Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Something's happening.

VolkonVolkon Sterling, VAPosts: 3,788Member

So, this release looks like it's going to be a lot bigger than ANet is letting on. What's most interesting is that they're using the dataminers own abilities against them. As you know, dataminers dig into the .dat files (iirc) and pull out new and relevant bits of information that tend to give sneak peaks into the next release. But this time there's nothing preloaded for them to find. Yet today... the main Queens Speech page was vandalized, and the folks at guild wars 2 guru received an interesting package

Speculation is running wild. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,564Member Uncommon

You and bcbully went to the same cheerleading camp ;)

• VolkonVolkon Sterling, VAPosts: 3,788Member
    Originally posted by Foomerang

You don't find it interesting that they're taking a different approach to releasing information about the upcoming content? They claim it's going to be huge and wrap up all the events of the living story so far and tie them all together. Yet the release page hardly told us anything. Now tidbits are trickling out and the datamining folks can't find anything.  How can you not be a little interested?

Wait... that was bully in the skirt? Oh man... what has been seen... <shudder>

Oderint, dum metuant.

• stayBlindstayBlind Suwannee, GAPosts: 527Member
    When do the new skills get patched in ? Does anyone know yet?

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

Originally posted by stayBlind
    When do the new skills get patched in ? Does anyone know yet?

They haven't said as of yet, just still going on the "by the end of the year" thing. New skills and traits (and ways to get them) will be a nice addition indeed.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• ScalplessScalpless SnowballvillePosts: 1,395Member Uncommon
    Nice marketing. Scarlet attacking the queen during the speech wouldn't be much of a surprise, though.
  • KenaoshiKenaoshi Porto AlegrePosts: 1,020Member Uncommon
    And Logan Shits his pants once again...

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• nastyjmannastyjman New York, NYPosts: 161Member
    I'm actually enjoying this story arc. I love how each update is like a TV episode, and we're all actors in each episode and in the whole serial. Compared to Flame & Frost, this was more engaging -- the introductory scene, the Pavilion, the Aetherblades coming out of the sky and attacking balloons (what?). I'm staying away from reddit and the official forums until the update drops; I don't want to spoil myself.
  • InFlamestwoInFlamestwo HindPosts: 662Member
    Then i wonder who is Scarlet? i don't remember her from either GW1 or GW2. A new character?

• MeowheadMeowhead New Carlisle, INPosts: 3,716Member
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    Then i wonder who is Scarlet? i don't remember her from either GW1 or GW2. A new character?

She has been mentioned once, by Mai Trin, after she is captured.

Basically saying that she's going to be in so much trouble with Scarlet.

So she's the leader of the Aetherblades, or in charge of the people who fund Aetherblades... or something.

It's not really certain.

There was also a mysterious female who had something to do with the Flame & Frost arc, who was never introduced by name or shown, just hinted at.

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarrePosts: 3,540Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Foomerang

At least he is posting news about games he plays on those game's specific forums. Unlike some here, who spend more time bashing games they don't play than positively participating in the communities of those they play.

Great info Volkon, thanks!

Playing now: WoW, Landmark, GW2, The Crew, SotA

Top 3 MMORPGs played: UO, AC1 and WoW

Honorable mentions: AO, LotRO, SW:TOR and GW2.

----------------

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• AeanderAeander Walker, LAPosts: 522Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kenaoshi

For sale: Logan's sword. Never been used. Only dropped once - he swears. 

• NaqajNaqaj Frankfurt am MainPosts: 1,673Member
    Originally posted by Aeander
    Originally posted by Kenaoshi

For sale: Logan's sword. Never been used. Only dropped once - he swears. 

He has a new shield now. Big enough to cover his back when he runs away ...

• NaqajNaqaj Frankfurt am MainPosts: 1,673Member

And then there's this.

Username, stickied post ... maybe just someone having fun, maybe more. Keep your eyes open around here, wouldn't be surprised about some strange forum post.

If the White Mantle were to return then you'd open the door to the Mursaat returning as well. In that case, Agony Resist takes on a whole new meaning!  As far as the scope of the game goes, that would indeed be huge.

Thanks for that Naqaj!

Oderint, dum metuant.

Oderint, dum metuant.