Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Dave Georgeson says resist the comparisons between EQN & GW2

124»

Comments

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo HindPosts: 662Member

By looking at the combat videos on youtube, combat looks too slow for my taste. I don't know if they slowed it down because of showing off skills etc, but even when EQN devs played live it looked a bit slow paced.

I can see that the combat looks more like a moba, which is good if you want good teamplay. So it can be really good actually.

I

• DistopiaDistopia Baltimore, MDPosts: 16,915Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Vivasvan
    Please forget pvp . There are 100+ mmos geared up for just mindless button bashing pvp. It's the most tactless skilless no brainer type of combat. Nothing next gen about it.

Lets hope EQnext brings out the next phase of intelligent pve. Please.

Most people who think PVP is nothing more than button-mashing don't seem to like PVP, I wonder why that is...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

• MarkusrindMarkusrind CrawleyPosts: 359Member
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Vivasvan
    Please forget pvp . There are 100+ mmos geared up for just mindless button bashing pvp. It's the most tactless skilless no brainer type of combat. Nothing next gen about it.

Lets hope EQnext brings out the next phase of intelligent pve. Please.

Most people who think PVP is nothing more than button-mashing don't seem to like PVP, I wonder why that is...

because they can have an opinion that to then is 100% correct and valid. just as another person can totally disagree and also be 100% correct and valid...opinions are wonderfully lacking in the need to have any justification.

• Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 18,030Member Uncommon

Let's hope the game is as polished and well running as GW2 at least, no matter what you think about the other parts.

At the worst day in GW2 I still get better FPS then in the best day on EQ2.

And of course he protests, did any game like hearing that they were similar to Wow or EQ?

I like GW2 but I still hope SOE can deliver a very different game experience. There is already a GW2 as there already is a Wow. No need to remake them, that is a sure way to fail. A MMO needs to deliver something different then the rest if it wants to do well.

• baphametbaphamet omaha, NEPosts: 2,838Member Uncommon

wish i could compare this to everquest :(

• DrakynnDrakynn The Pas, MBPosts: 2,030Member
    What a tech demo with only 2 classes and 3 skills each fighting Mobs with no AI isn't representative of the final games combat and can't be used to compare to a released game?How dare you SOE!!!!!
124»