Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: Titan Not A Subscription MMORPG... Whodathunkit?

2»

Comments

• Dexter2010Dexter2010 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by LordSneerg
    Titan will flop. Blizzard was lucky to launch wow when it did. Wow was good during the start but became gradually worse as time went on. I don't have faith in blizzard... I truly believe they have no clue on what the gamer community wants. 

I have been alienated by Blizzard and have also lost faith in them. Between D3's RMAH and WoW's sub + cs, I'm staying far away from further projects.

Why get excited about something non-existent? For years, Bliz released minimal about Titan and in actuality, we knew nothing about it except there may not be a sub for this piece of vaporware. Titan having fallen so far from grace, Bliz had to scrap everything; but what was there to actually scrap? It won't be completed for ages since devs are funneled off to other projects. Titan is nothing more than a meaningless buzzword with unwarranted mystique tossed around to maintain Bliz's popularity. With their philosophy, I wonder if they are indeed crafting a profitable game, or a money making scheme with graphics getting in the way.

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    f2p blizz game  = not possible, blizz loves to nickle and dime everything it possibly can

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

I think blizzard is in the same boat Cannon is, anything great they put out will cannabilize the strong market dominance they hold already.

Even with its subscription numbers falling it still has more subscriber than the next few mmo's combined, and they are subscribers paying money not just "players" but actual dollars flowing into the company. The same can not be said for the 3 million GW2 or other B2P and F2P numbers we see, they may or may not be putting money in.

Cannon, can't put out an amazing mirrorless camera without hurting its amazing already existing market, and whenever Titan rolls out that will be the day Blizzard is competing with itself.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Dexter2010
    Titan will flop. Blizzard was lucky to launch wow when it did. Wow was good during the start but became gradually worse as time went on. I don't have faith in blizzard... I truly believe they have no clue on what the gamer community wants. 

I have been alienated by Blizzard and have also lost faith in them. Between D3's RMAH and WoW's sub + cs, I'm staying far away from further projects.

Why get excited about something non-existent? For years, Bliz released minimal about Titan and in actuality, we knew nothing about it except there may not be a sub for this piece of vaporware. Titan having fallen so far from grace, Bliz had to scrap everything; but what was there to actually scrap? It won't be completed for ages since devs are funneled off to other projects. Titan is nothing more than a meaningless buzzword with unwarranted mystique tossed around to maintain Bliz's popularity. With their philosophy, I wonder if they are indeed crafting a profitable game, or a money making scheme with graphics getting in the way.

I didn't realise you were in Asia...seeing as the "CS" items are only available to Asian players, who dont pay traditional subs anyway, so please help me understand your concern....you know, with you being from the US and all..

I love the mmorpg.com forums ;)

Originally posted by doodphace

I didn't realise you were in Asia...seeing as the "CS" items are only available to Asian players, who dont pay traditional subs anyway, so please help me understand your concern....you know, with you being from the US and all..

I'm not in Asia. I'm not talking about xp pots, I'm referring to mounts and super powerful CS companions (ie. p2w pokemon). At one point in time, the sub fee granted full access to the game; rather than some mounts, some pets, some costumes..........

Bliz had also planned at one point, to charge a separate sub for playing with your friends cross realms. Box/xpak prices, CS, sub, realm xfer (and misc) fees invite costomers to become resentful.

I'm not in Asia. I'm not talking about xp pots, I'm referring to mounts and super powerful CS companions (ie. p2w pokemon). At one point in time, the sub fee granted full access to the game; rather than some mounts, some pets, some costumes..........

Bliz had also planned at one point, to charge a separate sub for playing with your friends cross realms. Box/xpak prices, CS, sub, realm xfer (and misc) fees invite costomers to become resentful.

There is no pet on their battle.net store that is stronger than other in game pets...

And why are u bringing up stuff that was never implemented?

There is no pet on their battle.net store that is stronger than other in game pets...

Yes, there are, go resub WoW.

I was discussing being nickled and dimed; this is one example and I suspect Titan will be no different. Don't bother responding to this; you appear to be a Bliz fanboi or dev who is not interested in conversing with reason, and I will no further entertain a discussion with someone who is disgruntled and on the offensive from the get go.

Yes, there are, go resub WoW.

I was discussing being nickled and dimed; this is one example and I suspect Titan will be no different. Don't bother responding to this; you appear to be a Bliz fanboi or dev who is not interested in conversing with reason, and I will no further entertain a discussion with someone who is disgruntled and on the offensive from the get go.

If you are sitting here being firm in your belief of there being stronger pets on the battle.net store than what you can get in game, we have nothing more to discuss...[mod edit]

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/best/

Out of the top 20 for health, none are pet store pets

Out of the top 20 for power, only 1 is a pet store pet, and though that 1 is high in power, its vastly lower in heal and speed.

Out of the top 20 for speed, non are pet store pets.

So out of the 60 top rated battle pets in wow, only 1 can be purchased from the pet store....

[mod edit]
  • JimWraithJimWraith Member UncommonPosts: 127

Blizzard in my opinion screwed up tuning WoW for the Generation Me crowd.  In my opinion WoW has been on the downslide since the Pre-Cataclysm patch, and I haven't looked back since.

Diablo 3 was what I expected and was a fair successor to the franchise.  But the associated real-money auction house tanked the game.  It trivialized what Diablo should be.  Why go quest for phat lewtz and levels (the only other point of the game beyond the story) when you can just buy them.  Blizzard kicked themselves in the nuts with that move, and whomever supported the D3 auction house should be fired.

Now "TITAN" (formerly the suspected Starcraft MMO) has, as far as the public is concerned, sat in a closet and done nothing since it was first hinted at or leaked.  Either Blizzard has it's security issues in check or Titan is sitting in a closet while the company floats on it's sea of money.

I don't think it's fair to say Blizzard is waiting to see what EverQuest Next will be so they can copy it.  Even after the big reveal, I'm not sold on EQN though I am curious.  I think a lot of what EQN is trying to do is at the forefront of MMO development, but if they fall on their face in the process EQN won't be worth copying.

I think Blizzard is smart enough not to need a game to copy.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by spawn12345
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    Originally posted by Affordable
    Blizzard is not the same company it was 10 years ago. SC2 and D3 are dreadful, and wow...is a joke.

Completely disagree. D3, in it's current state, is awesome. But if you like skipping awesome games...carry on.

there is no sane person that thinks d3 is an awesome game.... maybe if you like stock market trading and find it fun then yeah d3 is for you

Stock market trading is fun because making money is fun for a lot of people, because, ya know, money can be used to exchange for goods and services?

I guess making money isn't fun for some who aren't making money, lol.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    I suspect this will be the star raft universe online with a buy to play + cash shop model.

Considering how little Activision has on the books now I don't think they can afford a 100% F2P title.
  • mizrolistmizrolist Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Originally posted by bbbb42
    f2p blizz game  = not possible, blizz loves to nickle and dime everything it possibly can

Have you ever heard about Hearthstone?

Signatures are boring things.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by bbbb42

Isn't that what F2P games do?

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

If you are sitting here being firm in your belief of there being stronger pets on the battle.net store than what you can get in game, we have nothing more to discuss...[mod edit]

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/best/

Out of the top 20 for health, none are pet store pets

Out of the top 20 for power, only 1 is a pet store pet, and though that 1 is high in power, its vastly lower in heal and speed.

Out of the top 20 for speed, non are pet store pets.

So out of the 60 top rated battle pets in wow, only 1 can be purchased from the pet store....

[mod edit]

Ok, now you're just spitting out facts and as we all know, facts have no place in MMORPG.com forum threads.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I don't care one bit. as far as I'm concerned, Blizzard is different company...  comparable to Cryptic. It's 90% about money and 10% about product.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

In my time as a gamer i remember Silicon Synapse brining out one hell of a fcuking game i totaly got adicted to with my friends, Rock and Roll Racing.
    Since then i followed them around, they renamed to Blizzard and brought a decade of the greatest games out of their studio.

The lost vikings
    Rock and roll racing
    Warcraft series
    Starcraft series
    Diablo series

Then World of Warcraft - i was sold - addicted - the music , the raids , the pvp it all was awesome to play, up untill WotLK from there on i started to see things taken away from my class wich i loved.
    All their games took a wrong turn for the worse.
    Cataclysm / MoP just failed me big time, Diablo 3 was a joke.

I think Blizzard lost something along the way, they traded fun design for a money emperium.
    They lost the touch with their fans, developing cash shop items in a sub mmo + expensive expansions, they let many server to rot for years without help.
    They introduced faction change for moneh wich made the balance between horde and alliance a total joke.
    They asked cash for server transfer per character when almost any wow players has 10 chars per server.
    I can go on and on and on.

TLDR

I totaly lost faith in Blizzard over the past 4 years, they went from hero to zero in my book.
    All their latest releases were trash and i have a feeling Titan wont be much diffrent.

I hope i am totaly wrong, but my guts tell me Blizzard lost their magic and their most loyal fans.