Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta Client Patching is live!

Comments

• forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232

anyone else speed just drop to .11m MB/s happened soon as I hit 6 gigs downloaded

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by forcelima

anyone else speed just drop to .11m MB/s happened soon as I hit 6 gigs downloaded

I had to restart the patcher and it sped up again. Picked up where it left off =-)

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by Br3akingDawn
    Not as big as I hope that it would be.... 7GB?

I doubt they put in the entire game what with the whole data mine fiasco some time ago.  Though we'll likely find out once Legacy players get in and try to access higher level content (though I only heard of one new dungeon in this test, as most content past level 20 is locked).

The last download was about 7GB and they added two new areas with this one (supposedly), so it's likely that they're just holding back.  It's said that chocobo companions aren't in the Open Beta.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • deathangelldeathangell Member CommonPosts: 85
    im pissed they keep sending me the ps3 version o beta test I don't want to test that !
  • NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

Great, another launcher that doesn't support re-downloading.

What is this, 2002?

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Downloading PC version...no problems.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

WooT! Downloading on PC. ..... and done! Awesome!

Thanks guys!

• ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by NagelRitter

Great, another launcher that doesn't support re-downloading.

What is this, 2002?

huh? if you mean that you can resume downloading where you left off , yes you can. you will just notice the speed of your HHD in the begining up to the point where you have downloaded and then you see it will be connecting to download the rest

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Beta Client installed.

It's 8.54GB on m PC

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Download finally done. I'm still torn between staying with legacy character on Balmung and finding a good Company to join. Or starting fresh and joining a Company. Such a tough choice and not much time left to decide either.  image

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Does anyone know if they are wiping before release?

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Originally posted by MindTrigger

Does anyone know if they are wiping before release?

As long as no glaring problems come up, they will lets us keep our chars =-)

Originally posted by ZenTaoYingYang

huh? if you mean that you can resume downloading where you left off , yes you can. you will just notice the speed of your HHD in the begining up to the point where you have downloaded and then you see it will be connecting to download the rest

Maybe. It just looked like it kept downloading from 0 every time, but it does seem to progress, ever so slowly...

The problem is that, once it loses the connection, it gives me an error message and shuts down the client instead of shutting up and waiting until the connection shows up again. *grumble grumble*

Why can't we just use peer-to-peer, I swear...

• gramudogramudo Member Posts: 10
    okay download is done....any idea of when the servers are going to be up? i have seen people say this morning, not till tonight, not till tomorrow morning, anyone have solid info on when?
  • sothronsothron Member Posts: 13
    I didn't get a chance to be in the previous beta but I do have the game pre ordered through Square's official e-store. Am I not going to be able to play in the open beta because they aren't giving out the codes until the 20th when the beta is over?
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Toxia

We can't just patch our old client? Opening that launcher says cannot verify something or another. gotta download whole thing again?

If that be the case, where do we download the new one?

Had that problem as well. Just uninstall and download the new client. It would appear that there are so many changes, that its just the way its going to be.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
    Originally posted by NagelRitter
    Originally posted by ZenTaoYingYang

Maybe. It just looked like it kept downloading from 0 every time, but it does seem to progress, ever so slowly...

The problem is that, once it loses the connection, it gives me an error message and shuts down the client instead of shutting up and waiting until the connection shows up again. *grumble grumble*

Why can't we just use peer-to-peer, I swear...

Dont worry we know your always full of miss information. =-P

• ScaredTurtleScaredTurtle Member UncommonPosts: 41

re re edit

Anyone know what time today's beta started?

also anyone know what time we can register for it tomorrow? 

• javon1334javon1334 Member Posts: 59
    Is anyone else on ps3 having this pop up on, the screen after you link your account. ” no valid service account to play ffxiv realm reborn. In order to play ffxiv you must purchase in ps store or register a product code ” I preorder the game in June from Gamestop so idk what to do. So will be able to get in phase 4?
  • Gatorez1913Gatorez1913 Member Posts: 15

Ugh...I go to log in and it gives me this message:

Based upon recent suspicious activity, we have identified that your account may potentially be at risk. For your protection, we have temporarily suspended login access to this account.
    Instructions for lifting this restriction have been sent to the email address registered to your Square Enix Account.
    For more information about the login restriction, please refer to the following page:
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/j/lbna

I go to the recommended website and it won't send me any emails or anything to reset my password.  Anyone else having any issues like this?  I can't even log in to the beta forums to see if others are having this issue.  I can't start downloading until I am able to log in and Yes, I have the right password and ID and my Square Enix ID worked fine yesterday.

• flashypants55flashypants55 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by ScaredTurtle

re re edit

Anyone know what time today's beta started?

also anyone know what time we can register for it tomorrow? 

P4 beta starts at 5am est 16thAug. If you missed registration then you'll have to wait until the 17th when it reopens.

• FelkFelk Member UncommonPosts: 10

@Gatorez1913 The exact same thing just happened to me. The email was in my Spam folder, then I had to reset my password, and then try relogging.

It seems to have worked fine as far as I can tell. I'm currently patching now.

Their account security system definitely seems a little trigger happy. This happened to more than one person in my guild trying to download this update

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461

Who said GreenManGaming didn't send your codes yet? They email it to you the moment you preorder. You know that right?

I've got my code sitting in my email waiting for me to use it. Did you overlook this????

Originally posted by BearKnight

Who said GreenManGaming didn't send your codes yet? They email it to you the moment you preorder. You know that right?

You know that not every person's experience is identical to yours, right?

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by sothron
    I didn't get a chance to be in the previous beta but I do have the game pre ordered through Square's official e-store. Am I not going to be able to play in the open beta because they aren't giving out the codes until the 20th when the beta is over?

Umm, you should have gotten your early access code the moment you did your pre-order. The code should be in the email you received after ordering the game. If you haven't gotten your early access code from Square-Enix yet I advice you to contact their tech support.

Product SKU: PCDL
    Product Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV: Collector’s Edition Exclusive In-game Items (Pre-Ordered)
    Anticipated Released Date: August 27, 2013
    Qty Ordered: 1
    Amount: $0.00
    Shipment Tracking Numbers:

Product SKU: PC Download
    Product Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package
    Qty Ordered: 1
    Amount: $0.00
    Serial Number/Product Code: XXXXXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXX

As for the Open Beta you had to register for one before 30th of July 2013 if you didn't do that by then you are going to have to register for one on the 17th of August 2013.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;