Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forget everything you've been waiting for.GTA V ONLINE Will Dominate

RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Thats right folks GTA V ONLINE Is going to be the mmo of the year,like it or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A

Comments

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461
    Originally posted by RelGn

Thats right folks GTA V ONLINE Is going to be the mmo of the year,like it or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A

Was it confirmed for PC release at the same time as PS4 release?

If so, I agree, if not, doesn't affect me :).

• SabasSabas Member UncommonPosts: 217

Riiiiight, an MMO with 16 people......

• munx4555munx4555 Member Posts: 169

While It would be wrong to call it a Mmo (something rockstar has not done) It definatly looks absolutely amazing, Rockstar has been my favorite developer for quite some time, they are not afraid to take risks, they don't develop a game unless it a leap forward, and they always suprise me.

I would say its as close to being a mmo you can get without actually being a mmo.

To be honest if any other dev then Rockstar had promissed that kinda mp features I would've called them bloody liars, but rockstar is just about the only developer I feel I can trust to deliver exactly what they promise.

Considering how far GTA 5 has come from GTA 4 with the same technical limitations I can't help but imagine that we will see a actual GTA, RDR or Bully mmo in the next generation of consoles.

Gta 4 mp keept me busy for weeks, rdr mp keept me busy for months, I can only imagine the kind of joy I will get out of gta 5's mp.

• JIUBHUNNY420JIUBHUNNY420 Member Posts: 131

Not an MMO: 16 Player maximum 

Sorry in no definition of an MMO does a handful of players qualify as "Massive".

J-Hun Lookin to Creep Yall!

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by Pandamin

A lot of games are called mmos nowdays but they actualy do not work like an mmo should work.So?

Even the anticipated eso that is called mmo will not deliver the actual mmo experience but an online experience.

MMos are dead.The only thing that exists now is online games that some people want to call them mmos because they use some of the mmo elements.

Finally 16 players is only for consoles.The pc version may support more players.

Even if it does not this is one big step forward for rockstar.

They will soon release an mmo like game with 1000s of people

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    i used to like this kinda of shit when i was a brainless teen.
  • knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389

This is not an MMO .. Diablo 3 should not have been called an mmo

this is at best a single palyer game with an online component . An MMO needs to have multiple servers and everyone on that server on the same map

I think there needs to be rules on what is an mmo on what an online game are.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

A lot of games are called mmos nowdays but they actualy do not work like an mmo should work.So?

Even the anticipated eso that is called mmo will not deliver the actual mmo experience but an online experience.

MMos are dead.The only thing that exists now is online games that some people want to call them mmos because they use some of the mmo elements.

Finally 16 players is only for consoles.The pc version may support more players.

So we should talk a defined meaning and miscontrue it and change a part of the english language? So MMO should stand for "online game".... but we already have that? So why not leave MMO to describe... you know... MMO's? I'd rather have massive mean massive and not nothing which is what you would like.

Also, ESO is an MMO. While it appears much of it will be instanced, apparently its realm vs realm is rather massive.

Also, if there are thousands of people playing, thats not MMO like, thats MMO.... seriously... come on now....

Originally posted by knightaudit

This is not an MMO .. Diablo 3 should not have been called an mmo

this is at best a single palyer game with an online component . An MMO needs to have multiple servers and everyone on that server on the same map

I think there needs to be rules on what is an mmo on what an online game are.

Diablo 3 was never called an MMO. Also an MMO doesn't need to have multiple servers. It needs a massive amount of concurrent players in the same game world. (The exact same one, not separate instances).

• Max_StrikerMax_Striker Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Definitely not an MMO ... But still might be fun.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

16 players dont make a game an mmo.  ESO is an mmo. MMOS are not dead, what is dying is the sense of community and social aspects in mmos because now everything is solo friendly. 16 players is for consoles and will be for PC if they ever announce a PC port (if they plan to have a massive number of players on PC they would do the same on consoles because of the capabilities of the next gen consoles). It is indeed a big step for Rockstar if they do it right (just because its Rockstar doesnt mean it'll be the second coming). How do you know they will make an mmo with 1k+ people?

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by munx4555
    Originally posted by TsaboHavoc

Sounds like not much have changed.

its a simulator very close to our reality, cool kids wanting to be a "gangsta" killing ramdom inocent ppl on streets, ramdom cops, robbery, enter a cheat code to get a plane and crash in the city, well its no my thing anymore.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034

Lol I love you guys.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by munx4555 Originally posted by TsaboHavoc i used to like this kinda of shit when i was a brainless teen.
    its a simulator very close to our reality, cool kids wanting to be a "gangsta" killing ramdom inocent ppl on streets, ramdom cops, robbery, enter a cheat code to get a plane and crash in the city, well its no my thing anymore.

You haven't done much research I take it. There is so much stuff to do in this game, it takes open world gaming to another level.
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

It's a separate game from GTAV so there will be no cheat codes,buying GTAV gets you access to it  and it launches two weeks after GTAV.T.Nothing you do in GTAV carries over.I expect there will be an option to purchase it separately later on without GTAV.Probably why they dropped the V and only call it GTA Online.

Sure it's gonna have kids doing those things,every online game does,but from the sound of it you won't be earning much money that way,you earn money via doing missions and activities including player made races and death match modes.

It might turn out like you say but it doesn't sound like it at all.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by rojo6934

16 players dont make a game an mmo.  ESO is an mmo. MMOS are not dead, what is dying is the sense of community and social aspects in mmos because now everything is solo friendly. 16 players is for consoles and will be for PC if they ever announce a PC port (if they plan to have a massive number of players on PC they would do the same on consoles because of the capabilities of the next gen consoles). It is indeed a big step for Rockstar if they do it right (just because its Rockstar doesnt mean it'll be the second coming). How do you know they will make an mmo with 1k+ people?

It is just a label. I would much rather have a good fun game with 16 people max, than a mediocre MMO.

And if GTA online is very successful, i am sure all the mmo devs would like to call it a MMO to leech off some glory.

Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by rojo6934

It is just a label. I would much rather have a good fun game with 16 people max, than a mediocre MMO.

And if GTA online is very successful, i am sure all the mmo devs would like to call it a MMO to leech off some glory.

If they were to call it an MMO that would be dishonest as it would be a 100% lie.

Hey did you want an apple? *hands you an orange*

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    We only need one of these threads: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/393408

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.