Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

A bit about the storyline, Bethesda helping Zenimax

fistormfistorm Smalltown, WIPosts: 836Member Common

I was looking into the storyline of ESO and wanted to understand where and when it was taking place.   It takes place 1000 years before skyrim.   They basicly said they wanted to make it before skyrim because it doesn't lock up Bethesda to continue to make single player games for the elder scrolls series.   I often heard that since zenimax is making the game the storyline wouldn't be true, but I found that they actually got the orginal writers of the game to do the lore for zenimax.  If your instrested in the storyline heres a good place to start. 

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2012/10/18/reading-the-future-of-the-past-in-the-elder-scrolls

Two quotes I was glad to hear from this news post by ESO were:

" We’re also bringing you parts of Tamriel that have never been shown before, taking you to people and places that have previously only been hinted at."

and

"So how do we do all this and make sure we get it right? First and foremost, of course, by having the full cooperation of the original loremasters at Bethesda Game Studios."

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by fistorm

I was looking into the storyline of ESO and wanted to understand where and when it was taking place.   It takes place 1000 years before skyrim.   They basicly said they wanted to make it before skyrim because it doesn't lock up Bethesda to continue to make single player games for the elder scrolls series.   I often heard that since zenimax is making the game the storyline wouldn't be true, but I found that they actually got the orginal writers of the game to do the lore for zenimax.  If your instrested in the storyline heres a good place to start. 

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2012/10/18/reading-the-future-of-the-past-in-the-elder-scrolls

Two quotes I was glad to hear from this news post by ESO were:

" We’re also bringing you parts of Tamriel that have never been shown before, taking you to people and places that have previously only been hinted at."

and

"So how do we do all this and make sure we get it right? First and foremost, of course, by having the full cooperation of the original loremasters at Bethesda Game Studios."

One of the founders of Bethesda also founded Zenimax...  TESO is actually a cooperatIon of both, the story part and lore is totally supported and created by Bethesda.  

Elder scrolls onlines, is just what it says, an online playable version of the elder scrolls, where most of the single player content feels the same as a single player game, and the multi player parts are added to that, but  first and formost the elder scrolls online is an elder scrolls RPG...

and if you love elder scrolls games, and who doesnt?  You will also love this game.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)