echelons of PvP that I enjoy the most, namely Guild V Guild and Realm V Realm.

It just seems kind of pointless to crush your enemies, when it's just Cyrodil Instance #38 you're fighting for, instead of an actual part of a living, breathing world. 

What's the difference between "Cyrodiil instance # 38" and "Guinevere Server" or "Tristan Server"? A: nothing.

The Cyrodiil "instances" have the population size of servers in most games, around 2,000, they will have unique names based on towns and places in Cyrodiil and they will be persistent.

You got to get past cliched thinking about instance=bad and megaserver=bad when you think about cyrodiil. The megaserver in this game (which I'm also not a fan of btw, but it's not a big deal) is a PVE only thing, and a persistent "instance" the size of a server is a... ummm... server. Your "living, breathing world" is your Cyrodiil server. PVE is a different story and it's like cross-server (but not cross-faction) grouping for everything--not just instanced dungeons. Persoanlly I wish they'd stuck to servers for that too since PVEing with the same people you PVP with is more fun, IMHO.

Multi guilds? I'm with you. I hate the fluffy "let's have many guild memberships and integrate FB, Google+ and instagram into it." It's just trendy social media integration crap that is not only immersion breaking but a PITA. If I'm in the middle of huge furball fight in Cyrodiil the last thing I want is to be distracted by an IM from a buddy at work telling me the boss sucks.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318

+ Elder Scrolls Lore (need I say more?)

+ Love the artwork

+ Crafting looks grand

+ For lack of a better terms: vast multi-level pvp zones

Is it possible to pvp your way through all of the gosh-awful leveling?

- Fear I will be riding on rails again (lack of freedom)

- Another level system grind (ugh)

- No player housing at launch tells me it will not be a player centered mmo, thus lacking a sandbox element.

Originally posted by Iselin

What's the difference between "Cyrodiil instance # 38" and "Guinevere Server" or "Tristan Server"? A: nothing.

The Cyrodiil "instances" have the population size of servers in most games, around 2,000, they will have unique names based on towns and places in Cyrodiil and they will be persistent.

You got to get past cliched thinking about instance=bad and megaserver=bad when you think about cyrodiil. The megaserver in this game (which I'm also not a fan of btw, but it's not a big deal) is a PVE only thing, and a persistent "instance" the size of a server is a... ummm... server. Your "living, breathing world" is your Cyrodiil server. PVE is a different story and it's like cross-server (but not cross-faction) grouping for everything--not just instanced dungeons. Persoanlly I wish they'd stuck to servers for that too since PVEing with the same people you PVP with is more fun, IMHO.

Multi guilds? I'm with you. I hate the fluffy "let's have many guild memberships and integrate FB, Google+ and instagram into it." It's just trendy social media integration crap that is not only immersion breaking but a PITA. If I'm in the middle of huge furball fight in Cyrodiil the last thing I want is to be distracted by an IM from a buddy at work telling me the boss sucks.

Hey Iselin, do you know if you will you be able to swap instances/servers whenever you want?

I think the answer to that might help me make more of a decision on whether the "Mega-server" is a deal breaker or not. I thoroughly enjoy fighting and partying with the same people, knowing who my friends and enemies are, etc. and I absolutely hated how names and guilds (and chat) were removed in GW2. 

There's just an entire dynamic that seems to be missing when you make your enemies nameless faceless creatures. Or maybe it's just me.

Regarding the multi-guilds, a "friend's circle" type thing (with associated chat) is actually a really good idea, I just don't know why they need to muddy up the waters with actual guild membership.

-The MMO Forum Community

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

From the sounds of it, leaving one campaign and going to another one will be a big deal--sort of like how swapping servers is in WOW or other games like that. It`ll cost you something...what or how much I don`t know.

All the members of a guild are in the same campaign and you`ll get to know your enemy guilds and individuals really well I think: it`s 3 alliances with 700 or so players per alliance. The number is large but small enough for you to develop some nice healthy individual hates. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

+ The world itself! Revisiting Morrowind; getting to see Elsweyr for the first time (or rather, since Arena)
    + The races (I really like TES races; I guess I'll go Khajiit this time)
    + The visuals, especially the environments (good blend of realistic and stylized in my opinion)
    + The option to get into a first person mode which doesn't look bad at all (especially cool while you're exploring by yourself)
    + Three different starting zones. This used to be a given, but fewer and fewer MMOs seem to bother now. Plus, getting to visit all the faction zones (though you have to wait for level cap for this, which is a minus).
    + Fishing! And hopefully some other non-combat activities as well. :)
    + I like what I've seen of crafting.
    + The progression and character customization system seems promising.
    + Open world dungeons.
    + Seems promising for duoing from what I've seen. Duoing is one of my favorite ways of leveling up.

? The server system. Seems promising in that you get to find others with your play style and even community preferences, but I just like the feeling of a persistent server.
    ? Unsure about how they'll use phasing. It can be cool in the right doses but can get offputting real easy.
    ? Nothing revealed about "endgame" PVE. Think raiding, or something on that scale. Not saying I'll definitely get into it, but I just like having the option of something like that.
    ? Implementation of trinity roles. Say, any place for "classic healing" in this game? (I just don't like cone-healing and AOE-healing)

- No Open World PVP outside of Cyrodiil! (I don't like zone-limited World PVP. Heck, I just don't like zones, period.)
    - Not being able to even step into other faction zones until level cap!!
    - Player Emperor sounds gimmicky to me.
    - Limited ability bar. I just really dislike this in RPGs. Yes, I'm all for trying to keep up with 80 abilities. Heck, make it 180! :)
    - 4 man group too small.
    - Multi guild system: it undermines the whole concept of why I get into guilds in MMOs.
    - Not digging what I've seen of combat. But then I don't much enjoy combat in any of the TES games, and I just dislike action combat in RPGs in general. I'm actually hoping it ends up closer to the "tired old" MMO combat. The less action, the better to me. :P

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

+ it is TES universe

- it is not mmorpg ,it is co-op SP game

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Agent_Joseph

+ it is TES universe

- it is not mmorpg ,it is co-op SP game

I wouldn't put stock into your last statement (I realize they said it). Of course it's an mmo. It feels like an mmo.

That was a marketing phrase they used because they didn't want to scare off non-mmo players.

Which I can very much understand.

I was playing LOTRO last night and thinking that my roommate might like an mmo because it's huge and there could be a lot of exploring. Then I realized that the combat, restricted exploring; many places you can't enter unless you are on the appropriate quest, and the limited interaction with the world could be a turn off for him.

I can see players who love the elder scrolls games being hesitant about an mmo if they haven't tried them.

But this is an mmo, no if's, and's or but's about it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • VoltjeVoltje Member Posts: 20

The day that you need to make a list to be able to play a game, well im sorry but if you are only that excited...

Anyway, from what ive seen: a beautifull world where not everything is handed to you, superior lore compared to other games...

This game just  gives me the feeling of wow-vanilla and assasins creed, where im a big fan off.

So yes you will def see me on release date (PS4) ingame. Looking forward to it! :D

[CENTER]image

• LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223

- Being released on console "Ewwww"

- Releasing in Spring 2014? Seriously release in Winter 2014.

- I'm putting graphics here for now because I'm guessing a lot of energy has gone into this instead of content and we all know how high end graphic MMO's ended up being like. Be it a Elder Scroll title or not.

- Looks and feels like Skyrim.

- Multiplayer Elder Scroll

- For the rest, all bonuses I guess.  Just hope we can do private rooms, I'm only playing this with my real life friends and don't want any stupid randoms screwing up my fun. :)

• battlesambattlesam Member UncommonPosts: 15

+

+ It sounds like a top notch AAA MMORPG theme park, but with PVP BUILT IN!!!!! -Long Live DAoC!

+ Crafting done right, where your best items CAN be made.

+ Amazing background story.

+ Dark, lean graphics which suit the PVP bent. (The first thing a pvper does is shut off the graphics anyways. "That the other guy IS dead is more important than how I looked fighting him.")

+ There is talk they will add a public dungeon similar to Darkness Falls from DAoC, which IMHO is still hands down the greatest dungeon ever in a MMORPG. That will probably come in a patch after release.

+ No tab targeting.

+ No cross-realm nonsense.

-

- The "Megaserver" technology applies to PvE only, which is somewhat meaningless for a PvP game, yes?

- While the game seems well-rounded, I don't get a sense of any innovations here, certainly not revolutionary like RvR (DAoC), Public Questing (Warhammer), mounts (WOW).

- I'm worried about PvP servers (or campaigns, or whatever they're called). It sounds like regular servers we've seen in the past. They start with a ton of servers, then peeps disappear, then you need server transfers, etc. It just doesn't sound like they solved anything on this front. 

- They better have lots of PVE content cuz it sounds like the PVP queues could be ridiculously long no matter what. And, if they want AvAvA balanced numerically and one faction is underplayed say hello to insanely fricking long queues. Play the undermanned faction, probably Aldemeri.

? The big question mark is the "feel" of the characters. The feeling in DAoC, WOW, Warhammer was pretty good, GW2 = very, very bland.