Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: Pikko Server Backbone Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

UPDATE: 

Behaviour Interactive is proud to announce a new Eternal Crusade partnership with MuchDifferent, a leader in multiplayer game network technologies. In order to let a massive number of players meet in a shared environment, Behaviour Interactive has decided to power its most anticipated game using PikkoServer. This technology is the same one that MuchDifferent used to set a record breaking 1,000 players in a single game environment.

According to Stephen Mulrooney, Behaviour Interactive’s Executive Technical Director, “MuchDifferent offers a level of game server scalability for massively multiplayer online games that no one else can. With PikkoServer we’ll be able to meet the Gaming community’s expectations and more simultaneous players”.

Christian Lönnholm, CEO of MuchDifferent is “very excited that Behaviour will be using PikkoServer to deliver a world class multiplayer experience.”

This first partnership is a new step towards Behaviour Interactive’s vision of making a game which will stand out both by its gameplay and its ability to gather the Gaming community around the project. Miguel Caron, Behaviour Interactive Online’s Head of Studio is already picturing this new range of possibilities as he invites the community to “Imagine seeing 500 Space Orks running towards you shouting Waaagh! While you and 499 of your Space Marines friends get ready to defend your Forteress!! I know I can!!!’’ 

Behaviour Interactive, developers of Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is planning on making a significant announcement on Wednesday, August 14th. The official Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade site will be updated with the news sometime during the day. We'll keep you posted as the story develops.

Keep your eye on the Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    I bet Forums getting open !!!
  • InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119
    Deyz gunna tell us wen da WAAAGH! iz! Put on yer killin' caps boyz! We'z gunna make dem 'umies deader 'en dirt!

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

• AndrosTRBAndrosTRB Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Originally posted by InsaneDalek
    Deyz gunna tell us wen da WAAAGH! iz! Put on yer killin' caps boyz! We'z gunna make dem 'umies deader 'en dirt!

made my day

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    An announcement for an announcement! oooh so exciting!

Joined - July 2004

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    game's cancelled.
  • NonderyonNonderyon Member UncommonPosts: 189
    they going to introduce the Eldar craftworlds or green mushroom clans :)
  • EhliyaEhliya Member UncommonPosts: 223
    They will announce Squats as a new faction!
  • PrudiiPrudii Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by InsaneDalek

Well done sir, well done.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Lets see some gameplay !
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    game's cancelled.

Hey that isn't funny. 

Limited alpha/beta testing before eoy.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171
    War starts at the end of 2015 but they will also make Major Announcement at the start of 2015 that the whole project is shut down cause of financila problems :D
  • SavijSavij Member Posts: 341
    Forums are very possible, the one who is working on it wont go on vacation before it is on ^^

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
    WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337
    EternalCrusader.com Savij

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Everybody who pre-orders get's a real life Titan. I tell you guys, that's going to cut my commute to work in half! Seriously though I think it's forums but would do a manly arm pump if they announce Imperial Guard.
  • AcontiAconti Member Posts: 20
    I'd be happy with the official forums opening :)
  • ZieglerZiegler Member Posts: 159
    Beta Registration and Forums launch.
  • Ar-AamonAr-Aamon Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    game's cancelled.

Haha would be hilarious :ugly:

One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade forged in defiance of fate, Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered, And my final gift to the species I failed

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

It will cost you $300 to enter alpha

but you will get a limited edition necromunda figure if you do

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Major announcement=The Emperor has received His Tacos.
  • RedecRedec Member UncommonPosts: 43
    I don't know if it was already there but there is an unclickable forum link at the top of their website now.
  • ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    1000? That's pretty cool, if they make it like how ps2 has 2000 per cont then that would be the icing on the cake.
  • TheSGCTheSGC Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Redec
    I don't know if it was already there but there is an unclickable forum link at the top of their website now.

Yeah, it's been there for a while. They said they'll be starting up a community soon - probably concurrently with their launch for closed beta, I'd imagine.

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Sciva, they are talking 1000 people in one specfic area. Not the whole server.

Im not sure what ps2 did, but first person shooter wise, a 1000 people fighting is a lot compared to cs-source with 60 or bf with a 100.

Remember its also a fps game. So registration and ping is important. If they are saying 1000 in one area, they mean it will work well with 1000 in one area.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    I read somewhere this is actually a third-person shooter much like Space Marine.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by EndoRoboto
    I read somewhere this is actually a third-person shooter much like Space Marine.

Pretty much but the difference between FPS and TPS is perspective, not much else.

• shantidevashantideva Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Originally posted by Ehliya
    They will announce Squats as a new faction!

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day!"