Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any of you tried CUBE WORLD?

TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

It looks like an interesting project and it uses the latest craze .."voxels"

any of you tried the alpha?

https://picroma.com/cubeworld

Comments

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    hmm, why move this? Do you mods not consider this a mmorpg?
  • SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354

Give this game better graphics with Disney art style and you get EQN.

edit: not just EQN also EQ Landmark.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

Originally posted by SamuraiXIV

oh come on. this actually looks interesting. its amazing what the husband and wife team have put together.

• munx4555munx4555 Member Posts: 169
    the game had alot of potential but as far as I can tell wolfram took the money from the initial sale and made a run for it.
  • SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by TribeofOne

oh come on. this actually looks interesting. its amazing what the husband and wife team have put together.

I'm not being funny also I'm a sucker for good graphics. I would never play minecraft or any other game that looks like it was done 20 years ago.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

I'm not being funny also I'm a sucker for good graphics. I would never play minecraft or any other game that looks like it was done 20 years ago.

oh i see. Flash over substance guy, i got ya.

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289
    I picked it up a while back. I look forward to more content. 
  • koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447
    It's not a build game.  You just go around killing stuff and leveling up.  You don't actually build anything.  Plus, the only people working on the game were a husband and wife team.  So good luck getting stuff updated or fixed.
  • StimzStimz Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Originally posted by koboldfodder
    It's not a build game.  You just go around killing stuff and leveling up.  You don't actually build anything.  Plus, the only people working on the game were a husband and wife team.  So good luck getting stuff updated or fixed.

I have a feeling that if 2 people made it, then they know what their doing, Might take slightly longer than some games, but they obviously know how to do it.

• WW4BWWW4BW Member UncommonPosts: 501

Its pretty fun, but definatly needs more people. Although I have only played solo. Would like to try it out as a group but friends arent interested.

Personally I would prefer a few more options for abilites. And if the game could be populated by people.

It does look gorgeous though and I had fun mucking about with it as both warrior types and as a water mage. Seems like the other classes had a hard time soloing even the simplest bosses. But maybe I was just too bad at dodging.

There is quite a long list of things I would like to be different from personal preference at least if not for improved gameplay in general.. But I got more than I paid for in entertainment value and it also serves as proof that it doesnt take hundreds of millions to create interesting gameplay.  I mean I have payed almost 10 times more for games that I have barely touched. 

• patlefortpatlefort Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Everytimes I can't help but facepalm when I see support for Windows with planned support for Mac OS and consoles but no linux. Developpers seriously need to learn about other OS than locked proprietary ones.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by patlefort
    Everytimes I can't help but facepalm when I see support for Windows with planned support for Mac OS and consoles but no linux. Developpers seriously need to learn about other OS than locked proprietary ones.

Riiiight, because there's enough of a Linux market for a small team to invest precious resources into. I get that some people love Linux, but you need to accept what comes with it. Limited mainstream support.

It's not that they don't know about it, they just need to focus where they will find the most people. If you're a PC gamer and don't have windows, you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot.

It's akin to saying "Why are they supporting English, German, Chinese etc but not supporting Swahili for a language? They need to learn about Swahili gamers too!"

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Actually a fun game. But like was stated the dude took the money and ran off with it. Which means the likelyhood of future updates is unrealistic. Give it a go still. It's a good distraction.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• patlefortpatlefort Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

Riiiight, because there's enough of a Linux market for a small team to invest precious resources into. I get that some people love Linux, but you need to accept what comes with it. Limited mainstream support.

It's not that they don't know about it, they just need to focus where they will find the most people. If you're a PC gamer and don't have windows, you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot.

It's akin to saying "Why are they supporting English, German, Chinese etc but not supporting Swahili for a language? They need to learn about Swahili gamers too!"

But they can do Mac OS X? I don't think it's much larger than linux. Statistics are usually very wrong here because everyone is forced to use Windows and linux don't have sales figures because it's usually free. Linux isn't just a different flavor like language, it's also about freedom. I know that people don't care about freedom. Until they lose it.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by emperorwings
    Actually a fun game. But like was stated the dude took the money and ran off with it. Which means the likelyhood of future updates is unrealistic. Give it a go still. It's a good distraction.

Do you have a link? He published an update on the 23 of July......

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

That's not fair. Swahili has four million native language speakers, and you don't have Richard Stallman whining at you for porting your non-free games over to Swahili.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/360906/steams-proposed-move-to-linux-is-unethical-gnu-founder/

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by DMKano

2-4 lan play is not a mmorpg

We would all agree if this wasn't MMORPG.COM where instance games like d3 or GW1 are listed on the games list and discussed as MMOs or MMORPGs. So in theory you are right but in reality on this site MMORPGs don't have to be MMOs or RPGs at all.

LFG!
  • Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362

Actually looks interesting. I would give it a spin.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Looks ok but sounds seems to be a bit too childish. 
  • TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    I play off and on. Its quite fun.
  • ZieglerZiegler Member Posts: 159

What's really funny about that is....

MAC OS is just a Unix Distro....as is consoles I have heard.

• ego13ego13 Member Posts: 267
    Originally posted by eHug
    Originally posted by DMKano

2-4 lan play is not a mmorpg

We would all agree if this wasn't MMORPG.COM where instance games like d3 or GW1 are listed on the games list and discussed as MMOs or MMORPGs. So in theory you are right but in reality on this site MMORPGs don't have to be MMOs or RPGs at all.

Except both D3 and GW1 are MMORGPs.  Whether you choose to arbitrary disqualify them because of the limited amount of people you might be in a group with they are both still connected massively and communicate massively to the full audience/server.

Good try, though.

Just because every car has similar features doesn't mean that Ferraris are copies of Model Ts. Progress requires failure and refining.