Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Site Appears

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard is getting ready for some big news regarding Diablo III. A new site has appeared on the Battle.Net site called "Reaper of Souls". The quote comes from the Book of Tyrael and reads, "Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all."

Blizzard has promised a "big announcement" at Gamescom. Perhaps a D3 expansion? Judging by this site, that seems to be the case. We'll keep you posted as the story develops.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252

I think the announcement will be related to "The Dark Below" they registered a couple days ago,, which is probably the next WoW expansion.

In the WoW lore, "The Dark Below" is the place where the most vile beings that plague Azeroth live.

It´s also probably where that kraken thing kidnapped Neptulon to.

• Paulolino34Paulolino34 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO

I think the announcement will be related to "The Dark Below" they registered a couple days ago,, which is probably the next WoW expansion.

In the WoW lore, "The Dark Below" is the place where the most vile beings that plague Azeroth live.

It´s also probably where that kraken thing kidnapped Neptulon to.

^ This could be true, but i don't think "reaper of souls" has anything to do with "the dark below" because if you see closely in the "Reaper of Souls" website http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/ it says book of tyrael

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I know I should be careful, but color me excited!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• V1kN1kV1kN1k Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Im excited again :DDDD!

DMC

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I suspect the Dark Below is a reference to WoW. It seems WoW Wiki has a page that pretty convincingly links the Burning Legion and Sargeras to the reference "Dark Below". :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    11:43PM here in New Zealand I just decided to check mmorpg.com one time before sleep and low and behold ! There is always some interesting news. This has me excited also :)
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    I always like hearing about what blizz has up their sleeves. I really wasn't expecting MoP though, seriously thought the next x-pac was going to be related to the emerald dream. I just hope they get back to the darker lore of the game.
  • KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Hope they add ladders in the expansion :/
  • MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    It's the next Starcraft expansion where Tyrael falls in love with Cairne Bloodhoof and saves him from the depths of space.

beLIEve

• GolazGolaz Member UncommonPosts: 24

If you read the bottom of the page where the trademark text is you see diablo is mentioned.

So I guess it's Diablo expansion and not WoW expansion as some of you are suggesting

• HandsomeHussHandsomeHuss Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by Gromiz

If you read the bottom of the page where the trademark text is you see diablo is mentioned.

So I guess it's Diablo expansion and not WoW expansion as some of you are suggesting

The WoW-expansion that they are talking about is in reference to Blizzard taking out a trademark on something called "The Dark Below".

Speculators thought that "The Dark Below" would either be a Diablo 3 expansion or WoW expansion. Since the Diablo 3 expansion appears to be called "Reaper of Souls", then it is very possible that "The Dark Below" could be the WoW expansion.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Gromiz

people are suggesting that

Reaper of Souls is D3

Dark Below may be WOW  http://www.wowwiki.com/Dark_Below

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Angels are the bad guys in this one!!!

Impreious was pretty pissed off at Tyrael and the Nephalim; he will gather angry angels and they shall spread their wings over all.

Hostile take over of earth by angry angels! OMG, it's Supernatural season 8! lol

Can't wait, D2 wasn't that great until LoD, hopefully D3 will be all that and a bag of crisps with an xpac.

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    If you go to that splash page and clearly read the trade mark fine print it say's diablo is a registered trade mark.
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

How long has it been with no new content?  D2 had the excuse that it had no way to bring in income, but bliz raked it in with rmah, and so far the endgame grinding have only made rmah more important to success with no real content added.

They need to step it up and quickly.  I don't know how people can do the same runs (and almost all solo) over and over again.  It doesn't even have the appeal of jumping into a game with 7 others to kill baal or cows.  sigh...

• Dexter2010Dexter2010 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by Rusque

Angels are the bad guys in this one!!!

Impreious was pretty pissed off at Tyrael and the Nephalim; he will gather angry angels and they shall spread their wings over all.

Hostile take over of earth by angry angels! OMG, it's Supernatural season 8! lol

Can't wait, D2 wasn't that great until LoD, hopefully D3 will be all that and a bag of crisps with an xpac.

Sounds like Legion the movie.

• derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265

I'm excited. I'm almost POSITIVE that one of the features will be the "endless dungeon" they've been talking about.

I just hope some really good core changes are made to the game. Along with plenty of new places to take down demons. If it's only one more new act I hope it's larger than the others.

I'm pretty excited.

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by Raserei
    I'm guessing a D3 re-release. FFXIV did it, why not D3? No auction house and a better item system!

I can only hope you're correct. But that ARR move cost them a ton to do lol. But Blizzard is well capable of that amount of cash as well......*Crosses broken fingers*

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• Omb123Omb123 Member Posts: 3
    I hope they make the expansion a true randomized dungeons with random encounters, with something like 100 levels deep. A true D3, so we can get our dungeon crawler fix for a long time. There's one thing i didn't like (beside the AH and adjusting drops to control the market bc activison are greedy asshats and ruined D3) with D3 is the linear aspect of it, it kills the replay value alot.
  • stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I hope the bosses in this one tell me exactly how to beat them!

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• KillbaneKillbane Member UncommonPosts: 23
    It's a D3 link in the address not WoW lol

Solo play is for off-line players.