Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should they implement a pregnancy feature?

I've wanted to see pregnant characters in an MMO for a long time. They should make it happen.

Comments

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200
    With a virtual birth where the group gets a special buff for cooking, sharing and eating the after birth.... hmmm how real do you want it? lol
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Weren't people peeved that the lion dude looked like simba?

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I wouldn't want to see it in EQN.  It really depends on SOE though, whether or not they want EQN to be a full-fledged simulator mimicking real life, or just a virtual playground where people can suspend their reality.  From what we know, it's the latter, since EQN has magic and unreal monsters.  There should be a balance, and pregnant avatars tends to swing more towards a simulator, such as The Sims or Second Life.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

How unbelievably boring would that be?

"I'm stuck in the main city and I'm not even allowed to walk around, my in-game husband has to do all the questing because the wizard doctor told me that I shouldn't be engaging in combat while pregnant. Worst 9 months of game time evar! At least I don't pay a monthly fee for this."

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Breeders...in my mmo? Only if its FFA PvP

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Want an alt? Have to make it yourself. Buy a fertility potion from our cash shop.
  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

There are plenty of pregnant people in the second life, I just hope like death and being a pk, that there are consequences when they put this into EQnext, like the other spouse has to donate 20% of all loot won to the player who is staying at home with the child and your player housing insurance rate goes up when your teenage mage burns down the house and the house next door....and you get a text message alert at 2am telling you to log in and bail your PK Hooligan Dark Elf kid out of prison.

Sounds like a great gold sink for the economy to me.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Fable does it so why not.  A family feature would be sort of a cool addition to housing.
  • DukeTyrionDukeTyrion Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Odds are someone's water would break half way through a raid >.<
  • austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

Maybe if they add a "sex" minigame? Otherwise how are babies gona be made?

With the stylised graphics maybe you can pull a kids story to explain how the birth actually happened.....

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by DukeTyrion
    Odds are someone's water would break half way through a raid >.<

But imagine... once a month all female characters would lose 10 HP and 5 agility but gain 30 str and 50 accuracy for an entire week.

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    swing around a big hammer with a big belly?..... fighting a dragon then you go into labor...what...the.....hell..... Now i have seen every suggestion there is thank you
  • AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Go request it on the sims boards. Honestly who'd want it ? A time frame of limited mobility , constant bitchiness , water retention and ravenous hungry and quick drops in blood sugar and nesting behavior. The up side you'd be able to probably be a better scent hound. Unfortunately the lack of mobility would make you useless. Not mention anything you'd be tracking could hear the bitching coming from miles away. Worst suggestion ever.

• Victor_KrugerVictor_Kruger Member UncommonPosts: 280
     I remember a post by Smedley when EQ 2 was just launch talking about players being able to have kids in game as he was laying out some thoughts about the future of EQ 2. 
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    As tkreep said it would be an interesting mechanic if it was soley NPC and related to housing. I do agree that it would add another "flavor" to the gameworld. Maybe there would be added costs to housing but the older they got you could have some sort of resource acquisition. It's an interesting concept.
  • Burdoc101Burdoc101 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Maybe for RP servers. But I just don't see the benefit at all. I would need to know why you want pregnant people in game so I can bounce my ideas around that, because I cannot think of one myself. :/
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Sure I am all for in game pregnancy. But as long as they have a Midwifery  profession  :)
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

I like the idea that somebody said earlier about your offspring becoming your Alt

It would work well with a permadeath mechanic. I could leave my broadsword behind after my glorious death for my child... it would grant him/her special bravery bonuses (if he/she decided to take up my sword).

*You receive the Legendary Broadsword of Zod

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Ease up on the OP.   It's not like he suggested eKidneyStones or anything.  :)

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

40 classes in EQN, one of them is a pet class. El Prego

That's all before I get a ban.

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by General-Zod

I like the idea that somebody said earlier about your offspring becoming your Alt

It would work well with a permadeath mechanic. I could leave my broadsword behind after my glorious death for my child... it would grant him/her special bravery bonuses (if he/she decided to take up my sword).

*You receive the Legendary Broadsword of Zod

That actually isn't a terrible idea...I think we could skip the pregnancy, crawling, diaper wearing stages though..

• AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275

If they chose to have pregnancy in the game,  Remember when it comes to protecting the young ones, the female is more deadly than them male.  Think of that raiding orc hoard running away in abject terror just because they crossed paths with a angry mother protecting her young.  Just because in protecting mode she has +1000% to hit and +500% to damage.

The husband had better watch out to when she is in protecting mode too.  Anyone for a frying pan up along the head, a fire ball up the nose, or poison in the food?

One thing to make it even  would be if one of you invented a spell so a male could get pregnant then get a lesser version of the protect young bonus.

Any takers?

P.S.  Forgot to say that you also have to support kids till they are of age!

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    You should be able to become a game developer in a game so you can make an mmo in an mmo.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Or you take the boat!
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

There are no character slots, you just make one character on an account and that's it.

If you want more, you're going to have to make them yourself.  No more of this carebear handholding!

This discussion has been closed.