Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is the hype for Black Desert?

Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056

I never heard of this game until a few days ago, maybe that is why there is no hype....no one else has either lol. I watched the trailer and it was just amazing! Some of the animation obviously need to be worked on, but the environment is unbelievable. Being touted as a sandbox MMO. 

Anyway thought I would share for anyone else in the dark what looks to be an amazing game if the gameplay matches the world they have created. 7+ minute trailer link below, I dare you to try and not watch the entire thing!  

....and no it is not my video;)

Make MMORPG's Great Again!

Comments

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404

i seen it before. it looks great execpt the usual asian themed flashing fighting animations.

it lagged even in the video of the siege the last part hehe.

well anyways im gonna try it. and hope i can play one of them ogres we see in the video sometimes.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Originally posted by syltmacka

i seen it before. it looks great execpt the usual asian themed flashing fighting animations.

it lagged even in the video of the siege the last part hehe.

well anyways im gonna try it. and hope i can play one of them ogres we see in the video sometimes.

Yea the animations are pretty bad, I hope because it is still in alpha testing lol. And I also agree about the "Asian" mmo thing. Honestly though if it were merely a world exploration game, a hikling sim if you will.....I think I would try it.

• zeccofoxzeccofox Member Posts: 2
    Not a lot of information is out about the game. 
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    No point hyping up something we won't see in the west for ages, given how long it takes to westernise these things.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by zeccofox

Agreed. There's not much to get psyched about yet.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by zeccofox

Agreed. There's not much to get psyched about yet.

Just the environment alone is the most amazing I have seen in an MMO, enough to get me hyped to put it on my radar lol. I guess I should have used interest rather than hype. Does not seem to be a lot of interest in it. Maybe because I just heard of it, in a month I'll forget about it.

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336

There is only one trailer. Nothing else. We have no reports by people who actually played the game. I remember the story of Vanguard - they had a demo which showed everything they had (housing etc.). However, it was not gameplay, it was kind of a little move. And when Microsoft found out about that, they left the project.

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• KirexyKirexy Member Posts: 21

Have you seen their latest teaser? They seem to have worked ALOT with their animations (which they said in their official facebook page)

There are also 3 more trailers than the one above, I'm sure you must have missed them. And there is informaiton for those who really try to look for it.

A great site for keeping up with the news is black-desert.com

• CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Definitely a game to look forward to. Although, last I heard still no NA publisher and we are talking 2015 at the earliest. :(
  • alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by Mahavishnu

There is only one trailer. Nothing else. We have no reports by people who actually played the game. I remember the story of Vanguard - they had a demo which showed everything they had (housing etc.). However, it was not gameplay, it was kind of a little move. And when Microsoft found out about that, they left the project.

They had a gameplay demo at last gstar supposedly but only one or two sites actually reported on it because nobody really gave two shits about this game at the time (e.g., MMORPG refused to add this game to their games list until a couple months ago let alone actually covering BD's gstar presence 9 months ago).

And there are several different trailers.  Not to mention gameplay demonstrations of housing features and other features.

You act like this game is so obviously vaporware despite the fact there is an upcoming closed beta a short while away.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    The less hype the better.
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

this game is in alpha. it wont be released for another year, possibly two, and that's in Korea. most games that launch there first take at least one year for localization and that's if they decide they will make money on it and if they can find a NA publisher/host.

i wouldn't expect to hear anything remotely serious or final about this game for another two years minimum.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

"As of right now the first three confirmed Black Desert Races are : Elf, Human and Giant. The two pending races that have yet to is Dwarf and Hobbit. They are designed to fit into the Medieval European aesthetic of the game. It is not known yet if classes will be race restricted (such as Archer tied to Elf only.) as some classes will be Gender Locked. While others open to play by both sexes."

Seems they are short on time/money if they are thinking about gender locked classes imo.  I dont see a other reason behind it since it doesnt add to the fun factor limiting players in what they want and can do.

If i look at the housing video http://www.black-desert.com/crafting it looks like you will be able to create some stuff in the open world, But if that adds gameplay i dont know there is not much info about the game beside that website with TONS and TONS of typos.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Let me put it this way; I got hyped for ArcheAge in 2010. Its still not here. Korean mmos take for fricken ever to arrive in the west.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Black Desert will probably go the ArcheAge route: a quiet buzz when the first videos are released (this is where we stand at the moment), then a lot of hype as more, but still limited information, leaks out of Korea. People who don't know more than the next guy will be claiming it's be the next big thing, a genre changing sandbox saviour, etc.

As with ArcheAge, it will basically be naïve gamers filling in the info gaps with their own wet dreams about the perfect MMO. As soon as those gaps start filling up all by themselves with hard facts and gameplay reports, the hype will slowly die and when the game finally releases in the west in 2025, nobody will be around to play it.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I'll go cross eyed playing this game .. keeps focusing in and out .. in and out .. every hit? UHG!!  Combat .. in / out .. in out .. focus / refocus ... wow major job on my eyes just watching the trailer let alone playing the game.

The graphics are pretty, but the engine also appears to suffer from pop-ups like the rest (anti-scopic?).  Graphics are terrific, but I have to tell ya .. gameplay is a million times that.  Graphics help though, don't get me wrong.

And that trailer just attracts the graphics junkies, not actual gamers. ... which in turn attracts casual gamers, so don't expect a long shelf-life if this is all BD offers.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Biskop

Black Desert will probably go the ArcheAge route: a quiet buzz when the first videos are released (this is where we stand at the moment), then a lot of hype as more, but still limited information, leaks out of Korea. People who don't know more than the next guy will be claiming it's be the next big thing, a genre changing sandbox saviour, etc.

As with ArcheAge, it will basically be naïve gamers filling in the info gaps with their own wet dreams about the perfect MMO. As soon as those gaps start filling up all by themselves with hard facts and gameplay reports, the hype will slowly die and when the game finally releases in the west in 2025, nobody will be around to play it.

Yes, this is exactly it.

I like the lack of hype for this game. Usually people just bring it up to spite Archage, thinking it's going to be so much better despite that most likely they haven't played either. But the real type will be coming, around 2015 when it releases in Korea, then when actual details come up people will rush to the forums to talk about how it's another immersion breaking, bad, evil anime style Korean grinder before it comes out lol.

I know I'll be playing it regardless and I look their facebook from time to time but.. it's like 5 years away for us.

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

Black Desert looks to me like a re-skinned FFXIV wannabe with boring trailers.

Seriously... nothing to see here... move along.

Ratero.

Originally posted by Rhonen

Ratero.

Are you purposely being crazy?

I do not see that at all.  Bless looks like an evolved version of FFXIV to me, but not Black Deserts.

Black Deserts doesn't really remind me of any MMO, personally.  It looks sort of like Vindictus/Skyrim but with a setting that is based more on european fables.  Also, FFXIV doesn't even have non-instanced housing or action-combat like BD, so already they're entirely different in terms of game mechanics.

Originally posted by alyosha17

Ratero.

I do not see that at all.  Bless looks like an evolved version of FFXIV to me, but not Black Deserts.

Black Deserts doesn't really remind me of any MMO, personally.  It looks sort of like Vindictus/Skyrim but with a setting that is based more on european fables.  Also, FFXIV doesn't even have non-instanced housing or action-combat like BD, so already they're entirely different in terms of game mechanics.

Nope... not being crazy at all.  From what I saw of this game it's the same old rehash of any number of games but it reminds me more of a re-skinned FFXIV more than anything else.  Not saying my opinion is any better than anyone elses... just my personal opinion.

Ratero.

Ratero.

Nope... not being crazy at all.  From what I saw of this game it's the same old rehash of any number of games but it reminds me more of a re-skinned FFXIV more than anything else.  Not saying my opinion is any better than anyone elses... just my personal opinion.

Ratero.

Most MMO's don't have non-instanced housing, nor action-combat, nor the graphical detail of BD.  So even if it's your opinion, it doesn't seem to be backed up by much and kind of a worthless assessment, frankly.

Ratero.

Ratero.

Most MMO's don't have non-instanced housing, nor action-combat, nor the graphical detail of BD.  So even if it's your opinion, it doesn't seem to be backed up by much and kind of a worthless assessment, frankly.

Yech... someone has anger issues it seems.

I was not talking about the housing nor was I talking about what ever "action-combat" is, however the quality of the graphics I saw is still comparable to current games.  I was talking about the style of the graphics reminded me of a re-skinned FFXIV.  There is no reason to call someone elses opinion "worthless assessment" since everyone has different tastes and what pleases one person may not please another.  if my opinion is disagreeable with you then fine, that is your opinion; However, it is still my opinion and you can just get over it.

Have a nice day.

Ratero.

• Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244

I've been asking the same thing there is loads of hype for EQN but not this we have about the same information for both and for me and about 15 people on our guild vent I linked the videos too the other night  agree this looks so much better.