Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linked videos

gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
Lets start posting some recommended and epic videos of AO.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Comments

• BidwoodBidwood Member Posts: 554

I only know of two...

1.) PVP territory dispute:

2.) PVE

Of course the PVP is more exciting. =) But we all knew that.

My hype level is climbing fast.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Edit: I posted same two so I will remove this.  I will add more as more videos will show up.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• empaempa Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Just wanted to chime in and say that these videos are all early alpha vids, except a lot of changes :)

Freelance team member for Sandbox Interactive currently developing Albion Online.

Originally posted by empa
    Just wanted to chime in and say that these videos are all early alpha vids, except a lot of changes :)

For sure. But it already looks so good for an early alpha.

I'm glad the devs are being transparent and letting people post stuff.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Is this next gen MMO ?
  • empaempa Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by Bidwood
    Originally posted by empa

For sure. But it already looks so good for an early alpha.

I'm glad the devs are being transparent and letting people post stuff.

Our team is too small to waste time to hunt people down for sharing the game, the only thing we ask is that people try to highlight stuff that is proper and meant to be in the game and not our placeholder stuff :) 

But our goal is to have the community very involved throughout the development process (Before and after release)

Freelance team member for Sandbox Interactive currently developing Albion Online.

• BercilakBercilak Albion OnlineMember Posts: 108

Especially the second video (the PVE one) where SIN kills the Harvester was super super early PvE testing. Meanwhile the MOBs can cast spells and have proper threat management. The whole PvE experience will get more dynamic than shown in the video. 

Kind regards, 

Stefan

• skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by Bercilak

Especially the second video (the PVE one) where SIN kills the Harvester was super super early PvE testing. Meanwhile the MOBs can cast spells and have proper threat management. The whole PvE experience will get more dynamic than shown in the video. 

Kind regards, 

Stefan

Stefan,

I'm assuming the linked videos are PC (duh), do you plan on having a customizable UI for PC, or do you plan to try and keep it the same between all devices for "fairness". Hopefully you guys can add basic XML/LUA type of scripting? Maybe? Hopefully? One of the major downfalls with Darkfall was the lack of customizable UI, and one of the best things in UO was the moveable UI.

I think you guys are on to something with the whole MOBA style setup and movement, and you may be able to really capture part of that market. Sent a message to your alpha email, and hoping I get in this. If you guys have guild recruitment open again, I would try and get mine on board (WoW Divinity US 11th).

• BercilakBercilak Albion OnlineMember Posts: 108
    Originally posted by skamper

Kind regards, 

Stefan

Stefan,

I'm assuming the linked videos are PC (duh), do you plan on having a customizable UI for PC, or do you plan to try and keep it the same between all devices for "fairness". Hopefully you guys can add basic XML/LUA type of scripting? Maybe? Hopefully? One of the major downfalls with Darkfall was the lack of customizable UI, and one of the best things in UO was the moveable UI.

I think you guys are on to something with the whole MOBA style setup and movement, and you may be able to really capture part of that market. Sent a message to your alpha email, and hoping I get in this. If you guys have guild recruitment open again, I would try and get mine on board (WoW Divinity US 11th).

Heya skamper,

UI is always a big topic. Currently we are creating everything tablet optimised. Why, because it is the bigger challange due to the smaller screen and the clumsy input device called finger. Then shortly before release we will adjust the PC UI accordingly so that it fits rather modern standars. Doing this now would create just a large overhead of maintaining two different UIs. Especially in our current situation a lot of UI changes are happening because we add or remove stuff.

And just from a project view creating UI is always one of the most time consuimg tasks ;) However having a full customizable UI won't happen before release. Not because we don't like it, but just because we do not have the necessary time or money for it implementing it, cause there are still so many other issues regarding the normal gameplay we have to address before. 

I hope I was able to answer a few of your question although not satisfying probably. We love customizable UI as well but that probably will take some time till we can deliver this.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Kind regards, 

Stefan

Thank you, Stefan. That sounds wonderful.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Sept 16 is the next Alpha, since there is no NDA...our clan will be making some cool vids to show off here.  If anyone has requests on things they want to see vids off...let me know and I'll try to make those vids for you.

Thanks,

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by SirBalin

Sept 16 is the next Alpha, since there is no NDA...our clan will be making some cool vids to show off here.  If anyone has requests on things they want to see vids off...let me know and I'll try to make those vids for you.

Thanks,

I would be interested in viewing some crafting videos..

Originally posted by General-Zod

Thanks,

I would be interested in viewing some crafting videos..

Okay, we have a few dedicated crafters...I'll get them to work on one mid September.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

Thanks,

Thank you sir.

I would ;love to see some exploration... even just one person moving around the open world

Originally posted by Bidwood

Thanks,

Thank you sir.

I would ;love to see some exploration... even just one person moving around the open world

No problem, will have it done.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

So alpha starting Monday.  I had mentioned that our clan is going to be in this weeks alpha and with these developers that have so much passion for their game, they've ensured that there will be no NDA.  That said, we will post some vids.  I know a few wanted to see some exploration and some crafting.  We'll get some vids up this upcoming week and I plan to have a live stream running as well, i'll post it Monday night or Tuesday at the latest.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us